Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 3.28

*This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Previous pregnancy experiences may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for?

Month/Cycle?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

Rant/Rave?

GTKY: Do you do Easter eggs with your kids? If so, what do you fill them with?

Re: TFAS w/o 3.28

• What number are you trying for? #4

Month/Cycle? 2/2, does this count since I can't actually try because IVF

WTO/TWW? NA

Ages of other child(ren)? 9, 7, 4

Any thoughts about this cycle? WHERE IS MY BLOOD. 

Any questions? No

Rant/Rave?  I just want all of my blood work back.  I get why my RE won't see me until its all back but if the issue is fully in my blood clotting issues I hate waiting for chromosomes and things.  I am just super impatient and irritated about everything that has gone on that is probably part of having funny blood.  We all know its not cool when the RE's nurse questions how you managed to have living children at all. I am so happy I have my kids, they are amazing, their pregnancies were rough, especially my girls because of complications. It's just odd to maybe have had an answer as to why this happens to me and not had a doctor treat me like a crazy person when I ended up with preeclampsia in 2017. 

GTKY: Do you do Easter eggs with your kids? If so, what do you fill them with?  We do, mostly candy and if the weather is nice they go in the yard if not they go in the house.
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    January 2012 - BFP - DS Born 10/21/2012
    May 2013 - BFP - Twins MMC @ 13 weeks D&C
    Oct 2013 -  BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Dec 2013 -  BFP  DD Born 8/16/14 - Cholestasis at 36+5
    Nov 2016 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Dec 2016 - BFP  DD Born 6/19/17 @ 28+4 Severe Pre-E, IUGR, Cholestasis 
    Nov 2017 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Jan 2017 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Jan 2019 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    Feb 2022 - TTC #4 with IVF - RPL testing
    Protein C and S Deficiency - Blood Thinners for Treatment - Maybe we don't know!
    June 2022 - IVF - 2 embryos - 1 transfered 6/22/22 - Transfer Failed
    July 2022 - FET

• What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 3/3

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 2.5 yrs old

Any thoughts about this cycle? Hoping it works! 

Any questions? Probably will remember them when I hit "post reply"

Rant/Rave? I want my cold to go away! And rave: my DS has done excellent with potty training!!

GTKY: Do you do Easter eggs with your kids? If so, what do you fill them with? Yes! Mostly candy. My sister takes great joy in party planning and stuff like that so she always has the best fillers for her kids and my son.
    FTM
    July 4th
  • Loading the player...
  • @mambo5-2 i would also be so antsy to get even partial answers!! how long ago did you do the blood draw? like 2 weeks? so 2 more prob from chromosomes?

@firecracker_mama sorry i've been a little MIA on tfas/dailies, did you guys just do potty training? we are on week 3 for my daughter.

What number are you trying for? #2

Month/Cycle? 15/i no longer know

WTO/TWW? WTO 

Ages of other child(ren)? 2 and a few mos

Any thoughts about this cycle? just trying to let my body level out for a month

Any questions? natm

Rant/Rave? just having some emotions on the reality that this week 3 years ago is when i found out i was pregnant, and thinking how i imagined having babies 2 years apart, and that ship has sailed. and it'll be fine, just need to process some of my own emotions around these arbitrary timelines i created for myself.

GTKY: Do you do Easter eggs with your kids? If so, what do you fill them with? we did last year, we got her the set that are matching for colors and shapes. she still plays with them. not sure what we will do this year. 

• @mambo5-2 sorry for the blood work frustration! I can only imagine how frustrating that could be. 

@firecracker_mama ahhhh I’m so jealous of potty training! I keep waiting for DS to show readiness… I’m over diapers for him! I’d take newborn diapers over this toddler ick. 

@anniemarie887 I hate when you have a timeline in your head and it doesn’t work out because your body won’t do it. I’m sorry! 

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 3/3

WTO/TWW? TWW I guess 🤷🏼‍♀️ My body sucks this cycle

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? It’s kind of a lost cause. FF has changed my crosshairs 4 times, and of course I thought it was an an-O cycle so I stopped OPK and CM checks, so I have no clue. 

