July 2022 Moms
Options

What My Pregnant Self is Eating (February)

What are your cravings or aversions? What are your go-to snack ideas? We need to hear em! Eating feels like a full time job right now! ๐Ÿ˜†

Re: What My Pregnant Self is Eating (February)

• Options
    Anything with pasta lately, Baked bbq lays, asparagus. My beef aversion is gone but my coffee one is still going strong.ย 
  • Options
    Iโ€™ve been making veggie sandwiches for weeks. Been craving sweets since day 1 but have already gained a good amount of weight so trying to be thoughtful. Also interested in any healthy, easy meal ideas from anyone!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Carbs. Pasta. Pizza. Lord help me not gain 50lbs like I did with my last. ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ™
  • Options
    Currently obsessed with the oatmilk smores ice cream that so delicious makes.ย 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    I've been craving fruit loops lately. I had a nice expensive meal at a restaurant the other day and all I wanted to do is come home and eat a bowl of fruit loops lol
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Options
    This is going to sound so gross but I crave and eat this every-single-dayโ€ฆ.ย 

Tuna with avocado. I put two packs of tuna in a bowl with a chopped up avocado and sprinkle balsamic vinegar and everything bagel seasoning all over it. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Itโ€™s so good and salty. I love it.ย 
  • Options
    i feel like now that Iโ€™m in 2nd tri a lot of my cravings have gone away โ€ฆ I still canโ€™t do anything with onion though. I had a salad the other night (no onion) and I swear I could smell onion as if they had to take it off before they gave it me ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ˜‚

Otherwise pickles and olives are high on my list. Every morning I have an egg, avocado sandwich, followed by my usual smoothie. I naturally eat a lot of fruit and I believe thatโ€™s why I donโ€™t crave sweets at all. If anything I eat a lot in the morning but otherwise feel like my normal self again with food now itโ€™s weird.

I deff felt like I had to eat more / had more cravings near the end of the 1st tri compared to now. Anyone else?ย 
  • Options
    @oli9 that sound that gross actually hahaย 

@tuxielove93 deff going to try that, their chocolate chip cookie dough is my favoriteย 
  • Options
    I bought a package of Chips Ahoy now that I'm incorporating gluten back into my diet and OMG I forgot how freaking delicious these cookies are.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 |ย Together since 2007 |ย Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3ย |ย all BFN
    IVF #1 |ย 6.11.19ย |ย 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1ย |ย 9.10.19ย |ย BFNย "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testingย |ย all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2ย |ย 3.31.20ย |ย Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE |ย 8.20.20ย |ย Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! |ย 9.22.20ย |ย MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally |ย starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist |ย 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy |ย 10.1.21ย | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono |ย 10.15.21ย |ย normal
    Bloodwork |ย 10.21.21ย |ย high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22ย B)ย | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch;ย added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI |ย 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check |ย allย normal
    Labs |ย high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up |ย 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    leelynkhleelynkh member
    edited February 2022
    Oh my gosh, @francesgs I can't get enough of baked chips either!ย 
  • Options
    While at the store I got SUCH a hankering for peaches cut up and marinated in sugarโ€ฆโ€ฆ but we donโ€™t have any peaches right now ๐Ÿ˜ฉ we do have cherries again but I donโ€™t want them anymore.ย 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    @tuxielove93 I got so excited because our store has cherries again AND my husband bought me a HUUUUGE container. ๐Ÿ˜† (He does the grocery shopping.)
  • Options
    For lunch I had a great salad with a million veggies, chicken, walnuts - it was so yummy. For dinner I had 2 cannolis. It's about balance folks ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • Options
    zinnia19zinnia19 member
    edited February 2022
    I went to my favorite bookstore this weekend and there just happened to be some girl scouts selling cookies outside! So you know my pregnant self bought three boxes! It was so exciting. Thin mints are the best. ๐Ÿ˜‹
  • Options
    Iโ€™ve been craving acids- lots of citrus and lots of tomato-based things. I made tomato basil soup for lunch today and it was amazingโ€ฆ
  • Options
    @sunshineandlemons That is what I crave now and when I was pregnant with my daughter. Give me anything tomato based and I am happy!ย 
  • Options
    Iโ€™m craving Iceberg lettuce like a mad person this week. Thatโ€™s all I wantโ€ฆ (with blue cheese dressing and crumbles ๐Ÿ˜ฌ) but itโ€™s an overpowering craving. So crunchy and crispy and watery and good.ย 
  • Options
    Early on it was pizza and burgers โ€ฆthen I had a veggie sandwich phaseโ€ฆI also love tuna melts but am limiting those and only buying the safe catch brand. Now Iโ€™m making lots of toast and hard boiled eggs. I was a daily eggs person pre-pregnancy (usually over easy) and now I only want hard boiled. And of course my sweets cravings are through the roof - I was a chocoholic pre Preg and now I also want sour candy which is very unlike me. But trying to be healthyโ€ฆyogurt, Greek salads, etc.. always open to new easy, healthy meal ideas!!
  • Options
    McDonald's vanilla milkshakes. I never ordered these pre-pregnancy, but it has been the most random, strong craving in the last two weeks I've gotten three! I had another random one with my last pregnancy: Tim Horton's frozen raspberry lemonade, funny thing is, now I really don't like that drink at all! Cravings are so funny - but man, is it ever satisfying to give in to pregnancy cravings! Nothing else on earth tastes as good haha
  • Options
    All Iโ€™ve been able to think about all week is macaroni and cheese. I am normally not much of a Mac and cheese person aside from holidays but I bought a 3 pack box of the velveta and plan for that to be dinner tonight.ย 
  • Options
    @bearsandbeets7 Iโ€™ve been eating a lot of mac and cheese too. Mostly out of laziness because Iโ€™ve not wanted to wash and cut my head of lettuce at lunch time, so Iโ€™ve had my kidsโ€™ easy mac lol! No regrets!
  • Options
    I just wanted everything at costco today. All the snacks. I stuck to the list but it was hardย 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    I had such a strong craving for salmon this week, so I went and got a nice filet and baked it just how I would want it and by the time it was done, I was totally grossed out by salmon and only ate one bite and gave the rest to my dogs and cat. ๐Ÿ˜‚ ย 

Oh pregnancy.ย