August 2022 Moms

PGAL 2/10

This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss(es). TW for entire thread due to discussion of MC, TFMR, CP, etc. 

Weeks/EDD?

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 

Any appointment updates? 

Any big milestones?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Re: PGAL 2/10

• paytonpedropaytonpedro member
    edited February 2022
    @coco2787 I’m sorry the anxiety is getting worse for you. Hang in there friend! But yay for the good 12 weeks scan and for getting to see baby again tomorrow with yh! I kind of wish I would have just hit it and got a Doppler in my first pregnancy. I always talked myself out of it but wish I’d have just had it for when the anxiety is really bad. 

Weeks/EDD? 14 weeks 8/11

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? Mc at 5 weeks in July 2021

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Overall, I’m feeling good. Which seems to be the case after a good u/s. I find the anxiety begins creeping back in a day or two later. It’s like a too good to be true feeling. 

Any appointment updates? We had an elective u/s yesterday and baby’s hb was a healthy 155. It was so nice to see her wiggling in there- she must have liked the chocolate I ate before the appt. 

Any big milestones? Second tri today!

Rants/Raves/Questions? My next appt isn’t until 2/28 whic I know isn’t far away but it feels like it. I don’t know if I’m supposed to be calling for the anatomy scan or if they’re going to call me… it’s at a different hospital than my previous 2. I should probably figure that out. 
    ETA. Yeah. Just tried to call my dr to ask that question and there were 12 people on the line in front of me. Jeeze! Definitely not waiting. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @paytonpedro it’s so hard to shake that feeling that things are going too well and that the other shoe is going to drop 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Weeks/EDD?
    11 / 31 August

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 
    I had a good appointment yesterday. The tech let us listen to the heartbeat. It was 170. I’m a little bummed because it’s four weeks until my next appointment. Overall I’m in a good place this week. In two weeks, I may be in a different place. 

Any appointment updates? 
    NT Scan and the bloodwork yesterday. Everything was good. 

Any big milestones?
    Yesterday was the NT scan and there was a baby, so that crosses off my latest loss and finding out at the ultrasound. Now I just start counting down until viability. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?

@coco2787 I hope you have a great scan today with YH and toddler. I understand the not trusting your body part. Hugs. 

@paytonpedro I know the feeling all too well. I’m so glad you had a good ultrasound and confirmed girl. 💗
  • @Karissa764 I’m so glad things are still going relatively well with you and all the babies. When I noticed you not posting as much I feared the worst. It’s totally ok to take time off of the bump and manage your own feelings and anxiety. PGAL brain is hard, I’m sure with your history it’s even harder. We are always here whenever you want/need to talk. Hugs mama 
  • @Karissa764 I’m so happy to see you back and yay for 12 weeks!!! Definitely take time away when you need it, we are here for you! I hope those headaches ease up for you really soon. When I had covid I had a headache like you described and I know how debilitating it is, especially with other littles to take care of. 
  • @paytonpedro this is my first time posting in this thread but I just wanted to say I feel you. We told everyone this weekend and today I told work. I have been worrying non stop lately because I haven’t felt the baby move yet. On the ultrasound it was bouncing around but I don’t feel anything… this is not my favourite part of this pregnancy.
  • @paytonpedro I feel you. It is so hard to not worry until you can feel regular movements and as we are all moving into the second trimester it feels like we should have those. Hugs. I’m sorry today is a rough day mentally. 

@mrswin1207 welcome. I have felt really odd about it all since we announced at 12 weeks with this one… I told MH we were maybe tempting fate. Hugs. 

Today we are pregnant. We have healthy little bebes bouncing around even if we can’t feel them. ♥️
  • coco2787coco2787 member
    edited February 2022
    I’m sorry you’re having a hard day @paytonpedro I’d be going crazy waiting for movement too, if I couldn’t check on baby at home I’d probably still be asking for weekly appointments. 

I’m 14+1 today so officially past all of my loss milestones 🥳. I used my Doppler this morning just to be sure I could say with confidence that we’ve made it this far 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Thanks @mdfarmchick @mrswin1207 & @coco2787 ❤️ Every pregnancy I wished I’d have gotten a Doppler but I always talked myself out of it. So glad you officially hit that milestone @coco2787!!!
  • Here to agree and echo. A monthly thread would be great.
  • Just FYI, I think I’ve mostly stopped panicking but today has been a particularly crappy PGAL day. I had the worst nightmares about miscarrying the baby all night last night. Every time I managed to wake myself, I would fall into a worse one when I went to sleep.

I woke up this morning with cramps and what felt like contractions, and with all the fresh nightmares, mentally I wasn’t in a good space. I’ve been drinking water and mostly resting and I **think** this is the price I’m paying for the extra Zofran I took last week when I couldn’t keep anything down for two days. I’m hoping this is constipation. But anyway, it’s a crappy day and I am all on edge because of the stupid nightmares and the inconvenient timing of possible constipation. 😕 I have a heartbeat check scheduled for tomorrow anyway, but I haven’t decided if I should try to text my doctor today or not. I hate bothering him and then he tells me to stop it because it’s not a bother at all. 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • @mdfarmchick I'm sorry to hear it's been a rough day. I know it's easy to say, but if you are debating about contacting them, do whatever you need to keep your mind at ease. You won't regret it in the end. I'll be thinking and praying for you! 
  • @coco2787 @brittanynmorris Thanks. I got up and moving around some, bought some coffee and made some lunch and decided that it doesn’t seem as doom and gloom. If I still feel off tomorrow, I will text my doctor.