May 2022 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms - week of 2/7

Re: Weekly Randoms - week of 2/7

• Options
    @MrsLaLaBug YAYY!! Congrats! I know that feels like a huge weight lifted off your shoulders!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats @MrsLaLaBug, that is so exciting!!
  • Options
    Congrats @MrsLaLaBug! I can’t imagine going through the moving process at this stage, but I know it’s been a huge weight on your shoulders so you must be relieved!!
  • Options
    Yay so exciting @MrsLaLaBug! Congrats on the accepted offer, hope all goes smoothly!
  • Options
    @MrsLaLaBug congrats !!!!!!!!
  • Options
    @MrsLaLaBug
    YAY!!!! so exciting!  When will you move?
  • Options
    That’s so amazing @MrsLaLaBug!! Congrats! And I feel like you don’t have to wait too long for an answer which is so nice. Did you waive appraisal / home inspection on your offer? We did but we still opted for a home inspection so just curious what your next steps are. 

I’m at the car dealership this morning waiting for them to do something and it’s already been 2 hours and starving 😂 there is a mission bbq and a tropical cafe across the street so considering venturing into traffic to get food…. Stay tuned if smoked Turkey is worth running across the street 
  • Options
    @tacosandtums I would 1000% venture across the traffic for missions bbq lol! 
  • Options
    Thank y’all all so much!! Very big weight off my shoulders for sure, now just the paperwork processes hopefully all go smoothly!! @third2022 we are shooting for a 30 day close so it won’t be too far off! @tacosandtums nah, no way we’d waive it but that’s ONLY because of where in LA we live - VERY susceptible to all the hurricanes and flooding and we gotta be 100% sure everything is good to go especially with the BAD storms we had the past two years in a row here!! Most recent storm was only just 6 months ago and this guy literally JUST had the fence and some siding replaced on this home bc of the Hurricane Ida damage due to the trees. Our inspections are on Friday, first the home inspection and then the insect one! So FX that next step goes well and nothing major holds us up. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

• Options
    No that makes total sense! To be competitive here we had to waive all that so was just curious! We did an “as is with inspection” offer which was good because we still had a competitive offer just wasn’t like buying the place condition unseen. Buying in these times has been so crazy!!! GL on inspection!!
  • Options
    @MrsLaLaBug ah yay congrats!!! so happy for you 🎉
  • Options
    OMGGGGG. Guess I spoke too soon. Had to walk away from that home after some bad news today. What a mess. 

• Options
    @MrsLaLaBug oh no!! So sorry you had to do that! 
  • Options
    @MrsLaLaBug ohh that's such a bummer! I hope something else comes along soon.

Speaking of houses, the nesting has hit me HARD.
  • Options
    @MrsLaLaBug oh no! How disappointing 😭
  • Options
    @MrsLaLaBug Oh no!  Sorry.  That has got to be so frustrating.  Hope everything is okay on your end 
  • Options
    Dang, sorry girl! The right house will come!! @jandawg saaaame. I keep filling online carts with furniture and then not ordering it though. 
  • Options
    So what happened was we got quotes back on the homeowners insurance and the flood insurance for that home. It was TWICE as much as they originally told us. The roof on the home is 15+ years old and the guy refused to replace it or offer us cash allowance on listing price for us to pay to replace it. But bc of the age of the roof it doubles the fucking insurance. Which in turn knocked the mortgage payment up by over $600 a month JUST from the homeowners insurance being so high. And that wasn’t even including the flood!!! 

His agent straight up told our agent like, “thanks for heads up, I’m not surprised at all, this has happened before”. So that IMMEDIATELY tells me something. Our mortgage lender even told us that the roof was obvious, but that there was almost 100% likely to be another very recent claim bc of the hurricanes we’ve had the past 2 seasons, making the premium so over the top. We even shopped FOUR different insurance agencies for quotes just to be sure. They were all right around the same. 

So honestly, I’m glad we didn’t get any further into the paperwork or anything else than we did. And I’m also glad bc if not for this nonsense today I wouldn’t have learned something new about the insurance process. I knew the roof would’ve been an issue, but I thought prior claims on a home insurance policy only affected the CURRENT policy holder, not some different owner years in the future. Houses can basically have “bad credit” kinda like people do. Lesson learned! Now we get back in the saddle - my realtor and I have another 2 showings booked tomorrow already. 😂😂😂

• Options
    @MrsLaLaBug ugggh that sounds so frustrating. This is why I dread looking for a new house. Our ideal location has recently flooded so I imagine it will be a huge pain to sort out repairs, etc. 😖 
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams yes ugh!! Y’all should all be glad you aren’t house hunting right now!! It’s just NUTS outchea!! 😂😂😂😂😂

