July 2022 Moms

GTKY: 3/3

If you could go back in time to 18 year old you, what advice would you give yourself? 
Hubby and Me
Friends since 2008
Started dating: July 1st, 2013
Engaged: July 1st, 2014
Married: July 1st, 2016
R born: July 8th, 2017
N born: June 30th, 2019
Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
(maybe I only ovulate in October XD)

Re: GTKY: 3/3

• Stop being stupid. Then again, I feel like you always go through things for a reason and that’s what makes you who you are. 
  • Oh man. I don’t know if I would really have anything to say to my stubborn 18 year old self lol. I wish I would have realized my love for math and physics before wasting 4.5 years getting a biology degree with a French minor. But without those I wouldn’t have gotten to travel to some placed or done certain things. Maybe I would have told myself to stop being so boy obsessed lol. And to break up with my boyfriend before spending a semester abroad. I’m sure things would have looked much differently now if I had.

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Loading the player...
  • Please don't follow your boyfriend to college. You will miss out on the genuine college experience if you do. 
  • It’s ok to not have a boyfriend, you’ll find a great one later on! (My hubby). Its ok to have guy friends and NOT have a crush on all of them! 🤣 
  • cmhmecmhme member
    @LJMoon6 my stubborn self wouldn't have wanted any advice either!

BUT if she would have listed i would have said.... you dont really like kids... an EARLY education degree really isnt for you! 

LOL and wear the bikini or little dress or midriff shirt... why are you so hard on yourself? You look happy and healthy!
    Our Journey:
    Me: 40
    TTC since 2017
    3/18-9/18- IUI's
    11/18- IVF #1
    1/19- IVF #2
    8/19- DE Cycle #1- 5 PGS tested normal
    9/19- FET #1- SUCCESS! May 2020
    10/21- FET #2- SUCCESS! July 2022
  • I'd say break up with your boyfriend!!! He may be nice now by but he will turn into an abusive jerk who cheats on you with one of his students later! And definitely take the chance to teach in England when you graduate. You won't regret a single second of it plus it will set you up for amazing career opportunities later.
  • I would tell me to appreciate your body for what it is and stop comparing yourself to others around you.  And to hold on because high waisted jeans are coming! Lol
  • I’d say “quit wearing sports bras every damn day! Your boobs are not lopsided and a uniboob is not attractive!”

I mean there’s probably more important advice, but I’d be most likely to listen to the bra advice. 😂 
  • Learn how to budget/manage finances earlier! I grew up without much money, and when I moved away for school I had no idea what I was doing and graduated with HUGE student loans. I really learned budgeting/finance stuff in the last 5 years and now it is a huge part of what I try to teach my students in school. Financial Literacy is so overlooked in the curriculum so I am working hard to try and inspire the kids to start learning as much as they can now before they head out into the world after high school.
  • I would tell myself that I don't need to go away to college. All of my student debt is from my first two years when I went away to a state university and there was no need for that! Stay in the city, do more community college, it'll be fine.
  • @LJMoon6 I have had the same feelings about math/physics - I went ahead and followed my love of Music and spent a long time regretting not studying something more "useful". However, my university years were SO amazing and I am so lucky to have been doing something I enjoyed so much, so I guess you can't really measure that kind of value either. 

I am less bitter about it now that we have paid off our student loans (after selling our last house) While we were under a mountain of debt it definitely bothered me more LOL