June 2022 Moms

April Randoms

Re: April Randoms

• I refuse to believe it’s April.
  • Loading the player...
  • @KFrob Exciting!

I got mine scheduled as well, but because of high blood pressure.  

I had a c-section last time and wanted to try a VBAC, so had to sign consent forms with the understanding that it could be another c-section.

I checked the patient portal and they had instructions for a c-section at 7:30am on the induction day.

I am going to talk to my doctor next appt because how can I get induced and try for a VBAC if they scheduled a c-section first thing in the morning.
  • KFrobKFrob member
    edited April 2022
    @romeoandjuliet146 yeah, that doesn’t seem right.  Mine is so I don’t have a car (or bathroom, or front lawn) baby.  Haha. I’m so glad she suggested it. I was giving myself panic attacks thinking about it.

edit to add: maybe they just want you preparing the same way just in case? 
  • I'm pretty sure this kid will come early like his sister. I myself was born at 28 weeks, so I'm entering "Any minute now" mode 10 weeks early. 
  • @KFrob my doctor mentioned a planned induction at 39 weeks because I live 2 hours away and this is baby #2. But I think I’m just going to take my chances on my roadside baby because I want to avoid pitocin at all costs this time around. She said we could do membrane sweeps and the balloon catheter first to try and get it started without drugs, but I’m still hesitant. 
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @marionberry19 oh no, did you have a bad experience with your first? My second my whole labor was 5 hours start to finish. By the time we got to hospital and settled in w the epi it was time to push. I’m always GBS positive so they were less than thrilled that I wasn’t on the antibiotics for 4 hours and made us stay in the hospital an extra day.  The 3rd I was have contractions for like 3 weeks and walking around 5cm dilated.  They let me go a week past my due date, did an u/s and I had excess amniotic fluid so they induced me.  I had DD3 three hours after they started the pitocin. She descended so fast she was all bruised.  So the GBS on top of the speed, and navigating the three other kids they didn’t have to do much to talk me into it! I’m hoping my body is already ready to go and it’s quick again. 
  • @KFrob I went over 41 weeks with my son so I was induced and the induction process was a nightmare. It very well could have been because of the horrible hospital I was in but they had the pitocin so high my contractions were too strong and too close together(when I was only dilated to a 4) that my sons heart rate couldn’t recover and they threatened a csection before they had the smarts to turn off the pitocin. 
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @marionberry19 sorry you had to go through that. That sounds awful and scary. 
  • @KFrob the incompetence in that hospital was astounding and luckily they closed their OB because it wasn’t getting any better. So I’m sure even if I get induced this time it won’t be like before. However, now the hospital I’m going to deliver at with amazing “reviews” and an OB that I think is absolutely incredible, is 2 hours away hahaha. 
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @marionberry19 I can’t believe that you’ve been dealing with your doctor so far this whole time. I saw an article recently about OB/maternity “deserts” that are cropping up all over the country. 
  • Not pregnancy related, but my beloved Jayhawks just won the national championship!!!
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @binxybaby congrats! I’m a UConn fan by default since that’s where DH went. In reality I pay no attention lol. 

Work is a complete S show right now. I’m so overwhelmed I don’t know where to begin.  And I’m so distracted. All I want to do is clean and organize baby stuff.  
  • KFrobKFrob member
    Ugh! Just realized in the last 24 hours that we got rid of our baby swing since we were totally done having kids….  Suggestions on mid priced options that don’t take up half the living room? 
  • @binxybaby My Buckeyes did about as well as they normally do and now we all wait for football season lol

@KFrob Sorry work is a train wreck. I can barely get myself to focus once my meetings stop and I have time to work on projects. We’re attempting to get away with no swing, but a bunch of people recommended the babybjorn bouncer to us. We didn’t add it to our registry because I can only imagine how excited our dogs will be by a baby at snout level…
  • Wednesday confession time 🥴 with my son I had a 3D ultrasound done and it was so fun to see what he looked like (31 weeks). I planned to do that with this baby too. However, as we get closer I want to do it less and less and my reasoning is garbage. Soooo my son looks just like me. He just had slightly chubbier cheeks and dimples. I’m worried that if we do this I’m going to see she also isn’t a mini me and be disappointed 😂
  • @marionberry19 This made me laugh lol. I’m sure she’ll be just as amazing as her mama!

Someone told me coffee leads to ADHD for [scientific reasons I didn’t follow] and I just don’t have it in me to try and function without coffee. I kept it to one cup most days in second trimester but the fatigue and insomnia have hit HARD lately and I’m dying. But realistically this kid is predisposed to all manner of mental health things so 🤷‍♀️ 
  • @pinkkillersheep my mom was in bed rest with strict no caffeine orders and my brother has the worst case of ADHD I’ve ever seen lol. 

