edited February 2022 in August 2022 Moms

EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Team:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY- Stm+, what is your #1 must have baby product? Ftm, what is something you’ve been eying?

Re: 2/28 Weekly Check-in 8/1-8/15

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @paytonpedro so fun! Where are you going on vacation? I’m living vicariously through everyone else and their vacations right now haha. 
  • Options
    wine_mama_03wine_mama_03 member
    edited February 2022

EDD / Weeks + Days: Due 8/2, will be 18 weeks tomorrow!

Baby is the size of a(n): Sweet Potato (although over the weekend I read some Bump facts, and enjoyed that the baby is as heavy as a hockey puck and as long as a Snickers bar, which greatly amused my grandma!)

Team: Green

Upcoming Appointments: Nothing until the anatomy scan on 3/16

How are you feeling?: Feeling less emotional than last week, so good!

Rants/Raves: I don't know how I'm going to hold out until our shower in June to not buy things. I constantly feel like I need to be preparing somehow, so this weekend I got into reading. I'm enjoying the Emily Oster books right now. I like how she lays out the research and leaves it open for you to make your own decision.

Questions: Any other good reads out there? Or training courses? I saw something recently on introducing your dog to your baby.

GTKY- Stm+, what is your #1 must have baby product? Ftm, what is something you’ve been eying?: At the moment for me, it's all things nursery related, furniture, décor, everything. 

• Options
    Adding a must-have that I already own (read through the GTKY quickly and didn't realize the two questions were separate for FTM and STM+):

A brightly colored playmat like this Baby Einstein one (link in spoiler) was definitely a must-have for us. #1 played in it for like 11 months (first lying down, then sitting up). #2 used it for less time because he learned to crawl early, but still loved it for about 7-8 months. I must emphasize the bright colors, though. There are fancy ones in neutral colors, but they're just not that interesting for babies.

• Options
    @twizzleraddict1 FL for a week and Disney world for a week. 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro so jealous, have so much fun! I’m obsessed with Disney and it was so fun sharing it with my daughter for the first time a few months ago. My mom is a snow bird and we spent a few weeks in Naples with her as well. Hope you have beautiful weather! 
  • Options
    @tmartin014 omg so true on the burp cloths! We had a “happy spitter” and lord, the laundry 😩 I purchased A LOT of the Burt’s bees 5 packs of burp cloths haha. 
  • Options
    @starkette I also don't get the cute bump. Just totally round everywhere, including my face (WTF?). We are such cute pregnant people with the roundness and sniffles.
  • Options
    @wisewitch222 @starkette I don't think I understand what a cute bump is. I've been told I have one, but I disagree. My butt and bump are almost at the same height visually, so right now it just adds to the pear shape. We're probably being too hard on ourselves though. What's inside that bump is what will be cute!
  • Options
    Sending all the healing vibes your son’s way! 💕 @and_peggy
  • Options
    @and_peggy keeping you & your son in my thoughts this week. I really hope everything goes smoothly on Wednesday. <3
  • Options
    @fromfurmomtobabymom8-2 Cute bumps are those things that people with long torsos get, where there's a protuberance where the baby is and the rest of their body stays the same with the same proportions. 

@and_peggy Hoping for a smooth surgery!
  • Options
    Thinking of you and your family this week @and_peggy. Also your note about the bassinet for having a safe space with pets in the room has me rethinking that we should have one now.
  • Options

EDD / Weeks + Days:  8/10

Baby is the size of a(n): Newborn hat

Team: Blue 

Upcoming Appointments:  Elective US tomorrow. OB follow up 3/7 AS 3/17 

How are you feeling?: Relatively good. After taking some good advice I’ve started to relax a little bit more  

Rants/Raves:  Rave: I’m getting all the feel good emotions with buying NB clothing again 🥺

Questions: None 

GTKY- Stm+, what is your #1 must have baby product? Ftm, what is something you’ve been eying?

The Baby Shusher. I was a lifesaver with DD! I know it’s $35 but it’s worth every penny. Also the hatch DD loves it and it helped when she became afraid of the dark around 2

• Options
    @fuzzywombat ok the hatch sound machine is sweet!!! I loved it! I would still be using it if ds2 didn’t break it, like everything else 🙄🙄 im absolutely thinking about getting another for this baby. 
  • Options
    Thanks y’all! I will keep you posted.

