June 2022 Moms
Options

FFFC 2/18

Re: FFFC 2/18

• Options
    Tulips29Tulips29 member
    edited February 2022
    DH was making plans to hang out with his best friends this weekend and asked if I prefer to have them over our house or go to theirs instead. I eagerly jumped on the opportunity to go to theirs so I don't have to worry about cooking/cleaning/hosting/tidying up after kids make a mess and overall feeling exhausted from even having a few people over. I told DH I'd prefer a change of scenery and they have a bigger backyard for kids to play in, no one needs to know my true feelings on this. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Options
    I can’t stand to wear tight clothes. So all of this “show off the bump” stuff just makes me cringe and then shop for horribly expensive kaftans. Or maxi dresses. Or anything but a ruched side clingy shirt. 
    Also, I bought chipotle today because we’re going to have an avocado shortage. So add I added guac while I still could. No regrets. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @fluteling Your chipotle confession literally made me lol. Except now I will obsess about chipotle until I get it.
    @Tulips29 I am fully in support of your decision.

I have the absolute worst social anxiety of anyone I know and so when I was playing an MMORPG with a friend last night (our way of “hanging out” while living across the country from each other) she accidentally grouped us with one of her other friends. That person added like five more people to the group which is way more people than I can handle so when I died I just logged off without saying anything and texted her to apologize.
  • Options
    @fluteling I like the idea of fitted clothes but then on some days I put them on and find I have sensory issues and can’t wait to get them off. Plus the flowy stuff you can use after!  Also, Treat yo self!  I have real worries about this avocado thing!  

@Tulips29 every time DH tells me he’s invited people over I get annoyed and have a minor meltdown, clean the house like a crazy person, get so disgusted that I say we need to give up and move, then end up having fun lol. 

@pinkillersheep I secretly like Covid sometimes bc it’s an excuse for me to not let DD1 have friends over or go over their houses. She’s in kindergarten and making real friends for the first time and I dread having to deal with the parents and be “on”. 
  • Options
    @fluteling I read the avocado story the other day and told DH we need to start growing out own lol...I can't live without avocados and my daughter is obsessed with them as well. Also, UO, but I don't get Chipotle. Like it's ok, but I know people who can eat it all day every day and I'm like meh, I can totally live without it. 

@KFrob I'm happy mine at least asked. He's the social butterfly around here, would love to invite everyone any chance he gets. I'm happy to be a guest at someone's else house for sure :smile:

@pinkkillersheep I don't blame you and would have done the same. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Options
    @Tulips29 Same here. I love avocados!

@fluteling I prefer comfy clothes.

What bothers me about most maternity shirts is that they have thicks seams to allow the shirt to stretch when the bump gets bigger, but they are irritating against my skin, so I just buy large shirts. 
  • Options
    I was going to get some food from our little local German club, they were having a fund raiser tonight, but my husband’s car malfunctioned and I had to go get him from work in the totally opposite direction, so I got no schnitzel sandwich and I had to make something quick for me and the kids instead. I put my game face on bc I know my husband was also put out but I definitely cried for a minute over that darn schnitzel sandwich 😆