Also, regarding my potential no mini me, I know I won’t care if she’s not another mini me once she’s here. But I love that my son grabs a baby/toddler photo of me and asks if it’s him or me because even he can’t see the difference and I want that again 😂😂
  • KFrobKFrob member
    edited April 2022
    @marionberry19 I remember being in tears with my second worrying that she wouldn’t be as cute as her older sister.  

@pinkkillersheep I drink enough coffee that DD1 made a comment yesterday about how much the baby likes coffee.   :s  Ive been worried about new studies saying Tylenol causes ADHD. I keep telling myself that people do much worse things when pregnant and have healthy babies. 

Edit to add @pinkkillersheep I thought of you this morning while feeling like this kid is all elbows, knees, and butt suddenly.  There’s stuff poking me all the time. 
  • FWIW I found studies showing there’s a link and studies showing there isn’t, as is typical with these things. My general plan is to put this kid in therapy at like age five. Addiction and *tw*suicide*tw* are in DH’s family; depression, anxiety, adhd, and questionable relationships with alcohol run in my family. So just lots of therapy for everyone.
  • @KFrob Team Huskies here as well!
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @pinkkillersheep we have similar issues on both sides also.  I know poor DD2 has inherited some.  She gets really anxious and has compulsive tendencies.  She bites her nails and cheeks, and twists and pulls her hair which she sees an OT for. 
  • I've been having a few Braxton Hicks a day for a while (assuming that's what they are - a tightening of my belly that isn't painful but a little uncomfortable, only lasts a moment or two).  But last night I felt like my stomach got hard and just stayed hard. I tried to breathe and drank a lot of water and finally laid down and I think it lessened a little.  I feel like my belly has shrunk or my baby all of a sudden got a lot bigger.  And this morning, it tenses up if I'm doing ANYTHING, it's only relaxed if I'm sitting or lying down.  Should I be concerned?  I keep feeling baby girl move around so I haven't panicked, but I was wondering if anyone else had experienced anything like this?
  • @shoarmie99 This is just my experience, so take it for what you will - I had a similar experience in early and mid second trimester. It improved when I started drinking a minimum of 80 fl oz of water a day. I dropped down to like 60-65 fl oz per day for a week and it came back. Got my water back up to 80 fl oz and it was better.
  • I think I’m getting the “mask of pregnancy” thingy. Or I need to invest in sunscreen. Probably both. 
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @fluteling try some vitamin c serum, it’s one of few things we can use. 

I feel like I’m starting to get first trimester exhausted again. I have too much to do to be tired. 
  • Here’s my random… #whyIcriedtoday

I had a very important interview for a promotion today. In the middle of the interview, unexpectedly I started crying. Couldn’t control the tears crying. All because of hormones. 

So now, you’ll find me hiding under a box. 
  • @lilybubbles Sorry that happened. Hope you are feeling better now
  • Since the Servant tv show season ended on Apple TV, I started watching Severance. It has been pretty good so far if you like psychological thrillers. 
  • @KFrob same with the exhaustion. I get nothing done at night. Once the boys are in bed I go to bed too. The evening nausea returning lately, back pain, and Braxton hicks hasn’t helped at all. I just want to let down because that’s the only thing that feels good. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • It’s 10:49 at night, I need to write this post for a launch tomorrow and all I want is a cold cut sandwich so bad I could cry. 
  • KFrobKFrob member
    I thought of something this weekend that everyone absolutely needs to do/buy to get ready for baby and I was going to post it. I didn’t. And now it’s gone out of my brain forever. 
  • @KFrob During a work meeting on Friday I was asking someone several questions about maintenance work they had planned for the weekend and in the middle of it stopped, said “I know I had another question but I lost it. Come back to me in three hours when I remember it,” and just went on with the meeting. I hate pregnancy brain >.<
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @pinkkillersheep this pregnancy it’s been the worst. I feel like a complete waste of space with work.  I just can’t focus and don’t have mental capacity. 
  • I just got the phone call saying my C-section is scheduled and I am having FEELINGS. 
  • @fluteling for what date???
  • KFrobKFrob member
    So I’m a disaster today. I’m a moody, grumpy, crying mess. For no reason. It’s beautiful outside, I’m healthy, stuff is good. What is wrong with me. I hate you hormones. 
  • @KFrob These third trimester hormones are no joke.  I've found myself feeling really down and emotional for no reason lately - almost like existential dread, like nothing matters.  Or sometimes in the middle of the night it's like I'm pumped full of a bunch of adrenaline.  I feel all over the place.  Be easy with yourself.  It's okay.  Just do what makes you feel better if you can - stretches or a little meditation or just crying in the shower or eating peanut butter cups (are those just my go-tos?)
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @shoarmie99 a good shower cry and peanut butter cups sound amazing! 
  • @shoarmie99 for June 13th, so I’ll be 39+1. It’ll also be a full moon, so werewolf baby 🤣