Weekly Check In - w/o 2/28

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Favorite fast food item/place?

Re: Weekly Check In - w/o 2/28

• Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 30w2d, May 7

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4th

Upcoming Appointments: Wednesday for a genera OB check - first of my every 2 week visits!

How are you feeling?: tired. Hungry but also nauseous so that’s cool

Rants/Raves: rant: insomnia can go suck a big fat one. So can anxiety. Seriously, I’ve been more anxious this pregnancy than I ever have in my life and it sucks. Been spending lottttts of time praying and reminding myself of how irrational I’m being
    rave: DH and I actually got a weekend to ourselves for the most part! ILs took DS overnight and my parents took DD1&2 the same night, so while I wasn’t feeling my best this weekend, I still got to go on an actual date with DH

Questions: 

GTKY: Favorite fast food item/place? Ummm probably Chick-fil-a but fast food has been not my thing this pregnancy, I can always go for their ice cream though. Also, bojangles. Or Cookout (a local chain that is ahhhmazing) for milkshakes and hush puppies 
  • Options
    b_1029b_1029 member
    edited February 2022
    @skc040512 that’s great you got some time to yourselves!

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/19, 28+4

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming Appointments: glucose test Wednesday 

How are you feeling?: hips are killing me while trying to sleep but otherwise ok. Nervous about the glucose test!

Rants/Raves: we had a semi productive weekend, by our standards at least since we usually do nothing. It feels good to have started on the nursery even though we’re like 10% done 😆 my rant is my typical grumbling about not sleeping and being sore. Plus Monday. 

Questions: nope

GTKY: Favorite fast food item/place? Hmmm probably Panera if that counts, Chick-fil-A, and McDonald’s while on road trips 

edited bc I got ahead of myself in weeks 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @skc040512 I love cookout! My husband hates it, but it was definitely the best my first couple years of college and we only had $5 to make stretch!

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 30 weeks

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments: Wellness visit 3/14

How are you feeling?: My body is starting to feel the weight of carrying this baby, for sure!

Rants/Raves:
     Rant: but my fault lol? Our shower is this weekend, and I mindlessly set it the day before my wedding anniversery. My MILkept asking me if we was going out of town and I asked her why in the world would I be going out of town this weekend? Well, my husband had to remind me about our own anniversary lol. I felt so bad! I totally blanked between getting things ready for the shower and getting our house together so my family traveling from out of town can stay with us (5 people coming in) I didn't even think about anything else this weekend. 
    Rave: My husband has seemed to totally accept my pregnancy brain and apparently has already planned a sweet little surprise, so this eve I have got to go get him some anniversary specials because I feel soooo guilty for dropping the ball this year!!

Questions: None atm.

Currently, McDonalds BigMac.
    Usually, Raising Canes or Chick-fil-a!
  • Options
    pajamstagramspajamstagrams member
    edited February 2022
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/16, 29 wks

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Upcoming Appointments: PT this week, already on biweekly OB appointments! 😱

How are you feeling?: PGP is seriously the worst. It's worse than last week. Thankfully I have weekly PT set up, and we might go to 2x week if I'm having this many issues. 

Also definitely feeling like this kid already weights ALMOST FOUR POUNDS. geez. 

Rants/Raves: mentioned this in the nursery thread, but rave: DH finished painting! Rant: whoops, there's paint all over the carpet lol. I knew we were going to have larger spills, did not think the little drops would soak through. Oh well lol. 

Questions: nope

GTKY: Favorite fast food item/place? Chipotle. I don't like fast food in general (except chick fil a waffle fries), plus having Celiac you just get used to not eating at them. But Chipotle is so easy to get GF, and an easy quick meal. I just don't get romaine lettuce while pregnant 😂 the multiple romaine recalls with DD have kinda scared me from eating salads lol. 
  • Options
    @skc040512 my anxiety is bad this pregnancy too! It's awful. 

@b_1029 good luck with your glucose test!!

