October 2022 Moms
Options

Weekly Check-In week of 3/14

Oopsie, forgot to post this yesterday.ย 

๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย 

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜:ย 

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ:ย 

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป:ย 

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€:ย 

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?:ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€:ย 

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€:ย 

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: What type of birth are you hoping for?

Re: Weekly Check-In week of 3/14

• Options
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  7w2d, 10/30

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Altoid

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: TTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Green

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: First OB appt next Thursday

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Much more relieved now that we've finally had an ultrasound. Still nauseous and vomiting but at least it's reassuring.

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: I graduated from the RE this week and can see the regular OB next week! I also get to come off my IVF meds in a few weeks.

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: nope

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: What type of birth are you hoping for? Well I've had two c-sections so I will likely schedule a c-section for this one. I would love to have a VBA2C but I don't think any doctor will be willing to let me try. Other than that, just a safe and healthy delivery.ย 
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Options
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  10/13 / 9w5d

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Cherry

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: FTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Green

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: 03/28 NT Scan 03/31 OB Appt

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Emotionally, it's been harder than I thought to graduate from my RE to OB - trust me, I'm SO relieved and grateful, but I realized it was helping my anxiety to get weekly reassurance that things were progressing as usual.ย  Luckily my next appointment is in two weeks, but it still seems like forever.ย  Physically, I thought I crossed over to the other side of symptoms (decreased nausea and exhaustion), but it came back with a vengeance these past few days.ย ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: We're getting some beautiful spring weather here and it's helping me get through the rest of March and the 1st trimester!ย  63 and sunny this morning.

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: I'm sure this will come up later, but do any of you recommend formal parenting/birthing classes?

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: What type of birth are you hoping for? I am on strict orders from my therapist to take things one day at a time and not get too far ahead of myself (lol) In all seriousness, I haven't thought too much about it besides doing a lot of research into the different hospitals in my area.ย  I'm hoping to learn a lot more about my options in the next few months.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sandy5693 for classes, check with the hospitals you are researching! My hospital offers childbirth and breastfeeding classes that I took with my first, and they were great! Plus, it gets you acquainted with some of the maternity ward staff.ย 

๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย 9w2d

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: cherry

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: STM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: finding outย 

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: 2nd appointment on the 29th

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: was super nauseated yesterday. Started taking unisom and b6 last night and Iโ€™m feeling better today, just exhaustedย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: annoyed that my OB still isnโ€™t letting kids in the office since Covid. My husbandโ€™s work schedule is all over the place and Iโ€™m a SAHM, and finding someone to watch my little one is such a last minute anxiety inducer.ย 

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: What type of birth are you hoping for? Safe and fast! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Options
    pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited March 2022
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย 12 weeks.ย 

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: SWEDISH FISH! Iโ€™m assuming the bigger kind.

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: FTM.

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Moose, gnomes, dinosaurs.

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: 3/18 with OB to go over my US results. Husband will be attending virtually due to restrictions.

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Iโ€™m on penicillin for a dog bite (if you want to know, check out the March Crying thread) so I feel nauseated and tired. Slept like crap because my thumb is so swollen. Tylenol is my best buddy.ย 
    Otherwiseโ€ฆ still fatigued. Some aversions but not much else. I get intensely nauseous if I get exhausted or too hungry.

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: RAVE: ย I told my coworkers and students today and it was kinda funny. Theyโ€™ve been worried that I might have had Covid-19 since I was gone regularly and have been exhausted. They were excited and relieved that this wasnโ€™t at all the case!
    Also told some close family friends this weekend and they were PSYCHED!

๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€: Which is better for summer, maternity bottoms with the tall sleeve or lower ones?

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: What type of birth are you hoping for? Hospital all the way. Quick, easy, easy to recover fromโ€ฆ not completely inheriting hubbyโ€™s and my head sizeโ€ฆ
  • Options
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€:ย  October 5th, 10w 6d

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Bee hummingbird. Apparently tomorrow they are officially considered a fetus and not an embryo!

