October 2022 Moms

I’m just here for the SEX!

Some of us are starting to find out the sex of baby early via sneak peek or nipt, etc. so why not have a place to put our exciting news!!! Answer the poll and feel free to also comment (because we can’t see what you voted)!! Some of us are also choosing to let it be a surprise and that is wonderful too!! Congratulations mamas!! 💙💗💚

I’m just here for the SEX! 65 votes

Team Green 💚
21% 14 votes
Team Blue 💙
41% 27 votes
Team Pink 💗
33% 22 votes
B/G Twins 💙💗
1% 1 vote
Some other multiples combination
1% 1 vote

Re: I’m just here for the SEX!

• Team Green over here!
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• I'm finding out but will wait until 20 weeks instead of the DNA test..
  • Loading the player...
  • @cfranx 100% agree with you. I’m not really dying to find out, so I could see us being team green this time, but if we’re having a boy I absolutely have to deal with the 4+ years of clothes while I still have some free time to do so. 
  • Y'ALL!!! My friends are having a baby in July. At their anatomy scan they were told they were having a girl, but they just did a 3D ultrasound today and it's a boy! Now I'm wondering if I want to get a 3D to confirm since we're planning to find out.
  • I’m pretty committed to team green……. but……. I wonder if knowing the sex would make it somehow more real??? But for now sticking to keeping it a surprise. 💚
  • I'm finding out but will wait until 20 weeks instead of the DNA test..
    I missed your comment my last time through the thread, this is what we are thinking of doing too. We did this last time because my NIPT was like a week before my anatomy scan so I decided to just wait, but it was so special finding out during the anatomy scan I think I want to do that again. 
  • @bows22 @krysnicole1022 you two have me really tempted to hold off til the anatomy scan. I’ve never done it that way and just always found out from NIPT, but it sounds like it’s so special to find out that way!
  • @EmilyE13 there was just something about seeing my baby up on the screen and learning that piece of the puzzle! I instantly knew what her name was too. I didn’t tell DH that I had that feeling for a couple of weeks because there was another name I liked better 😂. If we do decide we are going to find out from the NIPT this time I am going to give DH my password and let him find out first and do a little reveal for me & DD
  • I've done it both ways. With my first the NIPT wasn't as common. I did a mix with my second (low tech office that got the results and I had them write it down and put it in the envelope. The ultrasound was inconclusive but the tech said she had a guess just based off her 20 years of experience. She wrote it down and we opened both envelopes.) With my third we got a phone call from one of the nurses as soon as they got the results (this was five years ago). I also just want something to look forward to. 
  • @EmilyE13 yay!!! I’m so happy for you! My 4 year old really wants a boy too! 
  • Aw, congrats @ambernwilder! You get to keep your title as “boy mom”. I’m really hoping we are going for a hat trick of girls 🤞🏻 
  • @KGETS86 this is exactly why I didn't find out early. I needed to delay the inevitable purging of clothes because this one is definitely my last one and if it's a boy I have a lot of girls clothes to purge. I don't want to do it. 
  • Any gender guesses, skull or nub theory? Also just guessing at the nub being in the red circle. Didn’t have a clear view of it
  • @smjackson10102020 I don’t know anything about skull or nub theory. I will say that at my 12w ultrasound which was after I found out NIPT that it was a boy, I saw what I thought looked like a bit of an appendage when we were looking at his legs and feet and the baby kinda shifted. 🤷‍♀️
  • @krysnicole1022 I need to purge ASAP, because her room is overflowing with clothes, and I need to make space to move her 2yo brother into her room with her (my oldest boy is autistic and would NOT handle having a roommate well). And I need to purge while she’s still in school, because SHE, in her 4yo wisdom, thinks she can still fit into a 9M dress. 🤦🏻‍♀️
    I think I’m going to hold onto some of the more sentimental outfits that could be used for future grandchildren (if that’s in the cards).

I told my husband I was going to start getting higher quality clothes for my oldest, since we’ll get so much use out of them. 
  • @KGETS86 My oldest suffers from crippling anxiety and has IED (intermittent explosive disorder) after experiencing extreme bullying and trauma at school from students, teachers, and administration. She cannot share a room. It's her safe place and she needs a private place to go during explosions. We literally have to lock the door and walk away. We are converting our formal dining room into a bedroom because my second doesn't sleep and my son's room is TINY. We couldn't reasonably fit  another kid in there. 
  • @krysnicole1022 I’m so sorry that your oldest experienced all of that! I try to make all of their bedrooms their safe spaces, but I probably take particular care with my oldest because he just gets so overwhelmed by everyone sometimes. I’m glad your oldest has her safe place as well.
  • NIPT came back today and it’s a boy! I would have been happy regardless, but secretly kind of happy because we’ll feel more “complete”. I always wanted 3, hubs wanted 2, and at this point it took so long for #2, that #3 is out of the question anyway 🙃

Fun story though, when I was pregnant with my daughter, a few days before our anatomy scan, I dreamt of a little blonde pigtailed girl running through a field with my husband goofing off. I thought the whole time she was going to be a boy until they confirmed.

This time around I dreamt 2 days ago that we got results and an all clear, but it said “it’s a boy” in light blue. 

Crazy how dreams work sometimes!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congratulations!!!