@sph97 pregnancy brain is so real. It's the worst. Glad your husband understands! Happy anniversary!! 
  • Options
    May 29  27+1
    FTM/STM/TTM+:
    TTM
    Upcoming Appointments:
    today! Routine 2w appt
    How are you feeling?:
    I have felt really good for these last weeks, I think I might be starting to slow down. 
    Rants/Raves: 
    Rave: My kids are out of school this week for Mardi Gras break and I’m excited to just hang out and chill with them. 
    Rant: My kids are out of school this week for Mardi Gras break and I’m not looking forward to how many times I’m going to get asked for a snack or have to nag them to pick up after themselves. 😂
    I don’t eat fast food much anymore but when I do - totally some CFA or Cane’s!!! 

• Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/6, 30+3

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday, my first biweekly 

How are you feeling?: My belly, low back and hips get really sore when I do things like shampoo the carpet, but day to day I’m really happy with how good I still feel. It’s completely different than where I was at when I was pregnant with #2. 

Rants/Raves: My 6yo is really getting in to helping me with chores and my 3yo is constantly asking me how the baby sister is doing 😍 they are the highlights of every day

Questions: 

It seems like every time I’ve been pregnant it’s a Baconator from Wendy’s. I have actually gone through McD’s for the girls and then Wendy’s for my own baconator 🙈 When I’m not pregnant I would rather get a sub or a sandwich (Subway, Schlotzsky’s, JJ’s)
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 28+2

FTM/STM/TTM+: 2nd

Upcoming Appointments: next Tuesday OB and next Thursday MFM

How are you feeling?: Good-ish. I feel so much better this pregnancy than last but it’s all starting to catch up. If I try to do too much by back and hips certainly start to make themselves known.  I’m also waking up quite a bit at night with hip pain. I sooooo miss stomach sleeping. 

Rants/Raves: now that the weather is starting to warm up I’m so ready for spring / May to get here!  It feels like we are getting so close but still so far away sometimes too!  

Questions: none now 

GTKY: Favorite fast food item/place for now CFA. But as soon as I’m not pregnant I’ll be going nowhere other than places I can get a cold Turkey sub. I. Cannot. Wait. 
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/23, 28w

FTM/STM/TTM+: #3

Upcoming Appointments: Not until 32w. I did go to the chiropractor this morning though 

How are you feeling?: Overall pretty good, but my back and lower stomach are really starting to get sore. It feels too early for this!

Rants/Raves: My husband is in the process of applying fir a new job that would really help us out financially. The trade off is long hours and he’d start right when I’m due 

Questions: 

GTKY: Favorite fast food item/place? JJ’s or Wendy’s. We get chipotle a fair amount at work and it’s definitely grown on me 
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/4, 30w5d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments: Just had one today and then back in 2 weeks! Scheduled out my weekly appts for April today after my appointment. I can't believe how close our babies are to getting here 😬

How are you feeling?: REALLY feeling the third trimester. All of the heartburn, lack of sleep, headaches, restless legs, just overall blah feeling.

Rants/Raves: 
    Rant: Nightly headaches + restless leg when laying in bed are not helping the sleep situation. I did order some 8Sheep lotion, which I'm hoping helps!
    Rave: LO let me sleep in this weekend or my body was so tired I slept through his rolling. We did nothing all weekend but sit on the couch and it was exactly what I needed.  

Questions:  None

GTKY: Favorite fast food item/place? I love a whopper from BK. I typically only get one if I'm really hungover, but it's my go-to guilty pleasure when it comes to fast food. 
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/9 - 30w today

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4th & 5th time

Upcoming Appointments: Friday, with my midwife

How are you feeling?: Over it, grumpy, sore. I'm getting really frustrated with the fact that my body just can't do the things I want it to do. Morning sickness has returned as well sooo cool. 

Rants/Raves:  Rant: my in-laws are so insensitive to me and I just can't stand to be around them anymore. Worst comment of the weekend: "I think he should dump her ass and find a woman who will give him boys" -FIL... umm?!
    Rave: We got our bedroom cleaned up and are getting the carpet cleaned this week. It makes such a difference in me feeling better about bringing babies 

Questions: None

GTKY: Favorite fast food item/place?: McDonalds is my favorite, as much as I wish it wasn't. I still eat chicken nuggets just like when I was a kid  :D 
    Married 11.12.11
    JB 08.02.13 
    EC 12.11.15
    GE 04.04.19
    #4 & #5 due 05.05.22
  • Options
    @karisahamdi seconded for the nightly headaches and restless legs! Seriously, it’s been one of the WORST symptoms I’ve had and ends up making me so freaking uncomfortable. I’m trying to drink more throughout the day and go to bed earlier but still. Solidarity