Any questions? Not currently

Rant/Rave? DS’s birthday party was a week ago, hence why I disappeared for a bit! I had to take all of my free time to work on birthday party things  I’m the mom that loves to bake, so I made the cake and cupcakes. It was perfectly Mickey and he loved all of it! In other news, they were pouring the foundation for our house today! I can’t wait to go by after work! 👏👏👏

GTKY: Do you do Easter eggs with your kids? If so, what do you fill them with? I bought premade eggs this year at five below. Having his birthday so close to Easter can be rough! Lol 
  • @mambo5-2 I hope you get some answers soon and that it can be helpful to your future pregnancy!

@firecracker_mama glad to hear potty training is going well! We're still having pee accidents on the regular.

@anniemarie88 I totally know how you feel. Two years ago last week is when we found out we were pregnant with our #2. Thinking back to how naive we were that being pregnant always lead to healthy living children.

What number are you trying for? 2nd living

Month/Cycle? 14/3 AL if you count my 2 anovulatory cycles.

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 3.75 years

Any thoughts about this cycle? Hoping I actually ovulate this cycle after 2 crappy ones. Hoping my body is figuring itself back out after our MC in Jan.

Any questions? natm

Rant/Rave? DD had her follow up after her tonsillectomy this morning and everything is great! She slept in our bed 2 nights ago and it was such a relief to finally hear her peacefully breathing with no snoring or struggling. I'm so happy it's all behind us.

GTKY: Do you do Easter eggs with your kids? If so, what do you fill them with? oh yes! We dye real eggs, and fill plastic eggs with candy. In years past we also did goldfish and fruits nacks, but not sure we can get away with that this year. Maybe we'll throw in some coins this year as she's liking filling up her piggy bank.
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
    edited March 2022
    @ejoseph16 i really empathize with the wtf is my body doing feeling. also, i'd say rip the bandaid off. we did the oh crap method for potty training and it wasn't bad at all!
    @bearmomma1 big hug, and i also hope your body is sorting itself out.

• @bearmomma1 Did your DD have a tongue or lip tie evaluated or revised!? I just got my 15month olds tongue and lip tie revised and the doctor said its like a leading cause of enlarged tonsils and adenoids and its only been since last Thursday but my LO has stopped snoring and mouth breathing all together! I am hoping we can avoid the need for a tonsillectomy at 24months now! (15months was late to get the ties snipped but i would rather that then a GA and surgery if i get to choose lol ) Glad your DD is recovering well though!!!
  • @firecracker_mama yay for potty training success! did you use a specific method or? 

@anniemarie887 i sympathize with feeling like your mental "plan" of how your kids ages would be spaced out. I always wanted irish twins and like four kids before i realized i even had fertility problems! now we will just be happy to be able to give our son a sibling at some point. 

@ejoseph16 did you Bd frequently enough this month that maybe you didnt miss o tho!?

• @anniemarie887 @bearmomma1 @ejoseph16 I should say it did not come overnight. He has been using the potty and wearing diapers at daycare for 6+ months. We are all home with the CV in January, I attempted to go cold turkey into underwear at that time because he really wasn't exhibiting signs that he was sick but it just didn't click. I had also tried sometime in the fall but I think it was just too early. So finally this time we went cold turkey after I took him to Target and we picked out some underwear that he liked. We still have poop accidents and he usually wakes up dry. But last night was the first night going to bed in underwear only and he woke up wet and was pretty upset with himself. We don't get upset with him when he has accidents but he got upset with himself. So it sounds like I lucked out but really I just lucked out this attempt.
    FTM
    July 4th

Month/Cycle? 15 (technically cycle #2 i guess) 

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 15mo

Any thoughts about this cycle? weary and optimistic 

Any questions? nah 

Rant/Rave? DS got his tongue and lip tie revised and its been AMAZING, he slept though the night for the first time in his life, stopped mouth breathing and snoring, posture has improved and he is annunciating things wayyy better! This needed to be done when he was born but was not due to everything being shut down for covid, then i couldn't find a provider that would do it until age 2 under a provider until finally a pediatric dentist took us on and has been so amazing to work with!

