September 2022 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 2/21

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms 2/21

• Options
    Thank you all! It's clear I have some research to do. :smile:
    First time mom-to-be, due 9/25/22

Some complicated chromosomal stuff going on - our fingers are crossed, but this may not go according to plan!

• Options
    I am loving the fact that the November board is up! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mamamoomoo12 I saw that too! So crazy!
  • Options
    Currently at the end of my work day, can’t focus at all, and not feeling crappy at the thought of food. So what am I doing instead of work? Planning a post birth meal of course and researching all the sushi restaurants near the hospital 😂🤤
  • Options
    I am 10 weeks today! Yay! Was reading my Ovia weekly article and they said “you are 1/4 done your pregnancy”! That perspective blew my mind. 
  • Options
    The "I didn't know I was pregnant" stories blow my kind too! I can't imagine how terrifying it would be to go into labor and not know that the pains were. A girl I went to elementary school with had a baby and didn't know she was pregnant. She had super irregular periods so missing for long periods of time wasn't uncommon, she was plus sized so any weight gain was hidden and she thought the weird movements in her belly were because she was sensitive to gluten but ate it anyways. Oh and she had taken a test towards what would have been the beginning and it came back negative🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    It would depend on the daycare  whether or not they'd do cloth diapering. At the daycare I used to work at, there was one toddler who used them and we would just bag them up and they'd go home every day. It wasn't all that long though before they started using the potty and it was a coworkers child so maybe the director made an exception??? I'm not sure but it really wasn't that big of a deal.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    @dsmith211  That is such a great idea! 
  • Options
    @babywiik my aunt didn't know she was pregnant until she was 5 months with her first. She still bled every month, I can't imagine how terrifying it would be bleeding every month knowing you were pregnant. 
  • Options
    I didn't know until I was 9 weeks pregnant. I was sick during my first missed period so I figured there was a simpler explanation for the missing one. One of my coworkers didn't find out until she was 7 months - she's super tall and didn't show at all! When she first told us she thought she was around 2 months, so it was pretty surprising when she came back from her first OB visit and told us she was really closer to 7 months!

Some complicated chromosomal stuff going on - our fingers are crossed, but this may not go according to plan!

• Options
    This week's fun with stats:

(Once again, data is primarily gathered from the introductions and ultrasounds posts, with occasional additions from the weekly updates thread).

1) We currently have 90 women who are active in this board.  "Active" in this case being defined as having posted within the past two weeks. Of our active ladies,
    • 1 is due in late August (but expects to run into September)
    • 17 are due in the first week of September (9/1-9/7)
    • 25 are due in the second week of September (9/8-9/15)
    • 26 are due in the third week of September (9/16-9/22)
    • 21 are due in the last week of September (9/23-9/30)
    2) In terms of age, of our active ladies,
    • 1 is age 20-24
    • 18 are age 25-29
    • 26 are age 30-34
    • 9 are age 35-39
    • 3 are 40 and over
    • 33 have not disclosed their age
    3) What baby number is it for our active ladies?
    • For 52 of us, it's the first baby.
    • For 17 of us, it's the second baby.
    • For 9 of us, it's the third or more baby.
    • For 12 of us, this data is unknown.
    4) Where are our active ladies?
    • 6 are outside the U.S. (Australia, Canada, Costa Rica, Hungary, Norway) 
    • 8 are in the Pacific coast states (CA, WA)
    • 7 are in the Midwest (AR, IN, MN, WI) 
    • 1 is in Appalachia (KY) 
    • 4 are in the Northeast (MA, NH, VT) 
    • 8 are in the Mid-Atlantic (MD, NY, PA)
    • 5 are in the Southeast (FL, GA, NC, SC)
    • 1 is in the Deep South (LA)
    • 50 have not disclosed their location.
    • So far we have no ladies who have reported their location as the Southwest (e.g., AZ, NV) or non-continental states (HI, AK)
    6) For gender, so far...

• Five mamas have announced for team blue
    • One mama has officially announced for team pink
    • Five mamas have reported they plan to be team green
    *Note that these tallies indicate specific usernames who have stated explicitly the gender of their baby(ies) - this does not encapsulate the total courts on the "I'm Just Here for the SEX" post, which are higher.

7) So far, we also have two sets of confirmed twins and one set of triplets among our active ladies.

8) Other factoids:
    • We have 55 women who have posted more than 2 weeks ago but less than a month ago (21 of these have only posted once).
    • We have 68 women who have posted more than a month ago (37 of these only posted once).
    • We have unfortunately also had five women who have left us following confirmed losses.
    • We have 3 women who previously posted but have since deleted their accounts.