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: FTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: Finding out

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: First trimester screening and ultrasound on the 25th

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Doing okay right now! Still riding the nausea waves but I have a lot more mental clarity (no more zombie-level brain fog from exhaustion)

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Rave: DS's hair is growing more and the curls he's getting at the back are PRECIOUS!!! I love to stroke them when he's sitting still with me (a rarity...) Rant: So ready for food aversions to be done with. I really struggle with being so picky in first trimester!

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: What type of birth are you hoping for? Hoping for a water birth at the birth centre in our city. That's what I was hoping for with DS, but my labour needed help (pitocin) and I needed enough of a break for sleep (epidural). I'm less afraid of the epidural now, but I'd still really like to go for that plan A. The birth centre here is beautiful and water really helps me manage my pain. My midwife was very reassuring that I will be very likely to be able to have that.ย 
  • Options
    @sandy5693 I would definitely recommend infant first aid and CPR. Otherwise totally up to you and what will make you and your birth partner feel prepared. I would start by looking up labour support methods on YouTube and if one really speaks to you you can look up any formal class offerings for it in your area.
  • Options
    @shortstack930 @sandy5693 congratulations on graduating from RE!
    @reirei09 glad the B6+unisom is giving you some relief.ย 
    @pangolindrome full belly band all the way. The low bands cut in really awkwardly on my hips and werenโ€™t flattering. Also, get a pair of maternity overall shorts. Iโ€™m obsessed with mine.ย 
    @krthouse curls on kiddos are the best, although my older daughterโ€™s are so prone to tangles itโ€™s a battle to get her hair combed.ย 

๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย 9+2, Oct. 17

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: raspberry

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: TTM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: finding out

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: 3/23 for US and NIPT

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: lots of RLP lately. Energy seems to be coming back a bit.ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Work has been really intense lately, so Iโ€™ve had a fair amount of additional stress that I have been taking home with me. Not great.ย 

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: What type of birth are you hoping for? My first was an emergency c-section (with complications afterward) and after desperately trying to go into labor on my own with #2, I finally had to do a c-section at 41+1 weeks. My OB practice doesnโ€™t support VBA2C unless I basically show up at the hospital at 7 cm. Knowing my history of not going into labor on my own, a c-section is most likely. Bums me out a bit, Iโ€™ll admit.ย 
  • Options
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย 10+3, due 10/9

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Golden snitch!ย 

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: STM

๐—ง๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ ๐—™๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜/๐—•๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ/๐—ฃ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ/๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป: finding out

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: NIPT draw today, then next appt in mid April!

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: amazing in comparison! My energy has really started coming back and my negative emotions are neutralizing. So happy about that. Still going to bed early, out of breath, peeing a lot and some RLP. But Iโ€™ll take it ๐Ÿ’ฏย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: Iโ€™m just so happy to be feeling better. Also ive been off this week because husband is out of town and daycare is on spring break. I was really worried about getting through the days, but Iโ€™ve been feeling so much better that weโ€™ve actually had an awesome week together! And work has been stressful, so itโ€™s nice to get a break from that too.

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: Iโ€™m pretty positive Iโ€™ll need another induction (I was induced at almost 42 weeks- women in my family tend to have a hard time going into labor), so Iโ€™d like to have a cozy birth in my hospitalโ€™s birthing center suites with an epidural to get some rest. I didnโ€™t do an epi with my first and I think I really need rest and relief this time. Iโ€™ll do Hypnobabies again too!
  • Options
    ๐—˜๐——๐—— / ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐˜€ + ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€: ย 10w5d

๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜‡๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ(๐—ป) / ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜: Lego mini-fig!

๐—™๐—ง๐— /๐—ฆ๐—ง๐— /๐—ง๐—ง๐— +/๐—ถ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ: I donโ€™t know what this means?

๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—”๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€: quite a ways awayโ€ฆApril 8

๐—›๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด?: Better than I have been. I feel like Iโ€™ve just been constantly queasy for weeks, but itโ€™s back to just a bit in the evenings. My energy and appetite are coming back, and my boobs arenโ€™t as sore.ย 

๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€/๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐˜€: We've started telling more people. Our parents and a few close friends have known for a while, but now weโ€™re getting to our siblings, extended family, and coworkers. Will wait to put anything on social media until after our next appointment probably. The politics/strategy of who to tell when has been a bit stressful TBHโ€ฆ Iโ€™ll be glad when itโ€™s just out there.

