September 2022 Moms

Check-in, Week of 3/20

Given that it worked well last week, let's just revert to a single check-in thread.

๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย 

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜:ย 

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ:ย 

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป:ย 

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€:ย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?:ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€:ย 

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€:ย 

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: Who's your favorite family member, and why?
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.ย  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

ยซ1

Re: Check-in, Week of 3/20

• ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: 16 weeks even, 9/5

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: chipmunk (not including the tail)

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: FTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Blue

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: 4/12 with OB; 4/15 for anatomy scan at the hospital

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Pretty good. Nausea seems to have gone away. Level of tired is manageable. Iโ€™m definitely having a harder time getting comfortable at night, but once Iโ€™m asleep itโ€™s fine.ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Rants: people who touch bellies suck. Raves: my husband went out and bought me salt and vinegar chips and Reeseโ€™s pieces last night. Terrible dinner, but there was zero judgement.ย 

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: so the NIPT test billed insurance instead of the self pay rate. Has anyone else had this happen and how did you fix it?

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: Who's your favorite family member, and why? Probably my mom. Sheโ€™s hilarious and supportive and helps me keep my anxiety and expectations in check.ย 
  • Loading the player...
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  9/7ย  - 15+5

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Pear

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: STM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Team Blue!

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Have my 16-week appointment Wednesday morning. So ready to hear that little heartbeat.ย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Feeling great. Overdid it this weekend cleaning my entire house, but I was fine. Just exhausted. Have to take advantage of that energy when I have it. I was able to clean my whole house, declutter mine and DD's clothes, and clean out toys in the playroom!

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: No rants. Raves: DH is incredible and let me take a nap yesterday while he was cleaning up something outside that I needed to be helping with. I just couldn't hold my eyes open, though. He also took me to get a chocolate milkshake yesterday!

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: natm.

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: Who's your favorite family member, and why?ย Hmm other than DH or DD, probably my sister-in-law. She is amazing. She does anything and everything to help everyone, she is just a model mom and wife, and is the best listening ear who can be trusted 100%! I don't know how she does everything she does, but I strive to be like her.
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย 9/22 // 13+4ย 

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: mini cactusโ€ฆ? And lemon on TB

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: TTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: greenย 

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: tomorrow for my midwife appt!

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: pretty goodโ€ฆ Iโ€™m definitely getting a โ€œheavierโ€ feeling in my lower abdomen which makes me nervous for the possible repeat pain that I experienced with my son.ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Iโ€™m so happy to be back in pelvic floor PT and working on my diastasis recti during pregnancy. Iโ€™m reallllly hoping it helps with the future growing pain and recovery afterward!

I forgot that DH had a work trip this week and he never reminded me or discussed plans with me. So yesterday I was stressed a bit trying to figure out the plans. Itโ€™ll just end up being a lot of driving for me on Tuesday night but Iโ€™ll survive!

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: natm

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: Who's your favorite family member, and why?
    Probably my dad. Heโ€™s a great provider, support system, cheerleader, grandpa, etc. He has such an even temper that I wish I had and he deals with my mom very well. I am unfortunately more like my mom haha so thankfully my husband is more like my dad!

• @kboydbowman good luck with the cervical check tomorrow. Is there a time in pregnancy that they โ€œhaveโ€ to decide yes or no for a cerclage?ย 

@laj0217 you make me want salt and vinegar chips now at 8amโ€ฆ

@whitta1015 I overdid it this weekend, too, cooking for a brunch that I hosted. The food was delicious but I was out of energy at clean up time so DH had to take over (begrudgingly lol)
  • laj0217laj0217 member
    edited March 2022
    @mokay19 they go surprisingly well with a Starbucks frappuccino (sp?) mocha if you need to dress it up a little as morning food lol
  • @laj0217 itโ€™s called BALANCE ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  9/16, 14w 3d

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: as tall as a crayon

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: TTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: blue

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Wednesday for ultrasound and cervical lengthย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: scared. My last pregnancy ended in miscarriage at 14w5d so I'm getting more and more anxious as I approach this date.

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: natm

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: Who's your favorite family member, and why? Probably my grandad. He's always kind, caring, hard working. Pretty much the greatest man I've ever known.ย 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @kboydbowman Please update after your appointment tomorrow. I have the same thing on Wednesday and I'm a little nervous but also kind of hoping for a cerclage for security.ย 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @mokay19 Not really it's more of just a just a relative thing. In general 3 cm is the magic number that you want your cervix to be longer than. I suspect that if mine starts shortening, they'll look at going ahead and doing it even if we aren't down to 3 yet.ย  Let's hope that it's a mood point, but honestly I hope that if it's going to get weird it gets weird sooner rather than later. Then put the cerclage in and I know it will be fine until the end of the pregnancy.
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย 9/24, 13+2

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: apparently a clownfish?

