December 2022 Moms
Options

Aversions/ cravings yet?

Suddenly meat is so gross to me. I can’t even watch cooking videos if they have meat in them 🤢 I seem to be craving salty things though. When I was pregnant with my daughter I couldn’t do bacon, eggs or popcorn.  After 2 MCs I’m excited about any and every symptom I get. 

Re: Aversions/ cravings yet?

• Options
    No aversion or cravings yet. Though now I've jinxed myself and will wake up tomorrow averse to everything. 😅

With my first I found out I was pregnant in May and celebrated my dad's 50th birthday in San Francisco in June and had all the crab sandwhiches and calamari.... woke up to my first of many days of round the clock morning sickness the next day.
  • Options
    I had a huge craving for my favorite take out chicken tenders and I finally got them and they were not at all the way I remembered them to be. I forced myself to eat one of my four tenders and had the fries instead. Super disappointing. I may or may not have cried about it.. 

Right now I feel like I can't get enough of the goldfish crackers. I'm constantly eating them! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Since I’ve never been pregnant before, I can’t tell if it’s a real craving, but I’ve been dreaming about strawberry milkshakes.  I also catch myself thinking about them throughout the day.  I don’t think I’ve ever ordered a strawberry milkshake in my life…very random!😂. Can’t tell if I actually want to drink one yet.  To be continued….
  • Options
    This is my first and I’m noticing an aversion to sugar. Not like I’m grossed out by it but I don’t crave it. My favorite pastry sat here for two days. And this is going to sound so fake, but I made a salad with a vinaigrette my husband made and it was so amazingly good. I’m wondering if the vinegar is something I’m going to crave which I assume will lead to pickles 😆 oh and I craved Doritos today.
  • Options
    Me too! Really sweet things just aren't doing it for my right now. And I'm already adding a couple little pickles to my dinner every night. 

The other day I really couldn't stomach my eggs at breakfast... And with it being Easter time there was a bunch of content out there around eggs. Each time someone said eggs my tummy would flop. Oof. 
  • Options
    When my mom was pregnant with me, she always ate nacho cheese Doritos & im finding that to be one of my cravings now too! I’be been eating them with cottage cheese which is probably weird to some people lol.

I’m from the south so I’ve been craving crawfish & I actually cried the other day because my fiancé doesn’t like crawfish & I thought I wouldn’t be able to get any 😂
  • Options
    Omg me too!! Bacon is my favorite thing to eat pre pregnancy, my husband made me some the other day and I took a bite and almost lost it. I sat there and cried right into my bacon lol
  • Options
    Carbs carbs carbs ! All I want is pasta and bread 🤣
  • Options
    All I want to hot Cheetos! I don’t get it but that’s what’s working when I can eat. I literally throw up anything else and can’t get food past my lips. 
  • Options
    Pickles and cereal. Also, I got the strangest craving for marzipan a few days ago. Couldn’t find any, though. I was super bummed. 
    Me-33 DH-36.
    Married 11/10 TTC 11/10
    06/11- diagnosed with PCOS 
    7/11- D&C and benched for a year 
    9/12-4/13-6 rounds of 50 mg Clomid- no sucess 
    6/13- new doc
    7/13-4/14- 6 more rounds of Clomid. 50 mg and then stepped up to 100mg- no success 
    5/14-7/14- took break waiting for new insurance 
    7/14-new insurance= new doc- actually a RE!!!! 
    7/14-HSG and blood test good-PCOS confirmed by new doc 
    10/14 looking forward to 1st IUI w/ Menopur. Blood Test= Negative
    11/14- IUI #2
    w/ Menopur- Blood Test= Negative
    1/15- IUI # 3 w/
    Menopur- Blood Test= Negative
    2/15- Self Benched this cycle
    3/15/15-Suprise BFP on natural cycle!!!! EDD-11/16/15

• Options
    I don’t have any cravings yet. I am also noticing that I’m not acting on my sweet tooth as much!  I have noticed that sometimes when I eat “just the right thing” for whatever I was I the mood for it tastes way better then I remember.  It first happens with some salted almonds, then it’s happened with fruit and even fish tacos. Yum yum yum I hope it stays this way and no aversions ha! 
  • Options
    @msd15 my meat aversion was horrible with my first 2 pregnancies. We actually didn't cook at home until 6 months with my first because everytime we tried the smell made me so sick! I could eat it if I didn't see it prior to cooking, or smell it while it was cooking. 

