3rd Trimester

ECV Procedure

Anyone attempt the ECV procedure to get baby to turn head down? Can you tell me about it? Was it successful? I'm 36+3, baby is frank breech.

Re: ECV Procedure

• harpseal135harpseal135 member
    edited March 2022
    You still have time....baby can flip still! Is your medical team pushing it? 

To answer your question: no I have not, but mt best friend did. It failed and to her it was super painful. 
  • My second baby was breach and flipped between 36 and 37 weeks, which was very uncomfortable but totally can happen still! 
    I have never had an ECV and I’ve heard that they’re painful. They also come with risks that you should discuss with your doctor. If my baby hadn’t flipped on his own, I would have likely went the csection route. 
  • Loading the player...
  • A coworker recommended going for a float in a pool, so I did that the night before my scheduled ECV. Went to the hospital next day, got checked in, IV was placed, they were just about to administer meds when they checked baby's position with ultrasound, and he was head down!!! Now I'm wearing a compression belt to keep him that way! Due in 3 weeks!
  • Finding a good chiropractor or acupuncturist who know how to flip a baby can be super helpful. 
  • They are successful about 2/3 of the time. I know people who’ve successfully had them.
  • I looked up a few yoga positions and did them for a week or so and he flipped no problem 
  • Hey, did your baby ever flip? I’m 34 weeks and still breech. 
  • Yes! He flipped the night before my scheduled ECV. I was 36+5. If you have access to a pool, go for a float. That's what did the trick for me.

Now I'm just waiting for him to make his debut, I'm 40+4 today.