May 2022 Moms
Options

Hospital Bag Thread!

2»

Re: Hospital Bag Thread!

• Options
    @karisahamdi i had to sleep in a nursing bra for sane reasons as @happynapper. It was only until my supply regulates then i went back to braless 
  • Options
    @karisahamdi I didn't really leak (like two days at the beginning) and I just liked wearing a comfy bra for sleep because I thought it was more comfortable than having the girls free 🤷‍♀️
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I preferred wearing a (nursing) cami to bed. I didn’t leak at all with my first, but definitely did with my second. Found a cami comfortable, kept the oversized breasts in somewhat control and absorbed a lot of the leakage (not all, but I was less fussed about leakage because I’d get thrown up on after every feed anyway…). Also, I’m not a pj person. Usually sleep in just a t-shirt or tank and panties anyway. So a cami was closer to my normal.
  • Options
    I think I actually slept with a towel in bed at times. I leaked a ton until my supply regulated. I have some leak proof nursing pads from Knix I'm excited to have on hand this time round.
  • Options
    Postpartum but thought if it. I slept on a towel for 2 weeks. I sweat so bad at night. 
  • Options
    Y’all who don’t leak…how?? 😅 I wake up in a puddle of milk like 3 nights a week for the first few months, and will still occasionally leak through about 9 months! I found a pretty comfortable sleeping bra on Amazon and used reusable nursing pads for so long!
  • Options
    kham130kham130 member
    edited March 2022
    Wow super helpful everyone! The thought of sleeping bras didn't cross my mind once, but I did buy overnight nursing pads. I guess I gave no thought to how those would stay in place 🤣

(edited for spelling) 
  • Options
    I had a low supply and still leaked all the freaking time! Probably up until about 5-6 months. I slept with a towel under me for the first bit because whatever side I was laying on would leak excessively. 
  • Options
    sph97sph97 member
    edited March 2022
    I hadn't thought about leaking overnight either, @karisahamdi!
    I do have these soft/t-shirt crossover nursing bras I'll likely wear since they are more comfortable than my other nursing bras.

Edit to fix spelling lol.
  • Options
    For me, it wasn’t the dampness or waking in a puddle that bothered me, it was being so damn sticky!!! I imagine I’ll be a big leaker again this time as I’m already starting to ooze lol and tmi: when I was in uni I had a nipple piercing. Haven’t had it for at least 8-10 years now. But I leak through my nipple ring holes too!!
  • Options
    I’m a hospital gown the whole time lady. with the lady 2 this time I’m going to “pamper”myself a bit
    for baby we keep them in the little shirt the hospital provides since they check them so often. We leave extra space for the diapers and such my nurses both times told us to clear them out so we make sure to leave room now. 

In my bag I’m going to have:

nursing bras
    maxi dress to go home
    toiletry bag
    charger
    Flip flops for shower
    slippers
    Nightgown easy nursing accessibility 
    Pillow
    charger
    nipple cream

for baby :
    gender neutral going home outfit since we are team green
    Swaddles
    Socks

not in a bag:
    carseat
    boppy

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    @skc040512 I would say it was because I was a "just enough-er" but @b_1029s experience says that's not true lol. 

No clue, probably genetic? Watch me leak all the time this go around.
  • Options
    @karisahamdi yes and what @happynapper said! And it’s just so much more comfy to wear because they don’t have any underwire. Also a big fan of nursing tanks for wearing around the house.