1st Trimester

Should I be worried if I have Leukocytes in my urine ?

14chrissie1414chrissie14 member
edited March 2022 in 1st Trimester
I just found out yesterday I am pregnant after losing our first in October.
I got my urine and blood done today and it says there are Leukocytes in my urine. I ready is usually an infection. My doctor isn't open until Monday. Should I be worried ? Could this cause a misscarriage ?

Re: Should I be worried if I have Leukocytes in my urine ?

• Mine were a little high too (flagged for above normal) and I’m 23 weeks now. My doctor never said anything to me and said my bloodwork and urine were good. Obviously, check in with your doctor but it’s probably nothing to worry about.
  • Luekocytes are common in your urine at low levels, even if not pregnant. Even red blood cells are in your urine at low levels. 
    However, if you have abnormally high levels in your urine you might have a UTI, your doctor will let you know if you do though. 
    UTI's won't cause miscarriage unless they get wildly out of control and cause other issues like with your kidneys. But thats only if you don't treat it or you have a severe infection. 
    If you are early on in pregnancy, you won't be able to get antibiotics until after 12 weeks for a UTI I believe. I had a BV infection and had to wait until I was 12 weeks to get treated. I was asymptomatic though so it wasn't a severe infection. 
    Are you having any other symptoms of a UTI? Burning or pain when urinating? If not then you are probably okay.
  • Loading the player...
  • edited March 2022
    I wouldn't be concerned. Just hydrate in case of a UTI. 
  • I also have trace leukocytes in my urine and left side rib pain. I have urine strips so was testing here at home. I drank hot lemon water and pain began in my ribs/left side. But I also feel like I may be pregnant. Doctor did lots of LABS yesterday including HCG so will see.