3rd Trimester
Options

Sudden movements

I’m 36 weeks pregnant and tonight my 3 year old son is sick. We all settled down in the house and fell asleep with suddenly I hear from my baby monitor my 3 year old crying hysterically and screaming. I woke up in a panic throwing myself out of bed and running through the house to him. It was a bad dream. I settle him down and he falls back to sleep and now I’m having cramps and the baby started making unfamiliar movements. Could I have hurt the baby with the sudden movement?

Re: Sudden movements

• Options
    I’m 36 weeks pregnant and tonight my 3 year old son is sick. We all settled down in the house and fell asleep with suddenly I hear from my baby monitor my 3 year old crying hysterically and screaming. I woke up in a panic throwing myself out of bed and running through the house to him. It was a bad dream. I settle him down and he falls back to sleep and now I’m having cramps and the baby started making unfamiliar movements. Could I have hurt the baby with the sudden movement?
    Um, hun, movement is not going to hurt baby unless you are tramatically fell, got hit by something, etc. You are close to the end of pregnancy, baby has less and less room to move.  Soon baby's head will probably engage and movements become "different" in my experience, lower and not as strong, more of a rolling feeling as there is not much space anymore. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    nicademus20nicademus20 member
    edited April 2022
    I do recommend calling your doc though too because when my friend was 7 months the baby was in particular active and kicking after she and her husband had sex, and she had to be induced. The placenta had torn away a bit. There may not always be any blood to indicate that and she knew something wasn't right because of the sudden increase and different movements, as well as having bad new pains.
    If the baby's movements haven't settled down, always best to check. For the most part, nothing to worry about. But if in doubt, call and see if you should come in.