2/21 Weekly Check-in 8/1-8/15

EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Team:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY- What do you think is your spirit animal?

Re: 2/21 Weekly Check-in 8/1-8/15

• Loading the player...
  • and_peggyand_peggy member
    edited February 2022
    @starkette Messaged you
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 8/6, 16w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): 🥑 

Team: Blue

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow

How are you feeling?: I’m feeling good, but having lower back pain if I overdue it.

Rants/Raves: I haven’t felt any kicks so I am a bit nervous.  Looking forward to tomorrow so I can hear the heartbeat.

Questions: 

GTKY- What do you think is your spirit animal?  A duck because I can fly and take a dip when I want, but still get to eat bread.

• @fromfurmomtobabymom8-2 I think there are quite a few of us in here that have bp issues during pregnancy. Don’t beat yourself up. Prior to kids, and not during pregnancy, my BP is completely normal. It’s not your fault. And it’s a good thing that your dr is proactive in lessening the risk for pre-e. The pre-e headaches are one of the worst things I’ve ever experienced.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @and_peggy @paytonpedro giraffes are my favorite animal and people have already been buying this baby giraffe stuff. I’m going to have to put a stop to it because literally the entire nursery is going to look like a giraffe sanctuary if I don’t. 
  • @itsme215 @paytonpedro I’ll snap a photo tomorrow but we got so much giraffe stuff with my first. I gave a bunch away but kept my favorite onesie that has a giraffe and says, “you be giraffe I’m cute”
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @paytonpedro my appointment is early! 8:45am. So excited.
  • @starkette good luck! Excited to hear the results! 
    I was never bothered by people saying the same things they’re telling you until I saw an Instagram post about it saying exactly what you said. My 2 girls are perfect! And if our last baby (this baby) is a girl she will not be lesser because she isn’t a boy. It’s so inconsiderate for people to input their opinions where they aren’t welcomed. 

@itsme215 woo to accidental days off!! 
    @and_peggy sorry you’re still unsure after the ultrasound
    @fromfurmomtobabymom8-2 could the BP be related to all the work this weekend perhaps? Especially since it’s never been high and you’ve been monitoring it daily. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @starkette are you mountain standard or pacific standard? Your appt is coming up so soon either way and I’m so excited for you!! We’ll be biting our nails waiting for your update!
  • @and_peggy that might explain my headaches. That's really been my only symptom this whole time. They are the worst! I think I also have a bit of "white coat syndrome" and get super stressed going to doctors no matter what. Knock on wood, I've never had anything seriously wrong, so there's no trauma there, but for some reason it doesn't matter what I'm going in for, I just get super worked up about it. My skin was super blotchy and I was picking at my nails the whole way there, and it was just a checkup and a chance to listen to the baby's heartbeat.
    @dimeadozen it could be? But after reading @and_peggy 's comment, I don't think this is a one time thing. I have had a headache about every 10ish days recently.
    @paytonpedro I'm pretty sure I lost part or all of a filling pretty early on and just didn't bother to call because my dentist is so hard to get into anymore. I once had to reschedule and the earliest they could take me was 6 months out. Thankfully I've got an appointment the first week of March, so I can get it taken care of there. Hopefully yours isn't causing discomfort.
    Thank you all again for the support!

• @fromfurmomtobabymom8-2 wow! Yeah we’re going out of town in a week and I was hoping to get it taken care of prior but I don’t see that happening. It doesn’t hurt at all but it seemed to have been a pretty significant filling and now I can’t chew on that side because of food getting stuck. I take such good care of my teeth so it’s really just super frustrating to me when these filling fall out. This is the third time. And the fact that I’ve even had cavities. Mouthes gross me out and I hate all of this. 😫
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 8/4 16w 6d

Baby is the size of a(n): avocado 

Team: Blue 

Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy scan mid March 

How are you feeling?: Scared I am going to do something to hurt the baby by mistake.  I am exhausted and have no drive at work which is very annoying. 

Rants/Raves:  I have had a very easy pregnancy, but I don't like being pregnant that much and I feel bad about feeling that way.  Also I am a FTM so kind of showing but if I wear normal clothes I think I just look fat not really pregnant which is not fun. 

• @katiecattherese I sympathize with your feeling of feeling bad about disliking pregnancy despite having an easy pregnancy. Pregnancy totally commandeers your body, and not everybody likes the way that feels. It has no bearing on how you will be as a parent and how you will feel towards your baby, and it's okay if you're not one of the people who enjoys being pregnant (or even understand how they could have that opinion. It continues to baffle me). You're doing great!
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 8/6/22- 16W 3D w/ twins

Baby is the size of a(n): avocado 🥑

Team: not sure

Upcoming Appointments: 3/2

How are you feeling?: really nauseas, and my boobs are so sore and sensitive.

Rants/Raves: I know this is normal but didn’t expect to out grow clothes so quickly and gain so weight so quick. My cravings are out of control even though I’m so nauseous all the time

Questions: none at the moment

GTKY- What do you think is your spirit animal? Not sure.
  • @tmartin014 ohhh how exciting! I can’t wait to hear your update on Saturday!!
  • @tmartin014 I’m changing my answer in the other weekly check in to your cat friend there. What a perfect representation of my constant mood.