GTKY: Do you do Easter eggs with your kids? If so, what do you fill them with?
    - Holidays stress me out so much tbh i dont typically enjoy doing things on them because the grandparents are so outrageous lol 
  • @firecracker_mama that still sounds great! my daughter goes to a montessori and they had 5 kiddos all tunring 2 between dec/jan so they started casually potty training back in sept! we meant to rip the bandaid off in jan, but had HFMD the weekend i intended to. it got to the point where she was taking her clothes and diaper off so much, we just went cold turkey over a 2 day weekend. pee was so easy, a few poop accidents the first 2 weeks... but then it clicked. we are still diapers for nighttime, she is in a crib and i have no desire to get up motn to have her pee. i will let that naturally consolidate on it's own over the next few months which is what most of my girlfriends with kids have done. 
  • @tryingktogku unfortunately, no. My O was right around DS’s birthday and we were both so tired that it didn’t happen. And the day after O we finally got back into it. So maaaayyyybe if we were really lucky. Lol 😂 hopeful thinking. 
  • @anniemarie887 yup it's been 2 weeks and very likely 2 more weeks and bleh

Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    January 2012 - BFP - DS Born 10/21/2012
    May 2013 - BFP - Twins MMC @ 13 weeks D&C
    Oct 2013 -  BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Dec 2013 -  BFP  DD Born 8/16/14 - Cholestasis at 36+5
    Nov 2016 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Dec 2016 - BFP  DD Born 6/19/17 @ 28+4 Severe Pre-E, IUGR, Cholestasis 
    Nov 2017 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Jan 2017 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Jan 2019 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    Feb 2022 - TTC #4 with IVF - RPL testing
    Protein C and S Deficiency - Blood Thinners for Treatment - Maybe we don't know!
    June 2022 - IVF - 2 embryos - 1 transfered 6/22/22 - Transfer Failed
    July 2022 - FET

• @tryingktogku no method that I'm aware of although I'm sure someone came up with it and I'm unaware. The 2 and 3 day methods gave me anxiety so I pushed DS out of his comfort zone a few times to see where we were at but listened to his cues and responses to see if he was ready
    FTM
    July 4th
  • @tryingktogku no lip/tongue revision; her tonsils were massive and never shrunk back after a previous illness. It caused her to snore so much, to be slightly apneatic when she slept, among other issues even when she was totally healthy. GA and surgery was very scary, but I’m so glad we did it because it has helped her immensely! 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @bearmomma1 well i am SO glad that it worked and she is doing well! I just had no idea ties were related to tonsils!  

Month/Cycle? 1/1

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Been so sick haven’t been temping sleep totally winging it. 

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? I just want to feel better. I had a headache literally the entirety of last week and now I have an awful upper respiratory infection. Thankfully it’s not covid.  

GTKY: Do you do Easter eggs with your kids? If so, what do you fill them with? I have been getting the premade marvel superhero eggs for my son for years. He loves the disgusting candy inside hah! This yea I couldn’t find them so I got fillable ones and will fill them with candy and a few dollars. However, after I got them, I found the superhero ones! So he will have double this year. I usually only hide them in the yard Easter morning but this year I’ll do some in the house too. 

@anniemarie887 I’m sorry your timeline isn’t working out as expected. No matter when it happens, if you welcome another little one into your family, just think, if it were timed different it wouldn’t be them. 

TW- loss 

@bearmomma1 naive is the perfect word. My pregnancy with my son was textbook. We got pregnant unexpectedly last year and had a MMC. You never think it’ll happen to you until it does. This time around I fear I will be much more anxious when/if it does happen. 
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

Month/Cycle? 1/1 

WTO/TWW? Ovulating todaaaaayyyy! 🎉🎉

Ages of other child(ren)? 5.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? I feel cautiously optimistic. Our sex timing has been great and I just feel good. I suck at temping so that’s where I dropped the ball (my sleep schedule is garrrrrbage). For being my first cycle post IUD I am just glad everything seems to have done what it needed to do so far. 

Any questions? What’s the earliest you guys test? 