• Options
    @MrsLaLaBug ugh that is so frustrating. And shady? I’m sorry, hope one of the houses you see this week will be a winner!
  • Options
    @MrsLaLaBug ughhh that is so frustrating! FX you’ll find something new in the next little bit! We moved back in November 2020 and idk how we found our house short of divine intervention. It was a new build, under market value (by about $45k) and within our budget, on over an acre, and outside the city limits. It was like a unicorn listing and the builder had kept pulling it off the market (I think they didn’t want it to sell before the parade of homes). Our area is insane and we bought at the same time Apple announced they were building a campus near us, so I definitely get the frantic nature of the search!
  • Options
    This week’s product spotlight made me think of a toddler question. What shampoo / conditioner(?) are you using for your toddlers? I’m still using the giant thing of Johnson’s shampoo we got as a gift but don’t love it and figure it’s probably time to switch anyway?
  • Options
    @skc040512 girl send me some of that lucky dust LOL!! 

• Options
    @b_1029 We use the johnson &johnson curly shampoo for our curly toddler.My 5 yr old uses either the curly shampoo or mine.  It's not tear free but we've never had a problem.  I also like the fairy tales brand if you wanted a kids specific one.  Fairy tales detangling spray is the best...
  • Options
    @MrsLaLaBug sounds like you dodged a Bullet. RIP the nice fridge tho. Onward!

@b_1029 we just use the target brand! My kids don’t have sensitive skin so I’m lucky I can buy the cheap stuff. When my son’s hair was longer and curly we used Shea Moisture and it was amazing. 
  • Options
    J&J makes all my kids break out in awful rashes. Plus they just had to settle a multi billion dollar lawsuit about the ingredients in their baby products. I know they work for some, but just make sure to check recall lists! I tend to use Aveeno but the fragrance bothered my youngest. We found Honest’s bath stuff usually worked for all 3 pretty well but they are a bit $$$ so if it’s not a gift, I usually just get whatever is for sensitive skin and the lightest scented lol
  • Options
    Thanks all. She does have really sensitive skin. J&J so far has been ok but I’ve noticed a giant dry patch on her scalp that’s not peeling, just hanging out there. I was thinking of switching to something like Aveeno or Honest. Thanks!
  • Options
    @MrsLaLaBug ugh I'm sorry that sucks!! I hated when we were house hunting falling in love with a house and then finding out all those sneaky little deal breakers.
  • Options
    @jackdetroit hang in there mama!! We are all thinking of you!! 

• Options
    @jackdetroit we are here when you need us! Hang in there with whatever is going on! 

• Options
    Told myself I would fold all the baby laundry I washed today (two loads… FULL of teeny tiny baby clothes. That’s a shit ton)
    but I. Can’t. Do. It. 
    Zzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    THE BARRICADES ARE OUT!!!!!! It’s getting reall!!!! Parade rolls in 8 days!!!!!! 

• Options
    You know how you keep buying chapsticks and you have no idea where they go? Well I found one yesterday...was getting ready for bed and I turn around and see DH with my chapstick applying it to his HANDS. 😱 Like wtf? First, that *was* mine, 2nd, I have hand lotion, dude. Just ask. 🤦‍♀️
  • Options
    LOL @pajamstagrams I am TOTALLY that chick who has the purse chapstick, the bedside table chapstick, the car chapstick, the bathroom chapstick, the makeup bag chapstick, and the kitchen junk drawer chapstick. No lie. And when ONE of them is missing it literally messes up my whole routine. 😂😂😂😂😂

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Hey, this a TB question. Do y’all get notifications when you’re tagged in a comment? I’m having trouble finding when someone’s responding to me without scrolling through all the comments on every thread. 

@pajamstagrams & @MrsLaLaBug I have the chapstick. But I’m spoiled to Burt’s Bees (Vanilla Bean specifically). I sometimes need some Blistex but I follow it with my BB’s. It’s an addiction during winter months!
  • Options
    @MrsLaLaBug I went from the top of this thread like "heck yes! got an offer accepted" to "aw, crap!" I swear house hunting is terrible and toys with your emotions so so much. I recall the first house we put an offer in, I was in love with it and already planning how we would do a summer birthday party with the pool and land and then they took an offer that was only 5k more than ours. I was crushed but looking back I'm so so glad we didn't get that house. 

@b_1029 for the longest time I was just using the J&J or Aveeno baby/kid shampoo with DD. But girlfriend has some nice curly hair and that shampoo just left her hair looking limp and sad and with a weird texture. So I talked to my hair dresser and she advised that I just move her over to an adult formula shampoo/conditioner to match her hair type along with some curl cream each day. Night and day!! 
  • Options
    @taylorharris0522 the bump app is HORRIBLE about notifications. The only time I get them is if I'm actively in the community app. If you go on your web browser on a computer you can see notifications in the top right corner.