1st Trimester
Options

Hcg, first pregnancy

edited February 2022 in 1st Trimester
:( Please help me I’m so confused. I found out last week I’m pregnant for the first time. Per my OBGYN, going off my last period (1/3-1/8) I should be 6 weeks this week. We tried on 1/20, which makes me think I may be only 4 weeks. I have my first appt on 3/2. I went to the ER over the weekend for bleeding that turned heavier like my normal period. No gestation sac found on ultrasound. Wanted me to follow up in 48 hrs with repeat lab work for hcg and call my Obgyn. My hcg on Saturday 2/12 was 254.9 and today 2/14 it is 292.6 .. I know it hasn’t raised a lot but it has raised, or so I thought? I waited all day for a phone call, my Obgyn says it decreased so I need to repeat in 48 hours and if it’s not raising I have to come in for an ultrasound to rule out ectopic pregnancy. I am so scared and confused. I thought my hcg raised?

Re: Hcg, first pregnancy

• Options
    paytonpedropaytonpedro member
    edited February 2022
    Your weeks are calculated based off of lmp not when you had sex. If they say you’re 6 weeks based off lmp, you’re 6 weeks. 
    I’m sorry about the bleeding, it’s always scary. As for the hcg numbers, they don’t seem to be rising appropriately. Doctors generally want to see them double every 48-72hrs. Hopefully your next numbers will be rising more appropriately but as of right now you just have to wait it out. It sounds like your doctor is on top of it.