2/28 Weekly Check-in 8/16-8/31

EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Team:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY- Stm+, what is your #1 must have baby product? Ftm, what is something you’ve been eying?

Re: 2/28 Weekly Check-in 8/16-8/31

• EDD / Weeks + Days: 8/21 / 15+1

Baby is the size of a(n): orange

Team: Green! 

Upcoming Appointments: my next appointment isn’t until March sometime but I just realized the other day that I never got a flu shot, so I’m wondering if I should go back and get one? I think flu season technically goes until like April. 

How are you feeling?: physically, I feel pretty good. I’m tired because I stayed up way too late watching Ozark lol, and I also have bad carpal tunnel lately (which happened last pregnancy too!). Emotionally, I’ve had kind of a hard week. My daughters first birthday is coming up and my husband’s family is giving us a really hard time about our Covid precautions leading up to the party which is giving me a lot of stress. At the beginning of covid, we moved out of the city where we lived and into the suburbs and we haven’t had the opportunity to make friends here because we’ve been pretty isolated due to covid. I have lots of close friends, but they don’t live where we live and texting/calling only does so much, you know? New motherhood + pregnancy + covid all can feel pretty isolating at times. 

Rants/Raves: Rant - My hair gets greasier quicker during pregnancy, it’s so annoying! I normally can get away with washing my hair once a week, but during pregnancy I def have to wash it more often than that. Rave - A local mom group near me posted that Target is going to start adding Starbucks + returns to their drive up orders!!! I utilize the Target drive up option on the regular for diapers and other baby items, so I am realllyyyy excited I will be able to grab a latte at the same time and do any returns I need to do without getting out of the car 🙌🏼

Questions: Any suggestions for a birthday present for a 1 year old boy? My friend’s son just turned 1 and I need to send a gift, but I know he already received a lot of gifts, so I’m trying to think outside of the box a little so I can give him something he didn’t already get from someone else. Ideal price range would be $50-$75. 

GTKY- Stm+, what is your #1 must have baby product? Ftm, what is something you’ve been eying? Well, I already sang the praises of the Snoo in another thread haha (truly my #1 baby product recommendation) so I’ll say some other baby products I really loved were my portable Rohm sound machine (it was great for car rides, on the go naps) and the Mam glow in the dark pacifiers (great for middle of the night when you don’t want to turn the lights on, easy to find!) Oh and the Fisher price kick and play piano - my daughter was obsessed with that from the newborn stage through like 6 months, it was magical!! 

• EDD / Weeks + Days: Due 8/22/22

Baby is the size of a(n): box of crayons

Team: Green until today hopefully

Upcoming Appointments: 5 minutes!

How are you feeling?: great

Rants/Raves: energy levels are back up,  heartburn sucks

Questions:
    None yet

• Loading the player...
  • coco2787coco2787 member
    edited February 2022
    @twizzleraddict1 ok that Target drive up situation sounds amazing. Curbside pick up is definitely the best thing to come out of this pandemic. We loved the kick n play piano here too, of course I sold it last year because we were done having babies 🤦🏻‍♀️

As far as a gift, maybe a Wobbel board? The name brand version is a little more than your price range but there are cheaper versions that are basically the same thing. 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • wine_mama_03wine_mama_03 member
    edited February 2022
    I swear everyone I know with kids has that kick and play piano and the babies love it! It is definitely on our list!

Edit - I wish it came in a woodland creatures version with the piano. I saw a mat and arch woodland one from Fisher Price, but it doesn't have the piano. Wonder if I can find a kick piano separately? But really will anyone besides me care that it's zoo themed instead of woodland? Probably not.
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 

31 August / 14ish weeks

Baby is the size of a(n):

Chicken McNugget

Team:

💝//still want to confirm with the anatomy scan

Upcoming Appointments: 

Cervix Check/in Depth ultrasound 10 March

At Home Ultrasound with my kids 11 March

Anatomy Scan 31 March

How are you feeling?: Today is Just a rough day. I think the extra doses of Zofran from me being so sick last week for a couple of days is catching up with me because I have cramps and just feel gross  😒

Rants/Raves: MH took me for Olive Garden yesterday and it was everything I wanted it to be  I ate like an entire bowl of salad and a few breadsticks and brought home 80% of my spaghetti for dinner tonight 🤣 I have been craving their salad.

Questions: NA

GTKY- Stm+, what is your #1 must have baby product? Ftm, what is something you’ve been eying?