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: STM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Finding out

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: April 26 for my next midwife appointment, May 16 for anatomy scan

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: better. More aches and pains. Still dealing with heartburn. Nausea is mostly gone now though.ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: nothing I can think of for nowย 

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: none at the momentย 

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: Who's your favorite family member, and why? If not my husband or son Iโ€™d have to say my mom. She doesnโ€™t feed into drama like literally every other person in my family. I swear they literally thrive off of it and I just donโ€™t have the time for itโ€ฆ and that definitely distances me from them.
  • @ashley35209 We can start a vaudeville act! The Crappy Cervix Sisters!
    Current pregnancy -

• ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: 9/11ย  15+2ย 

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: weighs the same as a deck of cards

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: finding out

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: I have them written down but don't remember exact dates off the top of my head. Early April with the midwife and after Easter for the anatomy scan.

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: better than before. Gaggy in the mornings but once I eat I'm fine. I still don't like thinking about food but it's getting easier to think up meals for dinner. I've been really tired out but I'm guessing that's due to my having covid 2 weeks ago. A friend of mine had cov8d recently as well and she said it took about 3 weeks before her energy levels were back to normal.

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: rave: the snow has pretty much melted and we've had more sunshine. There's a good chance we'll get more snow between now and may but I'm holding out hope that it stays away for good this year. Also, starting today, the north pole will have sunshine until it drops below the horizon in the fall so that means it's not so long until we also will get the midnight sun. In another month it'll be too light at night to see the stars.

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: none now

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: Who's your favorite family member, and why? I mean, I'm really fond of all my family but I think I'm going to have to go with my mom. I hope I can be as awesome of a mom and grandma as she is.
  • csardaszzcsardaszz member
    edited March 2022
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย 8/14 / 19 weeks

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: according to TB, a hot dog

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: STM+TTM I guess

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: green

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: midwife appointment 4/9

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: tired and sore! Yesterday I dug a trench to plant potatoes and I know I overdid it. Trying to lie low today but Iโ€™m sure DD will have other plans this afternoon. ๐Ÿ˜

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: The weather is getting really nice, and thereโ€™s so much to do in the garden, Iโ€™m loving being able to get out every day!

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: Is it possible to fit three car seats in a backseat?

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ:ย Who's your favorite family member, and why? My niece is awesome. Sheโ€™s smart, opinionated, and spunky and I love her spirit so much!
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  9/9 15+3ย 

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: orange

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Green

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Not until April 4th

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?:ย  Pretty good no nausea lately but haven't really found things I want to eat.ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: I fell asleep and took a nap with the 1 year old yesterday which was great until MH woke me up to tell me I have 5 minutes to get ready for a birthday party I had to take the 3 year old too. I wish I could have just kept sleeping, but MH would not have been able to handle the birthday party, he hates crowded spaces and chaos and that's what the birthday party was.ย 
    Raves, finally told my family this weekend and all were pretty excited. My mom and sister are already trying to figure out the logistics of 3 kids and worrying about things I've already figured out like how am I going to get 3 seats in our truck. They've got their eyes looking out for deals for a convertible seat once this one needs one, but I think I'll wait until black Friday, no need to purchase one now so it can sit around for a year or more while we use the infant seat.ย 

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: Who's your favorite family member, and why? I'm going to say my cousin's wife. I think I was 9ish when they got married. It was an unplanned teen pregnancy but they've been together for 25ish years now. They have 3 daughters and even under unfavorable circumstances they have made their family work. Baby at 19 and then 21 both unplanned because she lacked education on getting pregnant and shared that information as I got older so I knew not to be an idiot, like don't think birth control will protect you if you're on antibiotics. Also another funny story she likes to tell, was making her best friend put her hands under her while she went pee in labor because she was afraid her baby would fall out into the toilet while she was peeing....again she was very educated in the reproductive area. She had a pretty hard life before becoming part of our family and I think her growth there makes me love her that much more. She was 6 years old babysitting her 4 year old and 2 year old sibling when her 2 year old sibling fell out a window and she called 911 because he broke his arm and their mom wasn't around because she was having the 4th sibling and was at the hospital for the weekend, they were taken from her custody and bounced around family members for quite a few years with her being the "mom" of the siblings. I can't imagine what that was like as a kid and it just makes me grateful for all that I have. She's an "old soul" much like me and enjoys old lady activities like crocheting, gardening, and watching documentaries and IG homesteaders for fun. I don't know I've always looked up to her since I was a little kid, and now that we're adults I prefer her company to most of my family, my husband is about the same age as them so I feel like I am their age more often than not. Another funny thing is she became a Granny the same year my husband became a father, even though she is slightly younger than him so we like to joke about that from time to time.ย 
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  September 13 14w+6days

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Baby is the size of a donut!