@jackdetroit Sounds like FIL has some issues and is lucky he didn’t get slapped. So sorry you’re having to deal with rude family right now when you already feel so done!
  • Options
    @jackdetroit ummmm wtaf? I can’t believe that was even said. He knows that the man determines the sex of the baby, right? 
  • Options
    @jackdetroit excuse me, what?!!?! How rude!! Also, @b_1029 is exactly right, male determines sex 🤔🤔🙄
  • Options
    @karisahamdi Have you had your iron checked lately? Supposedly anemia can lead to restless leg and insomnia, as well as feeling blah. 
  • Options
    tango_612tango_612 member
    edited March 2022
    @jackdetroit umm, what?!  That is so rude! I'm sorry you had to hear that. 

@laketide I totally relate to the feeling that May/spring is so close, yet so far away!  

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/30, 27weeks, 0 days

FTM/STM/TTM+:  STM

Upcoming Appointments: Next week for check-in with midwives and glucose test

How are you feeling?:  Physically, pretty good but I'm definitely starting to slow down. I get tired and sore from doing what feels like normal activities. It seems too early for this, though! Mentally, I feel like I'm so hormonal and emotional.  

Rants/Raves: Rant-  Family issues and drama came up from both sides of our families last week.  I don't need to go into the details here but that pretty much consumed our energy, which is why I was quiet here last week.   Oh, and DD is home sick with a fever today.  Fingers crossed I don't pick up whatever she has!  Rave - The days are getting longer and the weather is getting warmer!  It's been the pick me up I needed this week.  :)

Questions: Nothing this week. 

GTKY: Favorite fast food item/place?  Fast food is tricky since I'm gluten free, so Culver's is usually my go-to.
  • Options
    Ohhhh @jackdetroit. He sounds like a total douchecanoe!!!! 

• Options
    @brookejay06 oh interesting!! My blood work last time showed I was borderline anemic. I started to introduce more iron rich food into my diet, but I'm going to mention that to my midwife next time to see if I should try an additional supplement too. 
  • Options
    sph97sph97 member
    @karisahamdi cook in cast iron! It will help as well, plus clean up is super easy. We cook everything in our cast iron lol. Just keep in mind they hold heat so things will cook a bit faster! 
  • Options
    May 28th - 27 weeks, 2 days

FTM/STM/TTM+:
    STM

Upcoming Appointments:
    None right now. Hoping to get accepted by one of the area hospitals. The closest one said they were full and couldn’t take me on. Waiting to hear back from the next. Worst case, I can see my family doctor for another checkup in 4 weeks. I’m hoping one of the hospital OBs has room though, otherwise I wonder what the protocol is if I don’t get an OB… do I just show up in labour at a hospital and park myself on the doorstep? 😂

How are you feeling?:
    It’s been a really tough week so I’ve been pretty emotional and tired.

Rants/Raves:
    I don’t know what has been in the air this past week but I have had unexpected drama and issues with both a family member and a friend. And of course it was on the anniversary of my dad’s passing, which neither of them realized. By Sunday night I was just feeling completely overwhelmed and defeated, and done with people in general. DH was incredibly supportive though and did everything he could to make me feel better… even he couldn’t believe their behaviour.

Questions:

It’s been Harvey’s this pregnancy. I hardly ever want to eat burgers, but can’t seem to get enough of them this time around.
  • Options
    @fireflyz_56 I imagine worst case scenario you can just show up at the hospital. Hopefully you find an OB soon!

I'm sorry your week was so stressful ♥️ hopefully you can get some time to recharge soon. 

@tango_612 oooh 🤞🤞🤞 I always panic when DD has a cold/virus now. Hopefully you'll stay well!
  • Options
    Huge hugs to you @fireflyz_56!! That’s a LOT to deal with right now. 💜💜💜

• Options
    I’m sorry @fireflyz_56 ❤️ 
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 31w2d

Upcoming Appointments:n Tomorrow! And I hope the next one is 2 weeks out and not 3 like this one. 