Ringsling. 

Tags coming next. 

• thank you for the suggestions! @coco2787 @mdfarmchick (we do the lovery subscription box for our daughter - that’s a great idea, I also think there is an Amex offer for lovery right now too, I love a good deal lol)

@fromfurmomtobabymom8-2 haha yes you are probably the only one that will notice the difference. We had several play mats for our daughter which kind of seemed like overkill in the beginning but then actually ended up being amazing because we kept one in the nursery, one in the living room, one in our bedroom, etc. never had to move them around with us. So we had the lovery one, a pretty one from PBK, and the piano mat. 

• EDD / Weeks + Days: 8/18, 15w 4d

Baby is the size of a(n): navel orange 

Team: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: this Thursday!

How are you feeling?: intermittent nausea still, but aversions are just about gone. I can actually use my kitchen again! (It's been like 10 weeks...)

Rants/Raves: RAVE - spent like a solid 6 hours deep cleaning my kitchen this weekend. RANT - probably should have spread out my time better, because the rest of my house is a disaster 🙃 

Questions: none

GTKY- Stm+, what is your #1 must have baby product? Ftm, what is something you’ve been eying? Pacifiers!

• In reverse order!

@malloryfrommn I’m so glad the aversions are leaving. I thought mine were going, but I ordered a pizza last night and between ordering it and getting it home I went from YUM to NOPE. But thanks to you I know there is hope for me in the future!

@mdfarmchick I am jealous of the quantity of U/S you have coming up. I’m sorry you’re having a rough day today though!

@knottie heartburn DOES suck. I hate Tums but you bet I got MH to buy me some while he was out one day last week because heartburn is worse than Tums. Please change your username so we can get to know you!

@twizzleraddict1 I’m sorry you’re feeling isolated. That’s definitely not a fun feeling. I wish I had suggestions for your one-year-old friend! I usually go with the “fun-ducational” stuff, like grocery shopping or count with me or something. I am not the fun aunt 😂

EDD / Weeks + Days: 8/30 - 13w6d 

Baby is the size of a(n): “fit on a can of tuna” size!

Team: 💙💙💙

Upcoming Appointments: not til April 6th

How are you feeling?: I dunno, today’s been weird. I’ve been kinda low-key crampy and ickish today and I don’t know why. But tomorrow is second tri, so it will all be good!

Rants/Raves: We bought appliances this weekend! Our fridge will be delivered Saturday, which is GREAT since I don’t currently trust my fridge as far as I can throw it, and the dishwasher, range, and microwave will be delivered on April 16th. And the devil car was under warranty, which means it saved me $773! Get the warranty, kids. It’s worth it.

Rant: on Sunday MH leaves for a week in Orlando/Kissimmee area. I will pout and probably cry (I did the last time he was gone for a week), but it will be okay. I will watch all the tv he hates. 

Questions: ???

GTKY- Stm+, what is your #1 must have baby product? Ftm, what is something you’ve been eying? …I saw a pacifier with a mustache on it in Cracker Barrel this weekend? I’ll be honest, I’m kind of completely lost. I don’t even know what I don’t know. But I will say that the new dishwasher we got has four dedicated bottle jets and that was the deciding factor. 

• Thanks 💞 @mangoandguava congrats to you and your new appliances! Haha, and early congrats on second tri 🎉
  • @mangoandguava yay for a new fridge! What did you get?? I’m dreaming of new appliances one day. Also sorry to the icky and the crampy. I felt the same and our due dates are one day apart. I’d be jealous if MH was going to Orlando without me. Hello Disney? Lol. Only in 2019… not today’s Disney. 🙄
  • @bridgiebee82 I FEEL you with being overwhelmed with everything shopping wise, but I couldn't imagine twins!! Clothes really overwhelm me. Like I'm not a clothes person myself so its hard to know how much I need for such a little person. 

My advice, if you are seeking any, would be to start your registry (if that's a route you want to go) and go through one section of the checklist at a time. Like feeding - then you can focus on the just the research of the bottles, breastmilk storage, etc. Then, the next day tackle furniture, etc. Take it one step at a time! That helped me tremendously. I also made the registries private so I could think about more prodcuts before people found it (I've had a few already searching for it!). 
  • @bridgiebee82 I think 16 weeks is too early. My MFM likes to do the anatomy scan between 18 and 22 weeks. 