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: FTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Team Blue

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: 16 week appt April 7th and anatomy scan the end of April

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Overall fairly good. Getting a little more achy but nothing too crazy. My headaches seem to have settled down with chiropractor and massage. I still find myself being a bit food averse at times. The start of this weekend was hard to get into eating. Mentally I have been really good but this weekend I was very anxious and emotional. I love this little guy so much and was just so worried about everything that could go wrong. These mom nerves are already kicking in for sure and I am starting to over think every little pain.ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: As always my husband is amazing. He has been going through his own mental health journey since before we knew I was pregnant and he still shows up for me everyday, no matter what I need. We have such a close relationship and friendship, I don't know what I would do without him.

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: Who's your favorite family member, and why? I would say my cousin. We call each other the bestfriend cousins and he was my maid of honor :). He is someone I can totally be myself around and we are just goofy and don't take anything too seriously.ย 
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย 12w6d

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Ice cream scoop. Assuming a big one since yesterday the size was that of a tennis ball.

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: FTM.

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: finding out & moose, gnomes, dinosaurs.

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: NT/genetic screening (is that the same thing?) on Wednesday.

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: My rest/active intervals are the same but Iโ€™ve had more energy. I am actually, legitimately, enjoying the two-mile forest walks with our doggo and I bet sheโ€™s excited weโ€™re back up to four miles a day. I have definitely been feeling more emotional. My stomach is recovering from taking my last antibiotics (augmentin) on Saturday so had some upset there.

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: As of today, I started using our little fridge whiteboard to write down expiration dates we usually forget about and Iโ€™m so pleased with myself. Salad mix, youโ€™ll get eaten before you expire this time!

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: From above - is NT the same as genetic screening?

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: Who's your favorite family member, and why?ย I miss them all entirely too much to answer this. I havenโ€™t seen my family since 2019, and that was my parents who visited us in Oregon. I was hoping to go back this summer but, honestly, Iโ€™ll be too pregnant to be that brave. Even if they drive me nuts sometimes, I miss my parents, my sister, and my brother. I miss my grandma (momโ€™s mom).
    Ah, here we go with the crying again.ย 
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  September 17 / 14w 2d

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Apple

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Blue

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: April 4 OB appointment

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: So much better! Still get tired by the end of the day, but nothing unbearable.ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€:ย 

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: My insurance denied coverage for my NIPT. It should be covered and now I'm nervous that the quad screening my OB recommended also won't be covered. I've started an inquiry into why the testing wasn't covered with my insurance company and hope that maybe it was just a mistake?ย ย 

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: Who's your favorite family member, and why? Besides my growing family of husband and sons, my grandpa. The weekends I was at my dad's I spent a lot of time at my grandparent's house while my dad was working. My grandparents owned a grocery store in a small town and it was my favorite to go with him to the store and follow him around. My grandpa and I had one of those crazy connections. When I was 11, he suffered a severe stroke and was put into home hospice care over the summer. The day he passed away I was at my mom's house and had this nagging urge that I just HAD to see him. I packed a backpack and decided the fastest way to go see him would be to walk (from northeastern Minnesota to western Wisconsin!). So, I hoofed it and made it nearly 6 miles before a local sheriff picked me up and returned me to my mom (who likely had a heart attack). I explained to her the need to see him and was somewhat dismissed, but she promised we'd try to arrange for me to visit my dad to see my grandpa soon. Unfortunately the next morning my dad called with the terrible news that my grandpa had passed away. That was my first experience of real loss and to this day it's hard to think about.ย 
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  Sept. 13/14+6

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Pear (4 in. supposedly)

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Finding out :)

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: 16 weeks appt on 3/28 and 20 week anatomy scan 4/25

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: SO much better. Lots of feeling good in between the nausea, thank goodness. More energy midday. Having a good handle on this new, tiny (yet constant) appetite has made things better.

