November 2022 Moms

Monday Bitchfest 3/21

I'll start...

My parents do this thing where they say that they can come over "anytime" to help with the kids. When I say "yes, that would be great! If you can come over on Monday in the afternoon that would be very helpful," they say, "well, we'll see what we are doing then."  I get that plans change, but then they should not say they are available "anytime."

Re: Monday Bitchfest 3/21

• @ponyoisfun My mom is also helpful... on her own terms. She picks up my son after school once a week (he's too young for after care, DH and I both work 9-5) but then she will randomly have a 4 PM meeting and "watches" my son, aka he walks over and tries to play with DH while HE is trying to work.

We had dinner plans with my parents last night, and I was going to tell them about my pregnancy. I had a whole plan - I have a maternity tee that says "Red Sox Future Fan" on the belly that I was going to wear, but I had to bow out because I was so sick, so I told them by text :(

• We don't have any family close by and when they do come they say they'll watch the kids and then have excuses *sigh* we just need to find a sitter so we can go out, but it's expensive and no clue how to find someone I'll trust (none of my friends use sitters either).

Can I bitch about my insurance? I don't often since it's paid by hubby's union dues which means it costs us basically nothing, but with having done all of my extractions it means basically the entire cost of my dentures has to come out of pocket because the amount covered is so low. But what am I gonna do? I gotta have teeth. Just means that I'm going to be paying the line of credit back for a few years...
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Loading the player...
  • My lovely body keeps waking up between 3-4am. I use the restroom and then can’t go back to sleep. Husband either snores or is a VERY heavy breather these days. It’s exhausting. So I go to another room to turn on Calm bedtime stories and try to sleep. I just wanna sleep through the niiiight! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @mflowers929 I feel you!  The pandemic has made it feel doubly hard to find a sitter.  On one hand it has made it hard to meet people because we are not out and about as much, but also because of my work I am exposed to COVID basically all of the time and people don't want to be around us/I am not comfortable exposing people to my family.  Our compromise has been to hire a family friend (young) as a "mother's helper."  She hangs with the kids while I am home.  That way I am not worried about them and since I know the family well we talk openly about our testing status and other risks etc. 

That sounds really frustrating about the dentures!  Dental coverage can be so frustrating!! 
  • @ponyoisfun yes, definitely the pandemic has made it harder! And every time we were starting to think "hey, maybe we should find someone" bam, we'd go back into lock down so that thinking was pretty useless because we all know that 2 weeks is NOT 2 weeks.
    I have had my best friend watch them a couple of times when we needed to go to appointments or whatever but I also hate asking her to watch them because she works like 60 hours a week and has a 6 year old of her own =/
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • My mom told family members that I was pregnant. I specifically told her not to say anything until after we had our ultrasound on April 11 to make sure everything was ok and even then I would be the one telling them. (TW: My last pregnancy ended in a miscarriage just this past January) I was so not ready for extended family to know. And my daughter was wanting to plan a fun surprise to tell everyone at Easter. 
  • @ponyoisfun & @mflowers929 if either of you have a college or university nearby, a lot of them have job boards where you can post if you're a community member in need of a service (sitting, lawn care, pet-sitting, etc.) I work at a college in Boston and found our after-school sitter using my college's job board. Just a thought!

@chelsea5787 boo mom! Way to steal your moment.

• @PurplePumpernickel that's a good idea actually! I never thought of that. We do have a university just down the road, plus it's the French university so that would be exposure to French for my kids lol (I live in a bilingual province)
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022