@jelliebeen27 with my first the sweets isle made me want to hurl. I'm not even 4 weeks and sweets already aren't looking appetizing.
  • Options
    I had a huge craving for my favorite take out chicken tenders and I finally got them and they were not at all the way I remembered them to be. I forced myself to eat one of my four tenders and had the fries instead. Super disappointing. I may or may not have cried about it.. 

Right now I feel like I can't get enough of the goldfish crackers. I'm constantly eating them! 
    Omg me too, all other food is anywhere from boring to horrible for me, but I ate an entire bag of goldfish crackers in one sitting the other day....in lieu of lunch.

The only other thing I can stand eating is fruit right now. Everything else is disgusting.
  • Options
    I think I had a chemical pregnancy in Feb. My mouth tasted like metal and I couldn’t finished a Starbucks iced tea. I’ve had like 2 a day for years… 

I got pregnant the next go around, am 6 weeks and I def just devoured a Popeyes chicken sandwich for the spicy and pickle and then got home and ordered spicy pickles from the grocery store. 

Also occasionally really want something cold. 
  • Options
    Okay as of today, all I want to eat are pickles (so stereotypical I know). I literally ordered a single chicken tender and then a side order of a giant container of sliced pickles and I can't stop eating them. They taste amazing to me. Nothing else has tasted this good in days.
  • Options
    So far it's been wild cherry Pepsi and anything salty sweets make me instantly feel ill. Pickles are good but sweet little pickles not sour and toast have been go to's for me this far.
  • Options
    I keep having a moment of craving something and then when I think about actually eating I completely lose my appetite. So frustrating!
  • Options
    This thread reminded me of my mom's cravings. When she was pregnant with my brother she craved Pepsi and Doritos. She was normally a Coke person. My brother hates Coke even to this day and his favorite snack is Doritos. When she was pregnant with me she craved salt and vinegar chips and Coke. Those are my favorite. I'm very curious to see if anything like this happens for me. 
  • Options
    Food aversion is chicken 🤮 part of the reason I knew I was pregnant. I normally love chicken lol. My dad bbq’d some thighs and I about threw up. Got a chicken sandwich from McDonald’s and took two bites from it, threw a fit and then proceeded to DoorDash pasta 😂 so my craving so far has just been pasta. I could literally eat it for breakfast. 
  • Options
    No aversions yet but defiantly some cravings. I’ve been equally craving spicy and sweet food. And this other one is kinda peculiar but McDonald’s has a sauce that I newly discovered when I ordered chicken nuggets (hot picante sauce), it reminded me so much of like the lunchables nachos sauce and I’ve kinda been obsessed 🥲
  • Options
    All I really want right now is peanutbutter on rice cakes. 
  • Options
    I started noticing changes in my palate like last week I didn’t know I was pregnant at the time so I thought I was being crazy and bit a croissant and it tasted burnt and disgusting but it wasn’t burnt it was just more brown than they usually are so I asked my brother and he said no it taste buttery lol since then it’s been a rush of me eating things and being disgusted by the way it taste and I have morning sickness (all day sickness) already and I’m exhausted and down 15lbs 😩
  • Options
    Omg yes to the craving pasta! I usually love mushrooms but the thought of them right now is grossing me out.
  • Options
    The thought of any kind of fish or the smell of it makes me feel sea sick. Ha. And I usually love seafood. I’m mostly craving salty and spicy with a hint of sweet (umami). I’m constantly trying new things to fulfill my cravings and I am never 100% satisfied. My nausea comes in small waves all day long!
  • Options
    Back with my own update...all I want are Pickles or noodles. Anything else sounds meh.
  • Options
    Been devouring peanut butter captain crunch like no other…the weirdest thing 
  • Options
    I keep trying to eat things I know I love to see if SOMETHING will taste delicious, and nope..nothing. Everything I once loved ranges from "meh" to "blech get that away from me". I only eat a few bites and suffer down some veggies for the sake of getting some nourishment and then I can't eat anymore. I don't even know who I am anymore. I used to love food and now everything is gross. This seems very counterproductive and seems like an unideal situation for embryo development. Oversight by evolution, indeed.
  • Options
    My worst aversion is fish! The smell of it is completely intolerable and nauseating! Not too surprising though since I recently realized that I have some sort of fish intolerance lol

I also am averse to chicken which is so annoying because it’s basically the only meat I eat.

