Infertility

Endometritis? Anyone have this??

My doctor insisted I get a saline ultrasound and now I have an infection from the procedure called endometritis. Ttc 10 years plus. Hubby has no swimmers. I’ve never had an infection down there in my life. I’m so sad and kind of upset. Did she not sterilize her instrument properly? She said it might take months to clear up!! Now I’m also concerned with secondary infertility due to the endometritis. Anyone have this happen?

Re: Endometritis? Anyone have this??

• simsima143simsima143 Just Joined
    I had this and I had no clue. We did a routine ERA during my Mock cycle and was put on antibiotics for 7 days and then a prebiotic for about 10. We did the embroyo transfer and have my Beta on the 30th to see if it was successful. There are different degrees of infection, but I couldn't imagine it lasting months.
  • A person with endometriosis might consider minimizing foods that either cause inflammation or maximize estrogen levels, both of which may totally contribute to the disorder. However, much research is necessary to establish the link between endometriosis and diet. women having endometriosis may important from eating plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Plant-based proteins may also help. Yes, a woman with endometritis can get pregnant. The treatment is to treat chronic endometritis antibiotics are prescribed, and the treatment lasts between ten to fourteen days.

• Loading the player...
  • It is not normal if you can not keep down even water or anything. You may have HG (hyperemesis gravidarum), which means extra vomiting in pregnancy.  HG is diagnosed when you become sick and you lose a few of your pregnancy weight. You'll become dehydrated because you can't keep drinks down, so you look dark yellow. or even brown. You'll also miss out on important nutrition because you can't eat. You may also feel dizzy because your blood pressure has down. See your doctor straight away if your sickness is serious.
  • I am sorry you are going through this. I do not think you will experience secondary infertility, as this post says most women with endo get pregnant, while some might need the assistance of their doc and meds. Stay positive. All the best.