๐—š๐—ง๐—ž๐—ฌ: What type of birth are you hoping for?ย 
    The hospital my doctor is associated with has the โ€œbaby-friendlyโ€ designation, so thatโ€™s nice! They do gentle c-sections when possible, and have a low-intervention program and space. I might see about that later on, but Iโ€™m overweight so not sure if Iโ€™ll โ€œqualifyโ€. Honestly, Iโ€™m trying to go into it with few expectations so that Iโ€™m not disappointed if something doesnโ€™t go according to plan. I am just hoping for a safe delivery, whatever way it happens.
  • Options
    @kaniob for the FTM/STM etc, it means First Time Mom, Second Time mom, etc :)ย 

Also I totally agree about telling people and the politics being a little stressful. Some family members get offended if you tell so-and-so before them, but usually itโ€™s just because I happened to see or talk to them first!
  • Options
    @EmilyE13 ohhh overall shorts! I love that idea!!!
  • Options
    @fichey Totally with you on getting out of breath! Getting my toddler ready to go outside feels like running a marathon right now.
  • Options
    @krthouse

I can't imagine chasing a toddler right now! Everyone going through this with a little one already in tow has my complete respect lolย 
  • Options
    @shortstack930 you can absolutely vbac after two c sections unless it was pretty recent. I had two emergency c sections with my first two and my doctor told me she was absolutely okay with my going for a VBAC with baby 3 if I wanted to. I took a hard pass because I have a deformed pelvic bone that blocks my cervix so I had a scheduled c section. A lot of doctors say no because a) it's easier to schedule a c section and b) you really shouldn't induce labor in a VBAC so they are at the whim of your uterus. I'm not a doctor obviously but I've been through the motions enough times to know that it just takes the right doctor and the right hospital.ย 
    I've had a couple of friends VBAC with baby 3 after two c sections.ย 
  • Options
    @krysnicole1022 thatโ€™s good to hear! I work as an L&D nurse and the OBs I work with basically said they wouldnโ€™t do it unless I basically came in ready to push but weโ€™re also a smaller hospital. Iโ€™m delivering with a different practice at a bigger hospital so Iโ€™m hoping theyโ€™ll feel differently.ย 
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Options
    @krysnicole1022 @shortstack930 I am hoping that by some miracle I will go into labor on my own with this one and try a VBA2C because otherwise the OBs in my practice will push a scheduled c section.ย My babies are known for refusing to come out voluntarily, though.ย 

*TW* I had a pretty scary postpartum hemorrhage after my first c section due to prolonged use of pitocin to try to get my labor to progress, so they wonโ€™t use anything to augment labor for me.ย 
  • Options
    @shortstack930 @EmilyE13 I do find that typically doctors like to control birth as much as possible, so things like VBAC or VBAC2 freak them out. That definitely does not mean it's not possible for you and you can advocate for yourself. Do some research from legitimate sources on it (OBGYNs/registered midwives who support VBAC as an option) and come ready with that to discuss your options with your care provider. This is your body, your birth story, so if there aren't any dangerous contraindications for you specifically there's no reason for you to forego the birth preferences you have. It is of course important for your care team to be on board, but VBACs and VBAC2s can definitely happen safely โค
  • Options
    @shortstack930 and @EmilyE13
    ย I don't go into labor on my own either. I had my membranes swept but if docs are pushing
    a C section then they probably won't do it. Look into the bigger hospitals policies and find a doctor who will work with you. I've 100% fired multiple doctors for not listening. Don't be afraid to switch. I left an OB when I was 20 weeks with my second daughter because she was pushing a C section or scheduled induction on me. My due date was labor day and I said no.ย  She tried to scare me. I called up my old OB (she was in a far north suburb after we moved way south) and she was not having it. I ended up switching and driving pretty far to see her. I got the chance to VBAC like I wanted. That's when we discovered that during labor especially, but other times too, my pelvic bone actually covers my cervix like a cap. They discovered I have a pelvic bone abnormality and it's longer and just out further than it's supposed to. That's why I can't vaginally deliver a baby regardless of position. I certainly tried though.ย 
    Always advocate for yourself and your baby. If the hospital allows it then a doctor there will do it.ย