Baby Names

In need of girl name help

Hi all! British couple living in the US with a surname that sounds close to Audrey, if it helps.

We would like to bring two or three candidates to the hospital to see what fits baby best, but for that to happen we need said candidates first. We've been going back and forth on names for ages, trying a few on for size but we always seem to change our minds after a few days and end up back on square one.

SO: unbothered by popularity, likes tried and tested names and names that seem to be more consonant-heavy, dislikes longer and more vowel-heavy names. Likes Charlotte, Zoe, Eleanor, Katherine, Vivian. Dislikes Arabella, Ophelia, Aurora, Amelia, Annabelle.

Me: prefer shorter and more uncommon names, think mythology names are cool. Of two minds about names ending in an -ee sound because of surname. Like Verena, Juno, Clover, Vesta, Ariadne, Elara, Phaedra. Dislike Daphne, Juniper, Olive, Penelope, Wren, Willa, Maxine.

Neither of us likes the idea of naming baby something we won't call her just for the sake of formality, e.g. registering her as Evelyn when we plan to call her Evie; we would just go with Evie in that case. Not particularly keen on unisex names either.

Our 'maybes': Cleo, May, Athena, Miriam, Gaia, Iris, Imogen

Like but can't use: June, Diana, Claudia

Any input and suggestions you might have would be very much appreciated, thank you!

Re: In need of girl name help

• Sorry, that's a lit here are some ideas (didn't really read through all the 'rules' you have).

Aurora
    Luna 
    Ophilia 
    Celest
    Daphne
    Audra 
    Thea
    Cora

• From your maybes I like Cleo, May, and Iris best. Suggesting

Fiona
    Freya
    Cora 
    Leona
    Lenora
    Ruth
    Annabelle
    Cordelia
    Natalie

• Loading the player...
  • I like Athena, Iris, and Imogene from your list. 
  • Jane
    Sage
    Ivy
    Cora
    Mara
    Clara
    Vera
    Grace
  • I really like Eleanor from your list.
    Maeve (checks mythology and no nickname/other called name from your list). Eloise (too vowel heavy?!)?
  • bb_hbb_h Newbie
    If he likes Eleanor and you like something short ending in a long “e”, what about Ellie? Ellie Audrey has a ring to it. Although you aren’t fond of a nickname, I can almost guarantee if she is formally Eleanor you will find yourself at times calling her “Ellie” in fun moments of cuteness.
  • bb_hbb_h Newbie
    Ellie-May is cute too