I’m craving eggs so badly too lol which is funny because I hear that usually that’s one that people are averse to! But I’ve always loved eggs, so 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    I’m not having aversions exactly, but I just don’t really want anything.  Nothing sounds or looks good to me.  I’m not disgusted, I’m just meh about literally everything.  And I’m someone who gets a lot of joy out food, like I work out 5+ days/week solely for the sake of being able to eat whatever I want, and now I just want . . . nothing.  And meanwhile my stomach growls constantly and I’m hangry af.  

Also, I wouldn’t call it a craving exactly but water is tasting very, very good to me right now, specifically cool water without ice, which brings me the same kind of joy that drinking 1% milk from Harris Teeter (again, very specific) brought me during my first pregnancy.  So I guess maybe it is a craving after all.  
  • Options
    Update for me-I had my first aversion to cooked broccoli last night. Could not force me to eat it if you paid me. Yuuuuuck.

I’ve been really into eating chicken and lots of carbs but no proper cravings yet. 
  • Options
    janinegbjaninegb member
    edited April 2022
    I think it is just mental but I have been craving Reese’s pieces, not like mental craving but me overthinking that I should have cravings and thinking that just cause i want something it is cravings
  • Options
    Cant drink coffee. The last two mornings I've started gagging after a couple sips. I'm really sad because that's what I look forward to with my 7am work starts! 
  • Options
    Salt and lemon. I want to put it on all my food! And I keep eating ginger soup oh and boiled eggs but I just want salt give me salt!
  • Options
    I cooked green beans the other night. They sounded delicious in my mind. As soon as I took a bite… I knew the consistency and squishiness was not working for me.  :D Luckily crunchy veggies seem to be good so far. 

Otherwise, I’m just surprised because with my first I wanted sweet sweet sweet. I have had a bar of chocolate and some icecream just sitting here for a few weeks and haven’t touched either. I don’t have an aversion to them, but I have no desire to eat them. With my nausea, small snacks and heavy on the dairy and carbs has been what I’ve mainly been eating. Cheese is life.  :D

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My first food aversion happened 2 days ago and it was eggs. I have always loved eggs but with this one I guess for a while it will be a no go. With my daughter I couldn't do any meat with a bone in it, made me sad because living in Texas ribs are a staple lol. With my son I didn't have any issues. So far the only craving I have had is ham sandwiches.
  • Options
    Aversions: Coffee started making me nauseous the other day. Used to love it and now I have no desire. Made an iced one with lots of oat milk and that tasted good to me. 

Cravings: fried chicken and Mac and cheese. I’m way more nauseous this week than I have been so far, and no foods were appealing to me today. And then I saw a box of Mac and cheese and knew I had to have it. I can’t get enough. I also bought a bag of frozen chicken tenders the other day and those have been extremely satisfying too
  • Options
    Ohh yes! I buy the skinless chicken tenders and throw them in my air fryer and it’s soooo good
  • Options
    I'm having a really hard time getting my protein in with aversion to chicken and fish atm. Maybe cooking with the air fryer will help. Red meat seems okay, specially burgers. I think I'm worrying too much about eating red meat more often than usual. I should just eat what I can eat. 
  • Options
    I had my first aversion, I went to my favorite Thai restaurant and ordered my usual pad Thai and as soon as I got a piece of shrimp near my nose/mouth I nearly gagged 
  • Options
    I normally do night shifts at my job and I wouldn't go a day without drinking a cup of coffee or two, pre pregnancy. I was worried I would suffer a lot from not being able to drink coffee during pregnancy, but surprisingly, even the smell of coffee makes me want to vomit and I haven't touched coffee in almost 4 weeks! I love cold drinks as it help with the nausea I have all day.