Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL w/o 3.7

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage / spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and/or stillbirth may be mentioned.**

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? 

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

Questions? 

GTKY: Do you have any fun trips planned for this spring or summer? 

Re: TTCAL w/o 3.7

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? Things are going; the unpredictable cycles are stirring up a lot of feelings of anxiety, similar to how I felt after my CP when my cycle was out of whack for a couple of months. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nope

Questions? NATM

GTKY: Do you have any fun trips planned for this spring or summer? Not really. I have my boards exam coming in May/June so I would like to do something fun after that but we shall see. 
  • @bbrahmbhatt add me to the unpredictable cycle anxiety.

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. Preterm Labor/Infant loss Sept/Nov 2020, MC Jan 22.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? I've been bleeding now for 8 days. 2 days of spotting, then 6 days of on/off bleeding. It'll get heavy enough that I'll put a tampon in, and then it'll stop so the tampon will hurt and I'll switch to a pad, then I'll start bleeding again, and then stop again. It feels like groundhog day.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? nope

Questions? What were your first periods like AL? I know I'm to expect a wonky one, but this is just annoying and mentally exhausting.

GTKY: Do you have any fun trips planned for this spring or summer? We're planning a trip down to Disneyland in April/May. Our dog is medically fragile so we're having a hard time figuring out what to do with him while we're gone.

TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Loading the player...
  • @bearmomma1 the bleeding from my loss was heavier than usual. Then I had some spotting here and there with a REALLY long cycle...like 42 days. Then the next period was longer and heavier than usual. Then it was pretty much back to normal after that cycle. 
    bearmomma1
  • @bbrahmbhatt Good luck on your boards! You should definitely plan something fun to celebrate for after.
    @bearmomma1 I didn't have the starting/stopping problem you're experiencing, but my period AL was definitely longer than usual. 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. MC @ 8 weeks in Aug. 2021, CP in Dec. 2021

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? This is the month I would have given birth if my pregnancy last summer had been successful. After I had my loss, I never dreamed I wouldn't at least be pregnant again by this time. Such a cruel reminder of how sheltered I was prior to the first loss and how completely out of control everything feels now. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? I have an RE appointment in May, just staying the course (adding letrozole) until then.

Questions? Not today

GTKY: Do you have any fun trips planned for this spring or summer? Our 10th anniversary is later this month. I'm torn about doing anything big too celebrate (because of the other reminder this month mentioned above), but we might take a weekend trip somewhere. 
    bbrahmbhatt
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. CP @ 5w Sept '21, MMC @ 9w Jan '22

Status: TWW *I think* (temp finally going up, if i plug in increases every day the rest of this week it gives me dotted crosshairs on FF)

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? well, i should be studying... but instead i'm talking to you all... so far my brain is mush, i have a headache and my anxiety re taking my series 63 is increasing. oh joy!

Any testing coming up/any recent results? ahah, not fertility related. but we do have our fertility intake virtually this coming monday

Questions? what is my body doing? it's a rhetorical questions, but i am on day 7 of peak on CBD OPKs. my temps have been wild this month. will attach again... chart in spoiler

GTKY: Do you have any fun trips planned for this spring or summer? so i have Adele tickets for Hyde Park in London July 1 and i guess i need to actually plan this trip, i wanted to do a week and go to Paris, maximize the flight points, but now i'm like do we just say eff it b/c its points and go for the weekend. and yes i realize that is an insane statement to just be like casually flying to the UK for the weekend, but we've done it before. perks of east coast living. it's only an hour longer flight than LA.

@bbrahmbatt i'm sorry if you've said this and my brain is mush, what kind of dr are you? and you absolutely should reward yourself after your boards!
    @bearmomma1 i feel you on the unpredictable cycle, i am going to attach my chart. but i'll provide some nitty gritty for you, i had basically no bleeding from my d&c, so i always start with that point, bleeding the day of, and then basically 2 days of spotting. that cycle lasted 26 days, i semi temped, i didn't do any OPKs. i had bright red, but light bleeding on day 27, aka day 1 of next cycle, then spotting on day 2, and light bleeding days 3 and 4, spotting day 5. days 2-5 had brown aka old blood mixed in. and when i say light, i mean i only used a tampon on day 1, and barely needed a pad the other days. to the point i even wondered if it was my period. and then i had spotting on days 8, 10, 13-15 - and mostly brown aka old blood. did you expect to get so much about my bodily fluid? that being said, i feel similar to what you are saying. i have never had spotting/bleeding mid cycle. i almost got to the point i messaged my OB thru the portal, but it seems to have stopped since day 15. there is a lot online about really heavy periods after MC but not loads about light/intermittent ones so it's absolutely confusing. i am currently on day 18, and with how my temps have been i'm not sure what to expect length wise of the cycle bc it's been weird.
    @abjm0325 ugh girl, big hug. those reminders are tough, i think you should treat yourself to a trip. 10 years is a big anniversary! 

abjm0325bbrahmbhatt
  • @bbrahmbhatt I'm sorry about the unpredictable cycles. I can understand the anxiety.
    @bearmomma1 Jealous of your Disneyland trip! I have yet to go to DL but go to WDW all the time. I will get out there one day!
    @abjm0325 The reminders are so so tough. I'm sorry that you are dealing with that this month. I actually found out the week I was due with July baby that Oct baby didn't make it, so I am right there with you in those awful reminders of what could have been.
    @anniemarie887 I forgot about your Adele tickets! I can't wait to hear what you guys decide to do!

