3rd Trimester

Income for women on maternity leave

Hello all! 

I’m beginning my FMLA leave next month, one week before my due date. In a recent meeting with HR I was told I did not select STD and i’m ineligible to receive pay. Does anyone have any advice on programs or insurance I can apply for to support me through my leave? 

Re: Income for women on maternity leave

• This late in the game? Nothing I’m aware of. STD is insurance. You can’t get it after you’re pregnant for the same reason you can’t get life insurance on someone who’s already dead or cheap life insurance for someone who’s 85 or car insurance after you have an accident. 
  • Hello all! 

I’m beginning my FMLA leave next month, one week before my due date. In a recent meeting with HR I was told I did not select STD and i’m ineligible to receive pay. Does anyone have any advice on programs or insurance I can apply for to support me through my leave? 
    You can try to see if your state offers anything. But like PP said, I’m not sure you can just sign up for something last minute like this without paying into it for a certain period of time. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Start saving money now so that you can afford your recovery time. Buy a grocery gift card every time you go, look into creating a diaper stockpile somewhere that takes exchanges and look for coupons and sales.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::