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Sleep has become more elusive. I'm usually a very hard sleeper, but I've been waking up constantly throughout the night - not a fan. SOOO picky with the food right now.

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: DH is the best! He's ok waiting until the end of April to find out if we're having a boy or girl. Our doctor said not all insurance covers that portion for the cell free DNA testing we're doing next week and that it might be another $70 or so if we want to find out from my blood draw. When I called our insurance the guidance was they won't cover what's not medically necessary. I fought all my urges and made the choice to save the money for something useful (house reno/baby stuff), but he knows how excited I am and "talked me into" getting that portion of the results! Now we can find out a couple weeks earlier than the anatomy scan. I had already told my sisters that we'll be waiting until the end of April to find out. Now we'll get to surprise them too! I'm so happy inside right now even though it's only a couple weeks earlier!

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: Is it worth getting a bassinet?

With DS we had a swing, a crib, and 2 pack'n'plays. I felt like that was enough. Now we're in a two story home and my mom is pushing have a crib upstairs with a bassinet downstairs... I'm not one to do something because somebody else pushes for it, but I do question whether I declined the bassinet she offered me without being open-minded.ย 

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: Who's your favorite family member, and why? As a no brainer: DH - but since I married him, I'll go with.... A tie between my dad and my little sister. They are so patient, real cool cucumbers. Very caring, authentic, and fun to be around. I'd go anywhere with them.

Next winter we're taking DS and baby to Disney World before DS gets too old for the magic (we planned this trip before we got the good news), and we're bringing my little sister with us. She's in her senior year of college and just killing it!ย She makes me so proud!

Now I'm thinking maybe I should invite my dad too. Then it would be the best trip ever.
    *unnecessary disclaimer* I still love my other siblings and my mama.
  • @pangolindrome no, a NT scan is an ultrasound that measures the neutral tube size. The NIPT is the genetic testing done from
    a blood draw.ย 
  • mokay19 said:
    @pangolindrome no, a NT scan is an ultrasound that measures the neutral tube size. The NIPT is the genetic testing done from
    a blood draw.ย 
    I think itโ€™s not the NIPT because weโ€™re not doing one that can find out the gender, but Iโ€™m having both an US and blood draw on Wednesday. Ugh, I feel like I need to be a nurse to understand half of all this.
  • Your blood draw may be something other than the NIPT then - maybe a quad screen?
    Current pregnancy -

• pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited March 2022
    I donโ€™t remember. Ugh. In the app, it just says โ€œlab.โ€ I think it checks forโ€ฆ trisomy? And some other stuff? Probably also Downโ€™s. It probably is a quad screen.
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย Sept 12 / 15+1

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: eggo waffle!

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: team blue!ย 

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: 3/31 16w OB, 4/25 20w OB + anatomy scan!

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: great! Feels like thereโ€™s growth happening - some minor aches and twinges coming from my pelvic region but not as bad as round ligament pain.ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: weโ€™re in AZ this week on an early babymoon/anniversary trip. Tomorrow is our 3 year wedding anniversary but since weโ€™re also pregnant and this is our longest trip planned before he arrives, weโ€™re also considering it an early babymoon.ย 

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: Who's your favorite family member, and why? Besides DH, Iโ€™ll have to say my mom or my sister. Iโ€™ve always been close to my mom and since my parents divorced like 6 years ago, weโ€™ve gotten more so that way. My sister and I are 3 years apart and didnโ€™t use to be as close as we are now but weโ€™ve grown this way in adulthood.
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย September 28 / 12w6dย 

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: a plum I think? Weโ€™ll see what it changes to tomorrowโ€ฆย 

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: finding out โค๏ธ

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: next OB appointment is April 20ย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: pregnancy related = still exhausted. Otherwise, Iโ€™ve had a nasty cold for about week and am finally feeling a bit better. Nose is still stuffy but at least no fever or body aches.ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: the snow is starting to melt and I was able to put away my winter parka for the season ๐Ÿฅณ (Iโ€™m in central Canada so this is huge for us lol)ย 

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: none right now. Just happy to finally join the group today. Honestly the pregnancy didnโ€™t feel real until I heard the heartbeat last week, and I tend to be pretty private online so I like to be careful with what I share since this is a public forum.ย 

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: Who's your favorite family member, and why? Iโ€™ll have to jump on the bandwagon and say my mom. Iโ€™m an only child and my parents had me when they were 24 so I feel like Iโ€™ve always had a close friend-like bond with my mom.ย 
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย sept 1 / 16+5

