July 2022 Moms
Options

March Symptoms

How are you feeling? Physically? Emotionally? Anything new and odd going on in the pregnant body of yours? 🧐

Re: March Symptoms

• Options
    Feeling pretty dang good - finally feel like I'm in my 2nd tri! Also, this kid is a mover and a shaker. And I just had my A/S yesterday and for the first time, I don't have an anterior placenta. Maybe me and DH will actually get to feel this kiddo kick from the outside (hardly ever could get the first two to do it - both of them were anterior placentas). 

How about you @zinnia19 ?
  • Options
    @twentythree19 my kid seems to be on the move a ton too. He'll be kicking and rolling in there for a solid minute at a time. I hope he's a little more chill earthside, but I'm loving all the feelings he gives me right now.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 if my experience counts for anything, how they are in the womb is exactly how they are on the outside. My first was a very active inside baby and he is a wild child on the outside. My second was way more chill and he is still a pretty chilled out kid. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    @twentythree19 I’m feeling good, though I am starting to feel the weight of the bump more so now. Like today at work I felt like I was walking up the stairs so slowly, and it’s harder to stand up or sit down quickly. I tend to be a power walker at work so I just need to slow down and be gentler with myself! 

Starting to feel baby move a bit more, but it’s so subtle that sometimes I second guess it! Our anatomy scan is tomorrow so I’m curious to see where the placenta is, that could definitely be affecting it, as you mentioned!
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    @zinnia19 I said those same words to DH the other day, I tend to quickly jump up from my chair and power walk to where I am going but my body is for sure slowing me down!

I haven’t felt too much movement or I’ve brushed off what I have felt because it’s still so subtle I can’t tell the difference. Although I think I have felt a few actual soft kicks the last few days. Some days I feel the baby is sitting super low and sometimes I feel like baby is sitting high just based on pressure and things. And some times I feel like baby is having a WWE match with my pelvis and she is for sure winning lol

*edit to add after reading that back it’s a ramble but it’s the end of the day and that’s all I’ve got lol
  • Options

@francesgs I was having what I thought were braxton hicks over the weekend. They were coming every 15 minutes or so while I was sitting on the couch so naturally I started to freak out that they were real contractions (not painful at all though). I still don’t really know what they were but they’ve stopped now. I half wonder if it was just LO being super active and I’m just not used to the feeling yet. Idk.

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Options
    @LJMoon6 typically Braxton hicks aren’t consistent. If you poke your stomach and the whole thing is hard and the whole thing is hard, that’s a contraction. (where the uterus is. For now, that’s probably just around and below the belly button) if it’s just baby moving, it won’t be the entire thing. 

That said, every woman is different. My prodromal labor was perfectly timed but the real thing actually wasn’t. Go figure. So totally possible (and normal) for you to have some practice contractions right now 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    oli9oli9 member
    I have to pee so much. Especially if I drink ANYTHING (even a sip of water) past 4pm, I’ll be up all night going back and forth to the bathroom. But I’m so thirsty all the time, it’s hard to cut myself off at 4pm, however if I don’t I’m so miserable all night. 

The struggle.

Also, laying on my left side seems to make the urge to pee 100x’s worse. If I lay on my right side it’s not bad, on my back it’s not bad, but my left side creates pressure on my bladder and I have to immediately get up and go. 
  • Options

@tuxielove93 I never did have any BH with my first, so this is all new to me. I had an anterior placenta with him so I’m half wondering if I have a posterior this time and I’m just feeling movement differently. I remember getting this kind of weird pressure with DS (like he was stretching) but that wasn’t until he was much larger and running out of room. But it definitely feels similar. It starts right around belly button level, so I guess it’s totally possible to be BH or contractions too. Who knows. I shouldn’t have to worry about it unless they come back and are consistent again, and/or get painful.