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. MMC/Blighted Ovum July '21 & MMC/Blighted Ovum Feb '22 both led to D&C.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? Had my D&C yesterday. It was a total shitshow from the moment we got to the hospital and I am just so glad that it is all over. I feel okay, just really tired both mentally and physically. I have to report two nurses to the Dr at my follow up next week, so that should be interesting. One of them had no clue why I was there and tried to set me up for an infusion, not my actual procedure, and the other made a very inappropriate/insensitive comment to both DH and I and it was just terrible. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? They were able to get tissue to do genetics testing from the procedure, so we will get those results at my follow up next week.

Questions? Why? (obviously rhetorical.) 

GTKY: Do you have any fun trips planned for this spring or summer? We are going to Jacksonville FL in May for a week and visiting my family down there. While there we are doing two days at Universal. Should be a very fun time! 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

abjm0325bbrahmbhatt
  • @tessiesmom26 oh lady, I’m so sorry. Big big hug. Take it easy. I binged tv in bed for two days after mine.  
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.
    A lot. Big one twins at 13 weeks July 2013. 5 other early losses.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? I finally got my insurance authorization for genetic testing

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Will have that blood work when the clinic calls

Questions? Nope 

GTKY: Do you have any fun trips planned for this spring or summer? We thought about going to the Nickelodeon Resort in Punta Cana but doesn't sound likely now. 
    Spoiler for History 

Me - 30 DH - 32

April 2009 - 8+ week MC
    January 2012 - BFP - DS Born 10/21/2012
    May 2013 - BFP - Twins MMC @ 13 weeks D&C
    Oct 2013 -  BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Dec 2013 -  BFP  DD Born 8/16/14 - Cholestasis at 36+5
    Nov 2016 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Dec 2016 - BFP  DD Born 6/19/17 @ 28+4 Severe Pre-E, IUGR, Cholestasis 
    Nov 2017 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Jan 2017 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    Jan 2019 - BFP MC @ 6 weeks
    DH Vasectomy Aug 2019
    Feb 2022 - TTC #4 with IVF - RPL testing
    Protein C and S Deficiency - Blood Thinners for Treatment - Maybe we don't know!
    June 2022 - IVF - 2 embryos - 1 transfered 6/22/22 - Transfer Failed
    July 2022 - FET

bbrahmbhatt
  • @bbrahmbhatt Sorry your cycle is messing with you. Good luck with your exams!
    @bearmomma1 I’m sorry, that’s frustrating. My bleeding after my latest loss has been very stop and start too. 
    @abjm0325 I’m so sorry, that’s so hard. I hope you’ll still find a way to celebrate your anniversary even in the face of sad times.
    @anniemarie887 That chart is wild. I hope the big O is coming soon! 
    @tessiesmom26 I’m sorry for your loss and that you were not treated with the utmost respect and care that you deserve. 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. Early spontaneous loss Aug 21, MMC and D&C at 11.5 weeks Feb 22

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? It’s been 5 weeks since my D&C, and it’s been 5 weeks of continued positive tests and on and off heavy bleeding. I had an ultrasound last week that suggested retained products. After 4 consecutive betas my OB is convinced that we heading in the right direction and wants a wait and see approach. My numbers are low, but dropping super slowly. I’m grateful to be near the end of this thing, and hoping it will finally be over soon. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Waiting for the results of the RPL panel. 

Questions? No

GTKY: Do you have any fun trips planned for this spring or summer? No, but I am lucky to live in a beach town where other people spend their summer vacations, so staying home has a very vacation vibe to it. 

Also, this is so silly, but I was planning to spend the entire summer in a maternity bathing suit, and I get super sad sometimes about the way pregnancy loss changes all your plans. Obviously not about the bathing suit, just where I thought I would be in July and August. Still restructuring my future in my head I guess. 
  • @abjm0325 those reminders are so tough. I think you should definitely do the trip; you deserve some relaxation and space away.

@anniemarie887 I'm a pathologist. I feel you on the brain is mush, I'm doing board review questions in between my normal workday and bleh my 3pm my brain has given up.

@tessiesmom26 oh I am so, so sorry. The procedure alone is awful enough, but to have someone who is supposed to be caring for you be insensitive is just beyond. 

@maggiemadeit it is hard to think about, when you thought you would be in one place and you end up in another. 
    anniemarie887abjm0325maggiemadeit