October 2022 Moms
Options

Flame-Free Friday Confessions (FFFC) 3/25

Here’s where we confess our sins!

Re: Flame-Free Friday Confessions (FFFC) 3/25

• Options
    I still drink mini cans of Dr. Pepper even though it's so bad for the baby. I need the caffeine and it tastes like heaven.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @EmilyE13 oh that would bother me. My father in law would criticize everything I did and tell me if only I did things the way he did then I would be better at it. He was awful. He passed away a couple years ago and the relief I felt was something I should be ashamed of. 
  • Options
    Do you think Reece’s eggs count as egg protein ;) my confession is I am still having a really difficult time adjusting to this pregnancy it has been so different from my others and that is really freaking me out this time.  I just feel so disconnected and feel like I am always preparing for the worst. I have never been this way before :( 
  • Options
    @pangolindrome yup and even the liberal parts of Oregon are generally pseudo liberal (yes we want affordable housing - just not in MY neighborhood etc. etc.) I’m so sorry you’re having to teach through this mess. I left the classroom three years ago for grad school and feel like I got out just in time (not that things weren’t already bad). One of my closest teacher friends went on medical leave for anxiety this year. I can’t believe what communities/states/the nation are doing to teachers right now. I’m sure you’re doing amazing and I’m also sure you’re being asked to deal with way more than is reasonable or fair or safe. ♥️
  • Options
    @rin_dancing I totally get where you're coming from about the excitement. This will be my fourth child. I love my kids, but I HATE being pregnant. So no, this part is not remotely exciting
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @rin_dancing well if you get GD I'm here for you. I've had it 2/3 pregnancies and already prepared for it to happen this time. The trick is to work out after you eat. Eat a lime popsicle and hop on the elliptical or just walk briskly. That will do the trick. 
  • Options
    @krysnicole1022 Thanks!!! Appreciate the tip. ♥️
  • Options
    @rin_dancing hopefully you beat the odds and don't get it. I had literally zero risk factors and here I am. I had friends with multiple risk factors and they were fine. It's a crapshoot. It's a big pain but it's not unmanageable as long as you like cheese and eggs.