December 2022 Moms
Options

Planning travel while pregnant

I have a few trips that we planned before we found out I was pregnant. Will it be safe for me to travel at 11/12 weeks? We would be flying to Miami about 2.5 hour flight. Would love to hear anyones experience traveling while pregnant! Especially since we won’t really be telling anyone until around that time.

Re: Planning travel while pregnant

• Options
    You can safely fly well into your third trimester! Enjoy your travels!
  • Options
    I’ll be going to Vegas 11/12 weeks. I’m concerned about being harassed about wearing a mask on the flight. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jcapor21 I don’t blame you for your concern, this change of masking on planes, or rather the enforcement of wearing masks on planes, may be tough on those of us trying to remain cautious. I’m a tattoo artist and I’ve still been asking my clients to be masked with me while we work because I don’t feel comfortable sitting together unmasked, and I will continue to do so because instead of down the Covid numbers in my area are creeping slowly upwards or holding at an uncomfortable level. My husband and I  had talked about taking a trip as a family but that news determined that if we can’t drive there, we probably won’t be going any time soon. You should do what makes you feel safe and comfortable, I will never understand what makes people so angry about someone choosing to be careful or considerate of others
  • Options
    Totally safe to travel/fly! Not sure where you’ll be coming from, but just be sure to stay hydrated -  the heat and humidity in Miami is no joke