If you don't think I'm accounting for your data (or you want to check), let me know and I'll update my spreadsheet. 
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    @kboydbowman I love all the data! You have made my nerdy self very happy. :smile:

• Options
    @lilienne it's one of my bizarre self-care strategies - obsessing about tallies is better about obsessing about PGAL stuff.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    liliennelilienne member
    edited February 2022
    @kboydbowman there's no way to shut down that kind of energy, but it sounds like you've been able to redirect it, at least a bit. I'm sorry for the reason, but I'm very grateful to you for showing us more about our community!

• Options
    So, we told my 7 y/o step daughter about the baby yesterday, and y’all it went so well! She (unprompted) picked a lovey for the baby and a matching stuffed animal for her. She’s gone back and forth all weekend about whether she wants a sister or brother, listing the pros/cons for each, and she’s insisting she gets to call all the family with us to tell them if it’s a girl or boy 💕 I wish I could say it was totally uneventful, but her mother listed all the ways we are terrible for doing this to her. Guess you can’t win all the battles, and we definitely scored a win on the more important one (Stepdaughter being excited). 
  • Options
    @laj0217 how are you terrible for giving her a sibling? I mean my sister wasn't pleased when her ex had another kid, but she didn't say anything like that, and often babysits her daughters brother age step brothers now. 
  • Options
    @laj02 I'm so sorry you're dealing with (ex) family drama, what a hassle! I'm so glad your stepdaughter is excited, that definitely seems like the more important side of things. I love that she wants to be a part of telling people once you know the baby's sex, that's super sweet!

• Options
    @jhysmath according to her mother, she’ll pretend to be excited but is really secretly
    devastated 🙄 nothing about that kiddo was devastated. She told her maternal grandparents the second she saw them! She asked repeatedly what size the baby was - we went on a hunt for a tennis ball for comparison 😂

Also, she’ll be worried about getting less presents than the baby, that her dad will love the baby more than her, and she’ll lose her 1 on 1 time with her dad. I’m sure the others may come up as worries, but we were super clear that she and her dad will get one on one time every visit still and that we love her no matter what and that won’t change. Also, she gets gifts from 3 families (mom, dad, and mine) so that is the stupidest thing her mother said. She’ll always receive more gifts than the baby. Her mother is just difficult. Has been from day one. And texted this nonsense to us all weekend. Sigh. 

@lilienne isn’t that the sweetest! She wanted us to send her a blue or pink slime to tell her 😂 we were told her we’d just call lol. She wants to call everyone on 3-way though and she wants to be the one to announce it. I’m so happy she’s excited 💜
  • Options
    @laj0217 literally, all of the 1 on 1 time, etc changes are normal for any sibling. Just because I have two kids doesn’t mean my oldest is any less loved than my youngest. And doesn’t mean they’ll be less loved than the third. 
    YH’s ex sounds like a piece of work. 
  • Options
    @mokay19 exactly! Kids often take on what they see/hear at home, though, so just hoping her mom will be an adult and pretend to be happy for her instead of bringing SD’s own excitement down or turning it into anxiety/worry. She’ll get nothing but excitement from us or support for any worries she brings up, but she’s only with us 30% of the time 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    @laj0217 the not as many presents seems really selfish imo. Did they agree when they got married they were one and done and never wanted any other children because personally I feel like having siblings for a child makes more sense that they'll always have a companion and when we're gone they still have family. I'm hoping his ex realizes the benefits of a sibling some day and doesn't push those thoughts on her daughter. Once my niece had a brother and step brothers at her dad's she started asking my single sister for her to have a baby too. I think my sister is secretly thinking about getting a sperm donor because she's still single and would love another baby. My niece will start high school in 2 years and I'm not sure how that will go over lol. 
  • Options
    @jhysmath she has an older sister from her mom. My husband and her mother were never actually together. They were coworkers and had a one night stand. This is the stuff mom warnings are made of, literally lol. My mom always used to say don’t sleep with a guy if you can’t picture having a kid with him! 

Anyway, they’ve never gotten along at any point from pregnancy til now. The presents thing is more on her mom I think. She always gets mad at Christmas/birthdays because we buy too much (according to her) and then she has to make it “even” for her older child. 

I have zero intention of doing this or playing into it. I will be explaining to my kids that they have 1 mom and dad and no step parents so presents will look different 🤷🏻‍♀️ That’s just life. By the same token, we go on lots of cool trips that my step daughter can’t always go on because her mother prevents it. Just the challenges of step family life I guess. 

That’s cute about your niece! I’d love for SD to beg for more siblings. I’d be happy to oblige and maybe my husband would be more inclined lol. 
  • Options
    ugh @laj0217 I'm sorry you have to deal with your husband's baby mama, she sounds like she makes everything way more difficult than it needs to be! Hopefully she can get on board and be happy for you guys at some point and recognize that another sibling for her daughter is a blessing.