June 2022 Moms

Re: UO Tuesday 2/1

• Snow is not magical. It's dirty, slushy, gross and I'd be fine with only getting an inch of snow here and there. A foot of snow is just a giant nuisance. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Self care is crap. This is a relatively new opinion for me as I typically like occasionally spending time on things a face mask and whatnot. But right now it all feels like a giant amount of effort that isn’t worth it.
    @Tulips29 I can sometimes get myself there on liking snow because I try to convince myself you can do fun wintery things like skiing (which I never do) or build a snowman (which we don’t get enough snow for). But this year since I can’t do any of those, snow just means another reason to be worried about trying to walk outside because I’ll slip and fall.
  • Loading the player...
  • @pinkkillersheep I would normally disagree on the self-care, but I have to agree while pregnant. I typically enjoy doing my skincare, trying new items, etc. But now, but the time I put kids to bed, I'm so exhausted that the thought of extra 10 mins at the sink to do my skincare or try new masks is exhausting. I can't wait to have enough energy for it again. And we did get enough snow to go sledding with the kids this weekend, which was so fun. But now there's just giant piles of dirty snow everywhere from the plow trucks, street parking is limited where it's needed, and putting on giant snow boots gets me completely out of breath these days. I'm over it. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @pinkkillersheep I’m in the group of people that knows I need self care, but then get myself stressed out trying to make it happen. Like it’s one more thing to worry about. But in a broader sense like hobbies and a social life, vs like getting my nails done.  At this point it’s a real treat if my morning routine involves a half leg shave and some body lotion lol. 

@Tulips29 GAH take it back! Snow is magical!! Winter is my favorite season though. I hate spring bc I feel like it’s all dirty mud.
  • @KFrob I was really pulling for the pandemic to bring about the end of shaving. I went ahead and gave it up anyway and now I refuse to go back. I still feel weird showing my unshaven legs in public but at the same time it just takes so frickin long. Plus I have red hair so it’s not like I can splurge on laser hair removal. 
  • @pinkkillersheep I stopped shaving a long time ago because I kept getting razor rash. Back before I became a mom, I would go get my legs waxed and it was nice but now I do it myself, but sometimes it can take awhile for that to happen, ha, and I am not in a rush to wax them, have to have the energy.

@Tulips29 I love skin care as well. I like to shop at Ulta, so I get the fancy stuff when they have their 50 percent on sale on certain items. 
  • @KFrob I like spring in theory but we rarely have a real spring here. It goes from cold to hot really quickly and I suffer from allergies in between. It’s not pleasant. 

@romeoandjuliet146 I love Ulta’s beauty deals. They just opened one up in my neighborhood and I’m so excited! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Hershey’s syrup doesn’t make good chocolate milk. Controversial, I know. 
  • @romeoandjuliet146 I tried to wax my legs the last time I was pregnant (and by me I mean I paid someone) and it hurt so bad. The aesthetician was like “yeah, all that extra blood from pregnancy makes you more sensitive so it hurts more.” 😳
  • @fluteling I’m going to piggy back on this and say as an adult I’ve realized basically all Hershey products suck. I’m like why did I like this garbage as a kid!? 
  • @fluteling Agreed. I switched to Nesquick a long time ago for the reduced sugar amount. Now I don’t drink nearly as much dairy but I occasionally use it in my coffee. 
    @KFrob All Hersheys chocolate products taste like, oily?, to me. I don’t know how to describe it. 
  • My OB appointments are a waste of my time for the most part. I can feel this baby move so I don’t need them to tell me her heart is beating.  I swear I just go in there and they ask if I have any questions and send me home 🙄
  • @marionberry19 Absolutely! I can't remember but is your doctor's office far away? So then you are driving that far for a heartbeat check?

The one time, I actually had someone with me to see the ultrasound was the one time instead of an ultrasound it was just to check the heartbeat.  

I had an appointment with a new doctor, while my doctor was on vacation. I was excited to see the baby, with a family member there,  and all she did was check the heartbeat and ask if I had questions which I didn't.

It felt like a waste. 
  • @fluteling I like Nesquik and Ghiradelli for chocolate milk.
  • @romeoandjuliet146 Ghiradelli brownie mix has ruined all other brownies for me.  I've become a brownie snob. 
  • @romeoandjuliet146 yes it’s 2 hours away🥴 I’m going to see if I can make them virtual until third since I can check heart rate and blood pressure, weight at home. Which I think is only like 2 more appointments lol. 
  • @marionberry19 I want to cancel my next one since just heartbeat check, but I think I pick up that drink for the glucose test for the appointment after that.