June 2022 Moms
Options

What My Pregnant Self is Craving/Crying About - February

Re: What My Pregnant Self is Craving/Crying About - February

• Options
    Today I cried after a hair cut because the person left it unstyled so I would know what it looks like with zero effort since I told her I don’t have the energy for self care right now. But then I just looked at my hair that I was hoping would leave me feeling pretty for the first time in weeks and was so defeated. I managed to hold on to the tears till I got home at least.
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    edited February 2022
    @pinkkillersheep reading that almost made me cry!  Im sorry it didn’t leave you feeling good. 

My family. No one will leave me alone and I’m so burned out.  A break down today is imminent. All I wanted this morning was to take a shower before logging into work and even though I was up for two hours before they left for daycare/school I still couldn’t shower. I’m feeling defeated. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @KFrob *hugs* This is really hard.
  • Options
    @krob I feel this so much. It's the worse feeling. Hoping you can have some you time soon and feel better.

I'm craving sour gummies so bad... I'm vegetarian and I don't know where to get any vegetarian friendly ones but I need some asap.
  • Options
    Thank you @ournextadventure and @pinkkillersheep

@ournextadventure do you have a Trader Joe’s near you? Their sour T & J gummies are vegan 
  • Options
    @kfrob. No I live in the middle of no where so we have like one grocery store close by. I was hoping maybe i could order something online.
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    edited February 2022
    @ournextadventure turns out sour patch kids have no gelatin or wax! 

Edit to add now I want some! 
  • Options
    @KFrob Good to know. I like sour patch kids.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    @kfrob I didn't know this!!! my husband bought me some! Thank you for this! 
  • Options
    I watched this video from Motherly about being a mom during the pandemic and I full on sobbed. My husband was so confused when I suddenly started crying last night in bed.
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Options
    I cried twice today because my toddler is at his grandparents so I have free time to do things for me and I have absolutely zero energy. 
  • Options
    I had to reschedule my anatomy scan because my healthcare facility is not allowing visitors due to the COVID surge. That meant my partner wouldn’t be able to attend. AND they wouldn’t allowed FaceTime either. So I rescheduled it for a week and half out in hopes that the policy changes. I was really looking forward to seeing baby, for weeks! As soon as I hung up, I broke down crying. Extreme sadness kicked in. Inconsolable to the point that my partner had to schedule an exam with a third party. Hormones are so weird. 
  • Options
    @covyes Covid has me super emotional too because I feel like it’s stealing my pregnancy experience. I hope you get in to see your sweet baby soon! 
  • Options
    @covyes I went to my anatomy scan alone. It made me sad, but I was ready to make sure the baby was okay. I got to get a flash drive of all the pics to show my husband. I wish they would at least allow video chat.
  • Options
    The book I read on the plane yesterday had a pre-teen girl losing her beloved mother and I just sat there and wept. I almost never cry so all these pregnancy emotions are very foreign. 
  • Options
    Ok everyone else has good reasons to cry. I cried because I wanted Chick-fil-a yesterday and they’re closed on Sundays. I also cried because my boyfriend was going to a super bowl party and even though I said I didn’t want to go (and I really didn’t) I was mad that he went without me.
  • Options
    I crave sweets nonstop! Cake, cupcakes, donuts, chocolates… you name it! I told myself I wouldn’t eat sweets during pregnancy to avoid getting GD, but that’s been out the window.