@fromfurmomtobabymom8-2 I don’t think you have to have a bassinet specifically. I haven’t had one for any of them. I scored one on Nextdoor for cheap yesterday but I got along without one for 4 kids. But I definitely can’t just put them on the floor or they’ll get trampled. So you have options. I have used a lightweight swing that I carry from room to room.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    I definitely registered for a Pack N Play because I know I'll have to put at least one of the babies down, and I really don't trust the chihuahua around kids. I've only ever seen her around kids aged 4-10 and they have not all been good interactions. Maybe it'll be different because they're babies, but I know I still need to be careful.
  • Options
    @bridgiebee82 same! I know it doesn't help you with twins, but I was liking the Graco one that has a bassinet and changing pad top option. That way we have options without having to buy a bunch of extra things, especially since I still don't know if we will want our baby in our room initially or not. Although that might also depend on if/when Cora starts sleeping in our bed instead of her kennel because we would likely need to swap the kennel for the pack n play.
  • Options
    @fromfurmomtobabymom8-2 that's actually the Pack & Play I was looking at. It was super helpful for my friend Brandi. I know I can remove the changing pad top if I need to. And I don't think having both babies in the pack n play at the same time will be a big issue for me while they're still small.
  • Options
    +1 for pack & play!

If you travel at all, the pack & play is essential! DD2 still sleeps in one when we travel back and forth to her appointments out of state or to visit family. Very handy. Loved the one with the bassinet and changing pad on top, too. I had one downstairs and her real bassinet upstairs, so I always had a place to put her.
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 8.12, 16w 6D

Baby is the size of a(n): Newborn hat

Team: Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy scan 3/18, can’t wait!!!

How are you feeling? Been rough with the hubby but we are figuring it out. Need to get my mental health together, but my body is feeling better than it did before.

Rants/Raves: Rant: I am kind of showing but kind of not and I need new leggings bc none of my pants fit, but maternity doesn’t either!!

Questions: when does the bump show? When will I feel him?

I really haven’t been eyeing anything quite yet. I bought some cute clothes but I’m slacking on my research
  • Options
    Hey knottie <3 is this your first? Everyone is different in regards to the bump showing. With my first, I didn't really show until after 20 weeks...more like 25-27 weeks. I felt bloated and like I had a big lunch, but I didn't have a round bump until way later. Then I blew up in the third trimester. The last few weeks, I got huge and forgot what it was like to not be huge. Trust me, there's plenty of time. As for feeling kicks, with my first it was between 18 and 22 weeks. With my second, it was earlier. Flutters around 16 weeks and strong kicks at 18. This is my third and I'm at 17 weeks and feel flutters and pressure like he's pushing close to the front of my uterus. I should be feeling more, soon. It happens suddenly. 
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: August 5 / 17+4

Baby is the size of a(n): Onion or Pomegranate

Team: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: My monthly checkup is tomorrow, 20 week ultrasound is this month, too.

How are you feeling?: Overwhelmed, I just started a new job, been feeling like I don't belong in my group of friends anymore, and struggling to figure out if I'm just tired or depressed.

Rants/Raves: I'm feeling down because so far I've struggled to feel like my pregnancy is actually happening. My belly is starting to show but I'm fat so it just looks like I've gotten fatter. The closest I've come to really feeling pregnant was when I felt my baby's first flutters, but they're so inconsistent (and I'm overweight) that I wonder if I'm just imagining things. It makes it hard not to worry something is wrong too, because I just don't know what to expect, and through my pregnancy I've had zero major symptoms aside from my breasts hurting. I have no friends who are mothers either, so I have had no one to talk to. I just started a new job and got new insurance that doesn't cover my current OBGYN too, so I'm very stressed that halfway thorough my pregnancy I now have to get established with someone new. :(

Questions: Nothing really.

GTKY- Ftm, what is something you’ve been eying? Honestly, there's so much stuff out there I have no idea what is really needed and what's just convenient. I've just been casually browsing everything.
  • Options
    @bunnywashere I'm so sorry you feel so isolated. I can understand that feeling. Being pregnant and already bigger makes it hard to celebrate my bump too. I just feel like I'm getting fatter, no real bump to show. We are here for you and my inbox is open if you need to chat. 💗
  • Options
    @dimeadozen YES the owlet is awesome. We had the Angel Care monitor with DD1 (definitely recommend) and the owlet with DD2...of course because of coming home on O2 and having a hospital grade pulse ox, I didn't need it until she got bigger and moved more at night. The pulse ox sucks when there's too much movement. It freaks out at the tiniest thing. So we switched (felt comfortable because she never dipped in O2 at night before and was on such a low amount we weren't too worried about inaccurate readings) and it was fantastic. 

@bunnywashere I feel ya, there's this weird limbo area after the first trimester and the nausea abates and the third trimester when you feel kicks and get a bigger belly. The second trimester is just...a grey area. Some days I don't even feel pregnant. And then I have days like today where my body reminds me very clearly that I'm pregnant (threw up my breakfast). But trust me, this is my third baby and once you start really showing and feel kicks it feels like you've been pregnant for an eternity.