Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Late Term Termination After Dandy Walker Diagnosis/similar experience?

Hi, I decided to move forward with having a child on my own right before I turned 40 in the pandemic. After multiple rounds of IVF/transfers and an ectopic, I was finally pregnant in December of 2021. At my eighteen week scan, a rare brain malformation was detected called Dandy Walker Syndrome-this was not chromosomally related (it was a PGA tested embryo/confirmed by amnio as well) and/or genetic related. For me, there was no choice to be made, I terminated the pregnancy. I intend to try again, but now I am 41 and am a tad scared as the weeks go by with no return of period. I am curious as to whether anyone has had a similar experience and any words of wisdom/encouragement much appreciated. Thank you.

Answers

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how hard this must be for you and what a difficult decision it must have been to terminate the pregnancy. I found your post after recently experiencing an early miscarriage at 10 weeks. 

I would encourage you to speak to your doctor and ask all the questions. Encouraging you to do all the good self-care things you can do for yourself. Pregnancy loss is such a stressful and emotional experience. Sending you lots of love, healing, comfort, and hope💖🦋
  • Options
    I had a MMC at only 10 weeks in october. My hcg did not return to 5 or less for 5 months. I finally had a period in Jan and that made the last jump down for me. Got pregnant in March with a chemical and I'm 6 weeks with our 3rd try now. I'm so sorry for your loss, I can't imagine but as someone who's knocking on 40s door, I feel your urgency and need.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you all.