Rant/Rave? Rant - I’ve been working on cleaning out my spare/storage room to convert into a nursery because I know when I get pregnant I will be overwhelmed by how much crap was in there. I’m trying to get rid of a bunch of stuff and a friend of mine wants a lot of it so it’s all sitting in my living room because she was supposed to pick it up a week ago and has then changed the plan like three times. Rave - it’s late start at my sons school today and he’s still sleeping, which means I can do yoga and drink my coffee and maybe even do a little reading…or go back to sleep…tempting haha

GTKY: Do you do Easter eggs with your kids? If so, what do you fill them with? When he was littler I would do mini marshmallows, the last year or two it’s a combination of some with candy and some with money (quarters, maybe a couple dollars). For the rest of the basket I usually go with bubbles, chalk, stuff for outside/spring. This year I might add sunglasses, sandals, etc.

• @mambo5-2 Hopefully when you get answers it will lead to a much smoother pregnancy this time!

@firecracker_mama Yay for good potty training! I also have a cold and they are the worst.

@anniemarie887 Ugh, I hate when our personal timelines do not line up with how life actually works out. Hugs, lady. Let yourself feel sad and know that we’re here for you.

@ejoseph16 I love all the things to celebrate with you this week! Happy foundation pouring and DS birthday!

@bearmomma1 So glad to hear your DD is doing better after the surgery. Such a relief for you all I’m sure!

@tryingktogku Yay for better sleep for DS! Our grandparents are also outrageous. There will probably be 3 egg hunts, haha.

@ReadyForaB Ugh, sorry you aren’t feeling well. I love that you have a tradition with the type of Easter eggs you use!

@mamafox14 I don’t temp, but I do use OPKs. I think as long as you are fairly consistent (always dangerous to say, I know) you can get a pretty good picture of what is going on without temping. Good for you for cleaning out the room, but that is super annoying about your friend flaking on you.

Month/Cycle? 7/7 AL

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 4.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Timing was okay, but hard to muster up any positivity these days. 

Any questions? Not today

Rant/Rave? I am sick again. Just with a cold, but I feel like I have been sick the past three months during the TWW. Super annoying and makes me paranoid that it is/has been affecting TTC. I'm probably being irrationally paranoid, but you know, always fun to try to assign blame for why a cycle didn't work. 

GTKY: Do you do Easter eggs with your kids? If so, what do you fill them with? DD apparently remembers that I filled them with reeces bunnies last year and has already mentioned that she's expecting the same thing again.  :D Apparently we're to the age where she is going to remember everything and keep me on my toes! 
  • What number are you trying for? Tres

Month/Cycle? 3/3

WTO/TWW? TWW? I think?

Ages of other child(ren)? 6(!), 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? Feeling like a botched cycle now. Weird temps, no LH surge and probably off timing. Meh.

Any questions? For those of you using FF, do you report your LH surge in your dailies? It completely changed my crosshairs yesterday and then I removed it, because I figured with my PCOS it would be inaccurate data anyways. 

Rant/Rave? DS's birthday was a success! But OH MY GOD am I tired. 

Funny story (now that it's over), an hour before the party my gf texted me saying that her kids were excited to go swimming. I texted her back with a huh??!?, wondering wtf she meant. Then I realized - the party theme DS chose was turtles/under the sea, the invite said "swim on over to party with us", and because every kids play area here is named almost exactly the same, she assumed we meant the party would be at the splash place. The party was indeed NOT at the splash place, and I confirmed the invite was correct. Panic ensues, I'm texting all the people who had the courtesy to RSVP, and pretty much 90% of them had the same assumption, which was that for whatever reason, *I* had made a mistake and wrote down the wrong name. I get the confusion, but it was a printed invitation, the odds of me specifying the wrong location for a party I'm throwing are pretty slim IMO. I was spiraling for hours after because there were a lot of people who didn't confirm, I had to call the other party place in case people went there instead, I was a hot mess. I have my gf to thank for saving the party lol.

GTKY: Do you do Easter eggs with your kids? If so, what do you fill them with? Yes - I like to do jelly beans, m&ms, dollars, and squishies (you can buy them on amazon).
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @ejoseph16 OMG too funny, our little guys have similar birthdays!! So glad yours went well!! 

@bearmomma1 Oooh goldfish is a good idea for eggs, I'm gonna steal that one!

@anniemarie887 We also did the oh crap! method and it was great. Highly recommend. The part about drinking wine while doing it had me rolling lol.

@mamafox14 Wooohoooo FX for you and your good sexy timing!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers