July 2022 Moms
Options

Baby Shower/Sprinkle Thread

Since we're getting close to the time of baby showers and sprinkles, let's share your theme or game ideas! Or any do's and dont's you can think of!
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: Baby Shower/Sprinkle Thread

• Options
    I have a 4 year old son, and still have a lot of his baby items. I do have a wish list of a few things I still need. My stepmom says another baby shower would be in bad taste. My older cousin says to do a sprinkle. Either way, I don't really have anyone to throw said shower/ sprinkle for me. Should I just say F it and give my wish list link to grandmas and aunts and call it a day? 
  • Options
    @stardustskies i have a 3.5 yr old and we have some things but some things we still need. I have private registries on amazon and target, mostly for completion discount, but have shared it with a few people that have asked for it.  no one in our family does a shower/sprinkle for 2nd kiddo and this is likely the last baby in the family so we aren't going to be changing any trends now!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’m a FTM. I’ve been browsing for things to put on a registry, but from all you STM+ mommas, what are MUST HAVES?

I know it’s inevitable we’ll get things we didn’t ask for or more than is needed, but just curious what you’ve found are absolute staples you got or wish you’d gotten with your first babies?
  • Options
    @jessie_95 If you are planning on formula feeding, I highly recommend the Baby Brezza formula pro. I got one on Marketplace for $80ish dollars and it was the best investment ever. Mixes the formula with water and dispenses into the bottle at the perfect temperature in seconds. 
  • Options
    @stardustskies ooo will add that to my list, thank you! I’m going to try to breastfeed but we’ll see how that goes, thank you for the recommendation!
  • Options
    I had a Harry Potter themed shower with DD, which was also her nursery theme. I can share pics if anyone was interested. I made it known to my mom and best friend when and what I wanted for my shower the first time around, but this time I wasn’t expecting anything, but they offered to throw me a sprinkle anyway! We are going to do it outside at a park in June (just in case stuff changes with COVID) and I don’t know what the theme is, although they know that DD2’s nursery is going to be rainbow/dinosaur themed. All I really need is nursery decor stuff and stuff that DD1 is still using. Not putting clothes on the registry because I know people will get clothes anyway and I prefer to pick out my kids’ clothes myself.
  • Options
    We've already had my sprinkle haha! I wanted to get it done early because I didn't want to be so huge and uncomfortable where I couldn't enjoy it and I also wanted to be sure I wasn't going to go into labor before it happened /  had time to get everything ready. I was a little hesitant to have a sprinkle because I don't want to see 'greedy' or whatever haha but my mom and best friend wanted me to have one. So we did a Donuts and Diapers theme. Donuts, desserts, fruit, coffee, etc. severed and after lunch time. We had sprinkle decorations and 'sprinkled with love' themed prizes and favors. We kept it very small, just immediate family and a couple of close friends. I still made a registry because I knew what I wanted/what worked for us last time and I'm not around a store(s) to make easy and quick exchanges. We did a diaper raffle and asked for 'just the basics' on the invite!

Things I added to the registry as a STM knowing that I used/needed/loved with my first:
    - One billion burp cloths. We used them for everything: their purpose, blankets, picnic on the floor situations, big napkins on laps (we still do that haha). 
    - Velcro swaddles. We really liked the ease of these the first time around.
    - Different size/nipple flow bottles. We didn't end BF for long last time so we knew we wanted bottles this time. I plan to try to pump but, like, feeding 2 babies at once is going to be insane.
    - Binkies. We liked them and used them.
    - Toiletries/health and safety stuff. Things like butt paste, Aquafor, bum spatulas, nail clippers, booger suckers. All that stuff. 
    - Storage baskets and caddies. 
    - Bibs. Many, many bibs. We had a drooler last time.
    - Crib sheets.
    - Toys and books.

Larger things we added to this registry that we used last time:
    - 2 mini cribs. N/A to all of you haha. But adding a crib you love is worthwhile. (don't forget to add the mattresses and mattress protectors)
    - Activity mat/play gym for tummy time.
    - We needed another bouncer seat.

Things we are buying on our own but most people add to their registry as a FTM:
    - New baby monitor
    - Stroller / car seats / bases
    - Glider
    - High chairs. We are opting for the ones that buckle onto chairs to save space.
    - Pack n play with twin bassinets
    - A shaded, portable, outdoor playpen. My SIL actually ended up getting this for us. Since we are having summer babies, I want a space place for them out of the sun because I am NOT staying inside all summer haha
  • Options
    @jellie603 can you link me to what you got for the outdoors playpen? Been thinking I need to add one of these too, since DD is definitely going to be outside all summer!
  • Options
    jellie603jellie603 member
    edited April 2022
    @creativesoul63 tbh, I did probably zero research on this and just dropped whatever was on BBB's website into my registry 😂. Slightly regretting it. This is the one we got 
    Baby Delight® Go With Me™ Eclipse Portable Playard in Teal/Grey | buybuy BABY

But I everyone raves about the California Beach Co. brand and they are on sale for an amazing price right now! I might return the one we got and get one from CBC!
    Pop N' Go™ Playpen | Pop Up Tent | California Beach Co. (thecaliforniabeachco.com)

UPDATE: I did just that haha! I ordered the California Beach Co. one and plan to return the one we got from the registry. These are regularly $280 and on sale for $150 plus there's a code for 15% off the site - TWINSROCK (irony haha). So I got this thing for $137 shipped!! Thank you for making me re-think my choices haha
  • Options
    @jellie603 and @creativesoul83 - We have the california beach co one and love it! I also just picked up a used fisher price on-the-go baby dome this morning from facebook for $25 that is much smaller and will be easier to grab for quick outings!
  • Options
    We are doing a tie dye party for the baby shower in a few weeks. We will have games, but also stuff for people to tie dye and decorate for the baby. The invite says to bring something to tie dye themselves, too. We will see how it goes 🤷‍♀️ I wouldn't do it again only because we are throwing it ourselves, and getting all the stuff has added up. I have no family here, so we are paying for all the decorations/food/tie dye and stuff all on our own. Also, people are horrendous about actually RSVPing. I've had this planned since January, and still probably 35 people haven't told us if they are coming yet
  • Options
    oli9oli9 member
    @flikyerbik I LOVE the theme! I’m a total hippie so it’s such a cool theme to me! 

My brother and SIL just recently threw their own baby shower as well and they got to see just how expensive it is to throw a party. They also thought it was a good idea to invite 100 people like a wedding and they had to have food catered for 100 people and a space big enough. It ended up costing them about $4000 for the shower. 😂 Luckiky they got a lot of gifts and double gifts because their registry on Babylist was a total fluke, but I still think they could have bought all the stuff they needed for $4000 themselves. 
  • Options
    @oli9 omg $4000 for a baby shower is absurd!! 😮 Maybe on second thought I should be grateful that my MIL is throwing us our baby shower (even though it will be more traditional than I want)! Though we are inviting 25 people, lol. We did go with Babylist cause my husband preferred being able to put options from different places on there, but I am a little worried about the double gifts! 
  • Options
    oli9oli9 member
    @zinnia19 yeah the event space alone for 100 guests was about $1000 +/- and the catered food was another $1000 +/- throw in decorations (my SIL wanted a balloon arch) professional flower arrangements for every table, an extravagant cake, linen rentals, beer, wine, ice etc etc. it was insane. And then at the end they had so many double gifts that were big gifts, they had to rent a uhaul for $300 +/- to get everything back home 4 hours away. Lol. I threw my best friend both her showers and the first one was about $2000 and the second one was $2500. These parties are crazy!