I am not having twins but I can say that when I was feeling overwhelmed with everything as a FTM, that I found Lucie’s List a huge help! I’m sure you’ve already been on there, but I would start here: https://www.lucieslist.com/ages-stages/twins/
  • @ambelance I echo what others have said about the Hatch, we love ours and it is useful even after the baby phase! I had a labor gown from Kindred Bravely w/ the full Velcro down the back and I really loved it, I wore it the entire hospital stay, after the birth and all, and it was great for breastfeeding and quick opening for a nurse or to cover when a random person was coming in to change the trash haha. 
  • @brittanynmorris I haven’t noticed or really had bad acne in this or any of my pregnancies but I did find myself really enjoying and needing to do a DIY facial last weekend. Maybe you can find a recipe that covers your type of breakout? I am pretty useless about beauty stuff; I don’t even wear make up 🤣
  • @ambelance I highly recommend being comfortable while in labor, especially in the hospital. I have used my own gown with all three boys and have zero regrets. We also love our hatches. I have two right now. The okay to wake function is my favorite function for my big kids. Also, I feel you on the pouting. My MIL and SIL pouted the same way with the first two, insisting that if we knew, we should tell them. 🙄🙄🙄 I have no regrets having a month or so where just MH and I know. And everyone else will deal with the not knowing. 
  • @mdfarmchick That's a good idea, maybe I'll try that this weekend. I've been a non-makeup wearer ever since masks became a thing, but I know I struggled with mascne as well. Masks are optional where I live (including schools as of today) but I plan on keeping mine on just for safety for now but also to hide the acne. HA! 

Also, is the okay to wake function in the regular Hatch or is that the plus (more $$$) version?
  • wine_mama_03wine_mama_03 member
    edited March 2022
    @pastabilities I specifically want a Pittsburgh Penguins penguin pacifier. Usually part of the proceeds go to charity too, so hoping my family or friends gets it for us. I keep joking that with us being team green that Penguin stuff is gender neutral! 

https://www.nhl.com/penguins/news/penguins-foundation-guentzel-give-back-to-upmc-childrens-hospital/c-319759722 
  • @brittanynmorris just the regular Hatch is all I have. 😁

@buffythevampireslayer I hope your work week flies by and that you have a great appointment Friday!

@fromfurmomtobabymom8-2 maybe they don’t stay at your house and they don’t stay more than 4 or 5 days?? It’s hard to have ILs visiting especially when I am trying to figure out nursing. 

• EDD / Weeks + Days: 15 weeks +1 day

Baby is the size of a(n):orange

Team: finding out at AS

Upcoming Appointments: 03/04

How are you feeling?: still feeling pretty tired and still having a good bit of nausea. My anxiety is becoming a lot. Planning  on talking with my doctors about it. 

Rants/Raves: rant- my husband is driving me crazy. He has less than helpful during this pregnancy so far. I have asked him for help and it’s like he doesn’t care. 

GTKY- Stm+, what is your #1 must have baby product?  My travel system was a life saver with both kids 

• EDD / Weeks + Days: 15+3 / Aug 20

Baby is the size of a(n): Newborn baby bottle??!!

Team: Green

Upcoming Appointments: 1st OB appointment next week. Virtual appointment with my naturopath tomorrow to see if we can get my iron up. 

How are you feeling?: Hungry - lol a lot and very tired. Also the heartburn is back with a vengeance. 

Rants/Raves: Maybe this is mean but we just found out that my in-laws who live with us are going to be away from end of July to end of September which means we can adjust to being a family of 4 without “help” or advice 😐

Questions:

STM - I LOVED my baby carriers. I used a KTan in the beginning and then transitioned to a Tula. My daughter had reflux so she preferred to be upright and this meant I could be relatively hands free. I am eyeing a ring sling this time around.

• mrswin1207mrswin1207 member
    edited March 2022
    @babybellsmommie @buffythevampireslayer add me to the very anxious club…

@fromfurmomtobabymom8-2 I agree with they probably plan to stay somewhere other than your house and keep it to a few days at a time for each “group”. If it were me I would ask them to wait until at least a week or so after the baby arrives before coming to give you some time to figure out nursing and get over the initial post labour/delivery exhaustion! 
    That pacifier is too cute!
  • @ambelance 🤦‍♀️ I’m sure they can manage to find plenty of things to buy that are gender neutral! 

@pastabilities glad you are feeling better - the flu is no fun.