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: a can of soda, but only half as heavy. Or a short jar of salsaย 

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: ftm

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: pink

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: just had midwife appointment today so now itโ€™s 4 weeks till my 20ish week anatomy ultrasoundย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: really good energy wise, and eating wise. Midwife said I can eat even more to gain more weight as I lost weight since a month ago. Which is nice to know! Snacking land here I come. ย Bad side, still dealing with headaches every few days and migraines every few weeks. Pulled my neck out almost two weeks ago and itโ€™s taking forever to heal with sleeping being odd due to belly. Canโ€™t feel kicking yet but they said the placenta is at the front so it may be taking the kicking and I canโ€™t feel that yet till itโ€™s a bit bigger.ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: rant - nothing this week! Rave - on hang at home vacation this week and trying to chill and do fun things for me (buy some maternity clothes, first prenatal massage, starting prenatal yoga, picking out baby room ideas). I get bored easily so keep taking on too many things though haha ย 

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: none today!ย 

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: Who's your favorite family member, and why? I honestly donโ€™t think I can pick one, my family is all so awesome. Besides my mom and my partner, Iโ€™ll say newest favourite is my sis in law who is a great fit in our family and helps me feel young!ย 
  • @newbabymama27 as being literally a day ahead of you, itโ€™s a lemon ๐Ÿ‹ lol
  • ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  9/22, 13w5d

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Baby is the size of a potsticker (yummmm)

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Team Blue

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: 4/28 anatomy scan and OB appt

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: I've been getting headaches more frequently, but I think that's a result of not drinking enough water throughout the day. I also wake up nearly every night to pee and often have trouble falling back to sleep. All in all, though, I can't complain!

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: While it's loooong overdue, I am happy to see a Black woman being nominated to the Supreme Court. Representation within all bodies of power is so important! While this has been getting well-deserved media attention, not enough attention is being paid to the fact that professional athlete Brittany Griner, a Black, openly gay woman, has been detained in Russia for months.

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: NATM

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: Who's your favorite family member, and why?ย  I would have to say my sister. We've been through thick and thin!
  • @mokay19 and @pangolindrome the NT scan is a "nuchal translucency" scan, it primarily tests for prenatal attributes that could indicate a baby with Down syndrome. Not the same as the NIPT/NIPS, which is a blood test. That said, Kaiser keeps booking me back-to-back appointments so I see my OBGYN, then go down to the lab. If your system is similar you may be doing both in the same day.

@ashley35209 I'm so sorry to hear you've been feeling scared. Totally understandable, under the circumstances! I hope you're able to be kind to yourself for the next few days and that all goes smoothly for you.

I may be joining you and @kboydbowman on the cervical cerclage concerns, sigh...we'll find out in April.

๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  September 25 / 13w3d

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: I stopped keeping track or checking apps. I think part of me is trying to pretend I'm not pregnant, given concerns about what the amnio might show and how long it will be before we know. (See spoilers in signature.)
    ย 
    ๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: FTMย 

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Pink

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: April 11th with my OBGYN, April 13th (my anniversary, ha) for amnio

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Still feeling sick, though Zofran seems to be helping and I think I've been a little better the last two days? Unhappy and anxious and alternating between distracting myself and trying to research every possible thing I can find to research.

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: I want to be the sensible person who trusts doctors and believes in medicine, but I keep doing 30 minutes of research and coming up with questions that my doctors should have thought of. Should I be seen more often due to a risk ofย idiopathic intrauterine growth restriction? Probably so according to research, but no one has expressed an interest in seeing me more often. Should we do a karyotype or a microarray for the amniocentesis? They said microarray initially, but when I asked about which test was better at detecting mosaicism they did some research and realized karyotype would be better. Why am I doing this stuff? Shouldn't it be their job?

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: NATM.

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: Who's your favorite family member, and why? I don't really have a favorite family member...maybe it's from growing up with 4 parents (2 from birth and 2 step-parents who have been around for most of my life), but I hate the idea of "favorites" in general.
    First time mom-to-be, due 9/25/22

Some complicated chromosomal stuff going on - our fingers are crossed, but this may not go according to plan!

