2/7 Weekly Check-in August 16-31

EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Team:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY- Would you rather ride a bike, ride a horse, or drive a car? Pre/post pregnancy of course. 

Re: 2/7 Weekly Check-in August 16-31

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Where is everybody??

EDD / Weeks + Days: 8/22 12 weeks 

Baby is the size of a(n): Swedish fish 

Team: blue 

Upcoming Appointments: had an ultrasound this morning, baby boy is growing perfectly 💙

How are you feeling?: Ugh, felt worse today than I have any day in recent weeks. Woke up dry heaving and then gagged/barfed up half my breakfast. Hoping being in 2nd tri will bring an end to the nausea. 

Rants/Raves: We need to buy a new car to accommodate this baby but car prices suck so much right now. Really hoping it will be better by this summer. 

Questions: nope 

GTKY- Would you rather ride a bike, ride a horse, or drive a car? Pre/post pregnancy of course. If weather is nice, bike. 

Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    @aukeev my last pregnancy my OB went on maternity leave when I was in 3rd tri and I switched to midwives. I was a little sad about it but the Dr/MW isn’t in the room much anyway (plus you might end up with whoever is on call anyway) so it wasn’t *that* big of a deal. 

@bridgiebee82 it doesn’t matter that much, I’d just sleep however you can get comfortable. 

Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    @mangoandguava omg your car issues... I feel them in my soul. "Dad? I need help---nevermind!" Every single time!

@aukeev I've heard that the left side in general is better for sleeping, but especially while pregnant for like lymph, liver, and stomach drainage purposes. But I'm going to go with what @coco2787 said and just sleep how I'm comfortable. My stomach isn't it for me anymore. 
  • Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: 8/18 ; 12w 4d

Baby is the size of a(n): kit Kat bar

Team: finding out SOON! My NIPT blood draw arrived at the processing center last Tuesday. I should be finding out any day now!

Upcoming Appointments: boutique u/s on 2/17, then next OB visit on 3/3.

How are you feeling?: nausea is still hanging on! I'm so tired, too. Ready for second trimester. 

Rants/Raves: took DS to his 2 years well check appointment tonight. It. Was. Exhausting. Temper tantrums and running amok in the lobby. Holding him down for shot, blood draw, teeth varnish. All the fighting to wrangle my toddler, plus wearing a mask, had me feeling extra nauseous. 

Questions: none 

GTKY- Would you rather ride a bike, ride a horse, or drive a car? Pre/post pregnancy of course. Definitely a car. I'm all about comfort and convenience. 

• Options
    @bridgiebee82 hot cross buns 😂 I love that

@aukeev I changed OBs because we moved out of the city and into the burbs so it made the most sense. I was also nervous until I met him and the practice seems awesome and everyone seems great! I have seen two different doctors which I’m happy about, my last labor was so long I had multiple and I just want to get to know more than one. I hope you like your new one! It’s always scary making a change. And good luck on the Cheetos!

@coco2787 I am with you on the car situation. We currently share one car but think we will need a second when the new baby comes to support multiple drivers shuttling kids around, etc., and are very discouraged by prices.

• Options
    @meagan822 I feel the same way about apartment living. I miss just hanging out in my back yard by the firepit at my dad's house. I have 4 raised garden boxes that my brother built me that I have no room for here at my apartment. I'm hoping that MH and I can move out before the babies get here. I'd love to have my own space to spread out. I struggle with getting off of my phone and screen time because I've used it as an escape for my anxiety. I've decided to learn how to play guitar, dedicating at least 30 minutes a day/night to it. 
  • Options
    @bridgiebee82  I can relate to you there! There’s just something about having your own piece of the outdoors! We also hope to be out before the baby comes. We had a plan for a half nursery/half office, and to get more financially ready for a house, but we just got a notice that our rent is jumping up a fair bit, effective in two months. We plan to get preapproved for a loan and find a realestate agent, but it’s hard to find things we like or anything at a good price.

I still spend too much time on the screen, as we all do, however I do find when you fill some time with a hobby, it helps reduce that! Learning the guitar is huge! And that’s amazing! Way to go!😊 Bonus, It’s 30 less minutes on a screen, and that amount of time daily allows you a lot of time to learn. I’ve been quick to think I don’t have time for things I want to do, but if I look at my screen time, I am reminded that I have time for anything I prioritize, and sometimes it’s easy to default to screen time. Sometimes leaving books, knitting, art supplies, etc out around helps me pick up my phone a bit less. Every fall, I regret not being out in the summer more. We all have so much room to grow! I hope you feel peace stronger than anxiety.💕
  • Options
    @meagan822 I know what you mean about screen time. I have app timers set for all my social media accounts because I just get sucked in to scrolling mindlessly. I have an android, so I also have focus mode, me time mode, and I set a prayer mode. During those specific times, I can only access certain apps. It's helped me focus my time tremendously. I hope your plan to move out comes to fruition. Moving is stressful. Moving while pregnant is stressful, I'm sure. But like you said, having your own space is so nice. It's also a pain because of all the work and maintenance, but it's YOURS. 💓 
  • Options
    meagan822meagan822 member
    edited February 2022
    @bridgiebee82 That’s wonderful! I love how you have certain focuses at certain times! Thank you! If it’s meant to happen, God will open that door. I get excited about moving, but it also would be the biggest move yet (volume wise) since this is the first place we got together and made into a home. Organizing everything into an empty house is overwhelming, despite my love for organizing. I’m sure it would be much harder while pregnant.. and if we move in the summer, I want to create a garden space and have a garden. It may be a crazy summer..😅 I agree about the maintenance-It’s nice to just make a phone call If an appliance breaks, and they replace it. We’ll actually have to pay for that stuff!😬😂