*TW* TTC history

4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising

• Options
    @LJMoon6 At my ultrasound yesterday, as the sonographer was poking and prodding my belly, he was like “do you feel that mild cramping? Those are Braxton hicks contractions.” He showed me them on the screen. It was weird, I only felt a slight cramping so was surprised to learn those were Braxton hicks! So they are more common (and subtle) than I thought. Definitely makes sense that you’d be having them too. 
  • Options
    I'm doing okay.  Definitely feeling more movements - he felt super strong last week after my workout but mostly it's still somewhat subtle.  i notice them mostly at night but he's been active while i've been at work today. Like someone else said, - sometimes they are by my belly button but this week he's been back hanging out low.
    Otherwise generally doing okay - getting out for more walks and i notice i'm slower - or if i'm not i'll get a little cramping if i'm going too fast for a bit.  Definitely a little more tired and more emotional lately. and HOLY MOLY the vivid dreams about all the most random things
  • Options
    I have an anterior placenta also. I do feel the baby moving though, mostly before bed when I’m still. The baby is also very low, I can relate to the pressure sensation, the back and hip pain At times. Sometimes I feel the pressure a lot and other times nothing at all….. I also have no clue what contractions or Braxton Hicks feels like… I could be having them and wouldn’t know 🤷🏻‍♀️? 
  • Options
    The back and hip pain is killing me. He is sitting really low and I swear I've started to waddle just from how sore I am. I actually saw my belly move last night from a kick which was new! Also in the same boat not knowing if I'd have or would even notice Braxton Hicks.
  • Options
    I've been feeling really good for this entire pregnancy (1st one). My husband and I just had our anatomy scan this past Monday and received great results so we were excited about that. We just put her crib together yesterday and are slowly piecing together the nursery. The Dr. said I am negative in weight, but the baby is fine. I have been sticking to a lot of healthy foods and snacks about 6-8 times throughout the day. I will be at 22 weeks this Sunday, she said that the baby's weight will show a weight gain soon as she gets bigger, but to continue on with what I was doing. I cut a lot of stuff out from reading articles about what is safe and unsafe during pregnancy.
  • Options
    I can't tell if it's my new pregnancy nose or if someone here at work has some REALLY strong perfume. It burns my nose 😓
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    This week I started to feel pressure in my lower back and under my belly. I’ve been coughing a lot and it makes it worse. Some times it’s more of a sharp pain. I’m fine when I lay down but painful and pressure when I stand or walk. Some times it feels like period cramps. I don’t know I might call my OB tomorrow if I’m still in pain 
  • Options
    I've been experiencing a lot of sciatic pain on my right side.  Had a dr appt this week and he gave me the green light to see a chiropractor.   Hoping I can get some relief that way.
  • Options
    @bluepinkgreen that sounds like it might be round ligament pain if it's sharp.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 yes, I just called the Dr’s office and the nurse said it’s common but she said to monitor until later today and if it doesn’t get better to go to the L&D at the hospital to get checked. She doesn’t want us to miss a UTI in case it was that. 
  • Options
    I'm having what I think is round ligament pain. (I think a few of us are by the sounds of it!) 

Has anyone tried a belly support belt type of thing? Debating getting one from Amazon to see if I can get some quick relief. This just started today and I debated a couple of times going to the hospital to get checked out, but it is only when I am switching positions (sitting to standing etc.) and it's ok while staying still. I never had this with my first! Maybe I'll call my doctor tomorrow to check in but jeez 2nd pregnancy symptoms are seeming to be so much more intense!! 
  • Options
    @courtneyqdk That definitely sounds like round ligament to me. And it totally gets worse the more kids you have!! 
    Call anyway to be reassured but I think you’re probably good 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options

@courtneyqdk I was just saying the other day that this second pregnancy has been harder on my body than the first too! Definitely can agree with you there. I have no advice on the round ligament pain but just wanted to say I hope you find some relief soon.

*TW* TTC history

• Options
    @courtneyqdk I’ve had a belly bandit since like week 8. Totally worth it and it works better than the off brand one I got on Amazon last time around.