October 2022 Moms

Weekly Randoms 3/28

What’s going on this week?

Re: Weekly Randoms 3/28

• Got some difficult news Friday. My mum had abnormal results in her mammogram and follow-up breast ultrasound where they found calcification. She's going to do a biopsy, and we're waiting to find out when (hopefully soon).

She's had and fought breast cancer before,  a good 18 years ago, and we lost our Dad to cancer almost 7 years ago when my sister was pregnant, as well as his mum to cancer a year later. We also recently lost Mum's cousin to cancer. With that history it's really hard not to assume the worst from the results and, even though she's beaten it before, to not assume the negative outcome this could lead to. We have a challenging but still loving relationship and I'm struggling with anxiety over it (hence the YouTube spirals late at night recently)

Also found this out just a couple hours after my ultrasound that I'd been waiting for to help ease my dissociation from this pregnancy. Rough timing.
  • @krthouse
    I'm so sorry to hear this - I've been supporting my mother through cancer (throat) for the past several years and it is so challenging both logistically and emotionally.  It has added so much extra stress for the entire family, it is hard not to constantly worry.

Hoping you can find good ways to take care of yourself (and baby) at this time.
  • Loading the player...
  • @krthouse oh no, I’m so sorry. That’s so scary. I hope they are able to move forward with the biopsy soon and that it’s the best case scenario. Please keep us updated, I’ll be thinking about you!
  • @krthouse sending you positive thoughts and hope your family gets good news. 
  • I’m at a clients office today and when I got back from lunch someone stopped me before I got on the elevator and said that they keep losing power and the elevator gets stuck so I should take the stairs. 4 floors later and I’m having a rough time catching my breath 😅 maybe I should have chanced it haha