• @lilienne
    That's exactly how I felt when I was doing all the research and the OB I had didn't know the information. Why bother seeing them. I'm glad I had the option to go to a larger "teaching hospital" and they were able to confirm what I had already researched. I'm sorry you're going through this now. I had a really hard time connected with that pregnancy and I stopped tracking and doing what I should be doing because I had no faith in the fact that I would get to take home the baby. Really all of that to say it sucks and we're here for you.ย 
  • @mk2022x I love your size reference to the Eggo waffle!ย 
  • Hi everyone! This is my first update. Due to all of the hiccups I had earlier on in the pregnancy, I didn't feel confident to provide updates. After today's fetal assessment, I feel a bit more assured.

๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  9/24, 13+4

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Lemon?

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Team Finding Out!

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: In ~3 weeks to see the doctor. The next ultrasound is at 20 weeks.

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Extremely exhausted but also very relieved after today's fetal assessment.

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: No rants. I feel so grateful today that the sun looks a bit brighter and my lunch tasted a little less yucky.

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: For those who are feeling a bit less drained, at which week did the exhaustion ease up for you?

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: Who's your favorite family member, and why? My husband is the most amazing person at the moment. He has so much confidence and optimism for the both of us!
  • @puppiesandbabies I would say I saw the energy coming back around week 13 and haven't had to have daily power naps since week 14 although i still am going to bed slightly earlier than is typical for me.ย 
  • @mamamoomoo12 I'm hoping that I have your trajectory. I am close to 14 weeks. Fingers crossed!
  • @jhysmath thank you...it really does help to hear about others who have gone through pregnancies with major stress and less-than-stellar probabilities and/or outcomes.ย 

@puppiesandbabies and @mamamoomoo12 I still feel like I can't really count on it, but at 13w 3d I think I really am feeling a little better. I'm less out of breath when I bend down, and while I'm still going to bed early I have more energy throughout the day. I even skipped this morning's dose of Zofran and have yet to regret it! Maybe things are trending slightly upwards?

Some complicated chromosomal stuff going on - our fingers are crossed, but this may not go according to plan!

• @lilienne I'm glad that you are feeling better. That's so great that you didn't need to rely on Zofran this morning! We have similar due dates so I am optimistic that I will feel better any day now!ย 
  • @puppiesandbabies I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I did a lot more physical work at the barn this morning, and then still had enough energy to come home, research genetics (sigh), and start a crochet project. I may still take my evening Zofran dose, we'll see how I feel, but I'm hopeful that I'm turning that mythical first trimester corner. I hope you aren't far behind!

• wisehwiseh member

@kboydbowman why will your doctors likely try to force you into a scheduled c section? Also how did your cervical ultrasound go?

Biggest creepy internet hugs @ashley35209 โ€“ how did your ultrasound yesterday/today (Iโ€™m not sure what timezone youโ€™re in) go?

I keep forgetting youโ€™re in Norway @babywiik! I lived in Stockholm for a year and even that south it didnโ€™t get dark at night but I spent time up further north both in the winter and the summer at my friendโ€™s parentsโ€™ house & it was so cool. Where in Norway do you live?

@csardaszz yes it is. Depending on what car you have you might need to get slimline seats, but it is definitely possible!

@leannechristina I had a bassinet on wheels for my DD and it was amazing! I will definitely be using it for this babe too. The wheels meant I didnโ€™t have to wake her if I put her to sleep in one room then wanted to go to another, and it also meant I could rock the bassinet to put her to sleep if she needed it.

๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  22 September - 14+0

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: a trolls doll

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Green

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: Nothing until my anatomy scan on the 13th of May, which seems so far away. Nearly 2 months between appointments. I had a phone consult with my GP yesterday to get NIPT results & then he sent off the letter to the hospital to admit me into the midwifery program. I believe I'll have an appointment with them after my anatomy scan.ย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Pretty good, just a bit tired. I recently got a whoop fitness tracker & apparently my body battery is never about 30% ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Rant: none. Rave: got my DD into a daycare for 1 day a week while I'm visiting my parents. I was starting to lose hope that there'd be no availability but managed to find somewhere & she'll start next week. I have been feeling very neglectful as I'm not able to stimulate her as much myself as she would at daycare, and I spend hours at a time in meetings to she's been having to entertain herself.ย 

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: NATM

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: Who's your favorite family member, and why? I don't really have a favourite family member. I'm not a very people person and haven't really ever built any close relationships with any of my family, other than my husband and my DD.
  • @wiseh I live in Lofoten, a chain of islands off the western coast of Northern Norway. It's close enough to the mainland that they've built underwater tunnels and bridges so we can drive to the mainland. Makes it not feel as much like I'm on an island which sounds sort of claustrophobic ๐Ÿ˜…