2/14 Weekly Check-in August 1-15

EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Team:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY- What would you sing at Karaoke night?

Re: 2/14 Weekly Check-in August 1-15

• EDD / Weeks + Days:  8/10

Baby is the size of a(n): peach 

Team: 💙

Upcoming Appointments:  3/7 for OB follow up 

How are you feeling?:  mostly good 

Rants/Raves:  Rave- I think I’m feeling flutters, it isn’t consistent but when it happens I don’t believe it could be something other than him  

Questions: When does the “my 2nd pregnancy flew bye” start? Lol

GTKY- What would you sing at Karaoke night? Superman- Eminem used to be my go to. Now I would probably do something from Encanto

• Loading the player...
  • @wigglyicecream omg I love you so much more over here picking Eminem! My #1 go to song while I’m drinking is Lose Yourself and I LOVED that that’s what he performed at the super bowl!! 😍 To answer your question, my second pregnancy didn’t fly by at all 🤣 I would maybe only say that after it’s totally over and baby is like 2 months old 😬

@and_peggy yesssss! Love spice girls!!

EDD / Weeks + Days: 8/11 14+4

Baby is the size of a(n): apparently fits in a mug today which is creepy af… also a baby chick/ hamster/ or troll doll

Team: pink 🎀

Upcoming Appointments: nothing until 2/28

How are you feeling?: pretty good all around. Still needing that daily nap though.

Rants/Raves: I spent the morning getting my hair done and I just feel so refreshed. It’s crazy how something so small can make you feel so good!

Questions: 

GTKY- What would you sing at Karaoke night? I usually pick something country, but I suck at singing haha.

• @lmaplejc @wigglyicecream my 5 year old keeps calling it “Surface Pleasure”. We started correcting her after the 3rd time 😆 can’t have her walking around singing that at school 
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • @darkrose88 5pm!!! Yay!!! We’re counting down!!! Please don’t keep it from us for a whole week!! Lol
  • @darkrose88 AHHHH So exciting! 
  • @darkrose88 I cannot wait to hear! Also, I feel you on the overly emotional crap. It stinks. 
  • @darkrose88 so happy you get to know soon!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • @paytonpedro I'm definitely not keeping it a secret for a week lol! It has been posted in the ultrasound thread! 😁

@bridgiebee82 @paytonpedro @mdfarmchick thanks!! I'm so happy we decided to find out early!
  • @paytonpedro so glad you got your hair done today! Best feeling EVER.

Question for you: did you get any color done, or just a cut? I have a hair appointment in a few weeks and wonder if I'm okay to get color. I can never remember the rules. I'll ask my OB too, but I'm curious about your understanding. 
  • @malloryfrommn I got color done when I was 8ish weeks. I walked in to the salon and my hairdresser asked me what I wanted, and I said well, I'm pregnant, so am I allowed to get my usual (which is highlights). She said absolutely! Highlights don't touch the scalp, so that's fine. I trusted her and she has two kids. I forget what she said about full color though, but really I don't think she had concerns, but check depending on what you normally get done.
  • @dimeadozen my anatomy scan is March 15 too! I hope the next month-ish flies by for both of us! 
  • @tmartin014 love that song! And yay for finding out next week!
  • wine_mama_03wine_mama_03 member
    edited February 2022
    @dimeadozen that's 100% my go to Pandora Station too!
    And my anatomy scan is March 16th, so we will all have some fun that week!
  • @malloryfrommn there are pregnancy safe color products you can use. I just let my air dresser know prior so she has what she needs. I got only highlights so I’m not sure if it’s a little different. I think generally you want ammonia-free, or bleach-free, semi-permanent hair color. 

@tmartin014 this will also be my last pregnancy and I went into it knowing that and knowing that we only want 3 children. I still think I’ll miss this season of life. It’s kind of crazy how quickly it’s gone by. After this baby is here, it will be just raising them. It’s weird. I’m glad the first tri is over but I’m definitely going to soak in every baby kick and try to really enjoy the rest of this pregnancy. My tune will surely change when I can barely walk come July. 
  • paytonpedropaytonpedro member
    edited February 2022
    @katiecattherese love your karaoke choice! 
    My experience is that L&D is completely different than other health care and hospital visits I’ve had. For me, everything has been very much about consent before they do anything. I hope you are pleasantly surprised. If you are feeling very anxious, you should discuss it with your doctor and see what you can do to prepare in the mean time. They’re generally very good about making you feel as comfortable as possible. 
    ETA, maybe looking into a doula would be helpful for you. 
  • @dimeadozen I live in NJ and we get hot and humid summers (but nothing like Louisiana!). My first was born in Feb so I haven’t had a summer baby.  I don’t do shorts so I’ll probably live in dresses. 🥵 

@katiecattherese seconding @paytonpedro re hiring a doula
  • @fromfurmomtobabymom8-2
    @darkrose88
    @paytonpedro

Thanks so much for the input! Super helpful. Good call on giving my hairdresser a heads up so she can get any pregnancy safe products. I also agree 100% that wearing a mask will help with the strong chemical odors. 

Last time around I was ultra conservative and didn't do any color. That combined with a solid 4 months of postpartum early-pandemic quarantine -- my hair was a HOT MESS.