@bridgiebee82 don’t worry about not knowing what you need/ want yet. Truthfully those first few weeks as long as you have car seats, some clothes and diapers and a safe sleeping space for everyone that’s all you really need. I agree with the other poster who said just to slowly work your way through some various lists and deal with the critical items first. 
  • @mangoandguava I think WubbaNub makes them without the logo too.
    Also, I think I got tagged instead of @pastabilities in regards to rotating family visitors.
  • meagan822meagan822 member
    edited March 2022
    Due August 31st! 14 Weeks! 

Baby is the size of a peach! 🍑 

It’s a BOY!!💙

Regular Checkup on March 15th!

I’m feeling good and very excited! We have a few more friends to announce to, before posting the news this weekend. Everyone is so excited. It’s everyone’s first Great-grandbaby, grandbaby, and nephew! I’ve gotten sick a couple times these last couple weeks, but otherwise my nausea is only coming in a couple waves or so a day. 

I’m eyeballing so many things.🤣 I already completed my registry, because I’d been saving moms’ recommendations through the years to lists, and then everyone was excited to get it! A few things I’m so excited about include the Mory June Moses Bag, Silicone wrapped glass baby bottles (I’m trying to use minimal plastics,) the Newton Baby Mattress, and Wellements Organic Drops. And Earth Mama Perineal spray for me! Take care of yourself and don’t be afraid to put a few things for you on the registry, such as sitz baths or face masks or postpartum tea! Here is something for each hubby and I to make skin to skin easier at the hospital, while having the comfort of some clothes!
    DadWare Bondaroo Skin to Skin Kangaroo Care Bonding tee Shirt for New New Dad https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0762YDHVH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_CV4SRVS2BFEA6BFQSYG4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 

100% Cotton Labor and Delivery Gown, Hospital Gown for Newborn Picture, Nursing Clothes https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q9L79XC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_4Q3G3JC9BZKP1N21EA3J?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• @bridgiebee82 Don't let registry making/shopping feel overwhelming. There is no reason you HAVE to have a single item purchased right now. You have 6 months to figure things out. Also don’t feel like you’re supposed to have everything every registry recommends! They want you to spend. Babies only need a few things to survive, and when they are here, you can pick up additional things that seem useful at that point. Several things they can’t even use until 6 months or more, so I’m NOT focusing on high chairs, bouncers, walkers, etc right now. If you are thinking a lot about bottles one day, research the best, or better yet, get one of a few different brands instead of a big set! Babies will let you know what they need. YouTube may help you feel less overwhelmed. There are videos on parenting with minimal products and everything! Just know you don’t need everything people will tell you are must haves. Maybe write down on paper “Things to buy before baby comes/put on registry” and “Things I don’t need/don’t need to think about getting before they are here/older” Every time you research an item/add it to the registry, you can mark it off. Additionally someone will have a complaint for every object, even the best. We all try to get the best baby product, but they don’t all have to be #1, just safe and applicable to our parenting!

@fromfurmomtobabymom8-2 Ooh I just showed that to my husband! We may have to get that!🤣 You may like these I saved too! 
    Baby Fanatic Nhl Legacy Infant Gift Set, Pittsburgh Penguin Alternate, 2Piece Set (Bib & PRE-Walkers) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L6X2976/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_HWF0Q9ZV29D4JWXMJGSX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
  • @meagan822 OMG those shoes! I know baby shoes are totally unnecessary, but if our baby had just one pair, these would be them! 
    Excited Baby GIFs  Tenor
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 15w, 5d

Baby is the size of a(n): apple

Team: green

Upcoming Appointments: 16w next week

How are you feeling?: not bad. i'm kind of dragging by the end of the day, though.

Rants/Raves: just mega-stressed. we're considering trying to move before the baby comes, as we've long ago outgrown our house, but it's a lot to manage AND the market is still insanely high with extremely low inventory. we'd also have to move at least 20 minutes away because we're now priced out of the city we live in if we want to upgrade. also unsure about my job and whether to quit before baby or do a maternity leave but then have to come back for a few months. i am a real type A planner so all the uncertainties are just making me nuts.

Questions:

i use carriers (baby k'tan and ring sling) a LOT in the early months for trying to get anything done around the house and also when out and about with the other kids.

• Anyone else still around that doesn’t “qualify” for the private group? Should we do a March check in? 
  • You should be able to make a thread, I still hang out here but I generally pop on during work lulls so I don't start new threads