1st Trimester
Options

Early Fetal Heart Rate

Hi!

This is my second pregnancy. The first pregnancy sadly experienced an early pregnancy loss. Due to this, they have requested that I have an ultrasound at 6 weeks. We went in for that at 6 weeks and 2 days and while things are measuring well we were informed that the heart rate is low at 80. We have been told to come back in next week rather than waiting until the 8 weeks appointment.

Does anyone have experience with this? Can I still be hopeful that all could still be progressing and next week the growth and heart rate will be at normal levels?

Thanks in advance!
Lisa

Re: Early Fetal Heart Rate

• Options
    Hey I’m 6 weeks an our babies heart rate was 82 bpm but the doctor said it could just be because it’s still early and I go back next week as well. I’m interested to hear how your follow up appointment went?
  • Options
    I am also 6 weeks and experienced a loss with my first pregnancy just before 9 weeks. I had my first ultrasound at 6 weeks 1 day, they showed the heart beating, but said it was too early to really gauge an accurate heart rate. They were fine with everything and didn’t want me back for another 4 weeks, but because of the first loss they’re letting me check again at 8 weeks. So I’m hoping it’s just as they and it’s hard to accurately read the heart rate that early.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I go back Friday for a 7 week ultrasound, I have to go every week because I have a large fibroid. After doing some research and hearing some other stories a lot of people are telling me it was too early for them to get a good reading and by 7 or 8 weeks we will have an accurate heartbeat and go from there, I’ll let you know how my appointment goes Friday!
  • Options
    good news! I had my 7.3 week checkup today and the babies heart rate was 120 and the doctor is really happy with the growth! 
  • Options
    Yay! Congrats! I went in at 6 weeks for my ultrasound through IVF, the dr saw the fetal pole, yolk sac and gestational sac, but he said it’s too early to see the heartbeat. I’m going back for my 8 weeks ultrasound next week, praying we see and hear a healthy heartbeat. I’m 45 years old, had a miscarriage at 7 weeks 2 years ago using IVF, so I’m super scared but I’m hopeful everyday. Wish us luck!
  • Options
    wishing you all the luck in the world!