How are you feeling?: the "get sh*t done" bug has hit! All the rest of the nursery decor has been ordered and will be put together this week. I only have the bedding, sound machine and something else on the registry for the shower.

Rants/Raves:
    Rant: I'm on PTO but had go work yesterday and will have to work again for a couple hours on Thursday or Friday. 
    Rave: planning a mommy and DD evening for Thursday that I think she will enjoy!

Questions: none

GTKY: Favorite fast food item/place? Chick-fil-A and Jeremiah's ice cream

*will circle back for tags
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days:29+6

FTM/STM/TTM+:STM

Upcoming Appointments:next week

How are you feeling?:pregnancy wise just tired and big. I weigh less this time around I feel but I feel bigger which I feel doesn’t make sense.

Rants/Raves: Rant-there has been quite a bit of family drama lately which is never fun. Also my friend just said she wants her bachelorette party either late April or sometime in May. So I will be either super pregnant or right off of having a newborn. Rave-we were able to get DD into a month long swim class so hopefully she likes it.

Questions: Any one been to a bachelorette party either super preggo or just post baby? Any recommendations to not be the party pooper?

GTKY: Favorite fast food item/place? Really been wanting JJ lately but I think normally it would be ice cream/shake from anywhere (frosty, McFlurry, etc)
  • Options
    @addsprinkles521 i was at a bachelorette and i was 26 weeks. I made it fun by making sure everyone always had a full drink and was the DD when needed to drive. I bought alcohol removed brut for myself and still had something fun to sip when we were at hotel and everyone had fun sampling my mocktails when we were out. 
  • Options
    @addsprinkles521 I've been to a bachelorette party at 14 wks and was a mild party pooper lol. Some of the activities weren't centered around drinking, so that was great! But some were, and as we all know, it's usually not fun to be the sober one with a bunch of drunkies. I didn't go out with the group, and just went home to go to bed instead. I was still nauseous most of the time so the thought of being in a bar and smelling all the smells was a big nope for me. 

gonna be honest though...that time frame seems really tough for you to be able to make it. Idk how you were feeling PP the first time around, but I wasn't in a mood to party then, much less right before I gave birth. 
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams normally wouldn’t even consider going but she’s one of my best friends since we were little and am standing up in her wedding. I’m also concerned because I am more likely than not have a RCS which obviously limits what I can do post baby even more. 
    @And846 let me know if you have any good mocktail orders/recipes.
  • Options
    @addsprinkles521 I would just be honest with her about how you’re feeling when it rolls around. My sister is getting married when I’m 36 weeks and I’m MOH in her wedding. I bailed on the bachelorette weekend that’s coming up because I know I’ll be the downer there, and tbh I don’t want to be in a car for more than 30 minutes if I don’t have to be. Maybe do a portion of it but don’t commit yourself for the whole night? I’m sure everyone participating would understand if you have to duck out early, or if you’re not up for a bar crawl immediately postpartum 
  • Options
    annashafannashaf member
    edited March 2022
    @addsprinkles521 my sister hosted my bachelorette 3-4 weeks before having her second baby. It was WAY before the wedding, but she really wanted to be able to go and didn’t think she’d be able to newly postpartum. I don’t know how she actually
    felt about it, but from my perspective, she was a f*cking rockstar! She planned a wicked party, always made sure my drink was full, was dd to and from dt, made sure I had something to eat before passing out and we even shared a bed that night! Then she went onto being an amazing MOH 3 months later (2 months pp). I don’t think she’d have done that for anyone else, but it CAN be done, if you’re up to it and the person you’re celebrating is important enough to you.
  • Options
    @addsprinkles521 that does make it hard. I was supposed to be in one of my BFFs wedding,but it was a month after my due date so we knew I wasn't going to attend, and couldn't even do bach party or shower events because it was across the country. It sucked. ☹️

If we're talking mocktails though ... My go to is a virgin mojito! I think it tastes pretty much like an alcoholic version, just without the kick, and usually, a bit more lime-y. You can always ask the bartender their recommendation for a virgin drink, there are definitely some that don't translate well and some that do!
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 30+2

Upcoming Appointments: 3/8

How are you feeling?: Heartburn has been a pain, but otherwise good.

Rants/Raves: DD (2) woke up in the middle of her nap saying she had to pee. She did it and went right back to sleep! We are just starting our potty training journey and this is one of the first times she's effectively communicated the need before she goes in her diaper.

GTKY: Favorite fast food item/place? Dairy Queen, we have the OG in our sister city (it doesn't need to follow franchise rules and is SOOO much better) and it opens today!
  • Options
    so sorry you're having such a tough week @fireflyz_56 💜

@addsprinkles521 one of my good friends is having her bachelorette in early May and I skipped out, which she was totally understanding of. I do think if you want to go the biggest thing is finding moments to rest and not being afraid to skip out on certain activities where you know you'll be too tired. I think you'll feel better will overall and it would help with staying positive!

And of course, a good mocktail helps too lol I've been to the bar a couple of times with my friends for birthdays or them visiting in town and my go-to is doing a flavored mule mocktail! I've been loving doing mango puree, lime juice, and ginger beer. 
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 27  - 26?

FTM/STM/TTM+: third time mom

Upcoming Appointments: Midwife tomorrow then switching to every 2 week appointments.  I need to do my 2nd 1 hour glucose test tomorrow.  I already did it once at 16 weeks because I had GD with my last pregnancy.  My numbers were great then so fingers crossed it is still good.  I'm a bit nervous about it.  

How are you feeling?: Overall pretty good.  I graduated from PT this morning but can go back if I am dealing with more pain later on in this pregnancy or after.

GTKY: Favorite fast food item/place? Panera broccoli cheddar soup ....yummmmm

• Options
    @addsprinkles521

mocktails i had that weekend…

FRE brut + orange juice

cranberry, pineapple, orange juice + club soda 

virgin strawberry margarita 

virgin mojito 
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 22, 28 weeks

FTM/STM/TTM+: 2

Upcoming Appointments: two weeks 

How are you feeling?: large. This baby feels big and his movements are big and very uncomfortable. Otherwise good. Heartburn and nausea are manageable. I think I’m feeling better since the iron infusion? Not sure… I have another this week. 

Rants/Raves: rant- my toddler. Just being a classic toddler, wanting everything her way all the time. But even if I do everything her way, she’s still never fully satisfied. She’s been a crier her whole life and she’s done a lot of that today. Add on that she’s a mamas girl and so DH cannot look at her/touch her/talk to her when she’s having a meltdown because it will make it 10000x worse. So I basically single parent all the hard moments and he’s there for .. ya know.. the fun stuff like ice cream dates and movie nights. (I love him. I’m grateful for him. But parenting this kid is not 50/50, even as much as we both will it to be)

Questions: 

GTKY: Favorite fast food item/place? CFA #1
  • Options
    @brookejay06 UGH I feel this. DD isn’t a huge crier but once she starts she never stops, and if DH tries to intervene she flips out. It’s exhausting being the one your kid wants to scream at and the only one that can calm them down in those moments 
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 17, 29w

Upcoming Appointments: Not for a couple of weeks.

How are you feeling?: I'm ok, sleep has been getting a bit tricky - I wake up and put a podcast on to fall back asleep. Thankfully my hip pain has been a lot better - got my pillow game figured out. I don't know if I did something to my wrist or if it's a little pregnancy-related carpal tunnel, but that's been a thing. I'm feeling good about having gone through all the newborn stuff and setting up the dresser in our room - the clothes are so tiny!! I can't believe DS was that small.

Rants/Raves: DH and I need to have some real talk about goals for projects on the house. He thinks he can install 15 windows and do a bathroom reno before the baby gets here. I disagree. I am so tired of living with half finished projects and with having to do solo parenting while he gets stuff done. I'm just over it. We need to bring in a little bit of help. Lol, to be clear - I just want someone else to install the windows - we are still doing the bathroom ourselves. I don't think that's unreasonable! So we'll see how that goes. 

Questions: natm

GTKY: Favorite fast food item/place? This pregnancy I've been all about the poutine from Dairy Queen. Usually my go to order is a junior chicken and cheeseburger from McDonalds. We call them 'cheeky burgs'.
  • Options
    @jandawg I wish we could get poutine at DQ in the states!