1st Trimester

Over it !

I was thinking my symptoms were gone but they came back. The main thing that's aggravating is my struggle with food aversion with almost everything. I went from 225 to 213 in no time bc I haven't been eating. I'm 11 weeks I'm hoping it'll get better once this trimester ends.

Re: Over it !

• I am so sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well.  I ended up losing 16lbs in the first trimester for a similar reason.  Something that was helpful for me was drinking Pediasure drinks.  I was able to tolerate drinking better than eating, so I stuck with smoothies and kids protein drinks.  I also ate so many saltine crackers and pretzels that I hope never to see one again. I hope you feel better soon!  You are amazing! 
  • It's like I'm struggling with both eating and drinking. I'll definitely look into the drinks and I did have some cheez its that I enjoyed. When did you notice that it was getting better ?
  • Loading the player...
  • I can't quite remember, but I think around 16 weeks or so.  At that point, I wasn't getting sick quite as often.  Unfortunately there was no magic "hey you made it to second trimester so your stomach feels better" moment.  My family does have a history of being sick throughout the whole pregnancy though. 

Hopefully yours won't last too much longer and you will find the right combination of food/drink etc to feel better in the meantime.  You can also talk with your Dr about nausea medication (prescription or over the counter) which might help.     
  • @siftedsweets sorry you’re struggling! My only additional recommendation is to experiment with temperature. I found that ice cold drinks, ice cold smoothies, etc., were MUCH easier for me to tolerate. I don’t know why, but if I could make something super cold, it was easier to keep down. I made a LOT of smoothies with yogurt, frozen fruit, protein powder, and tons of ice. 
  • Thank you ! I will be trying this 
  • I find fruit to be really helpful, it’s hydrating and gives you a quick blood sugar boost that can help with nausea. My go-to fruits are watermelon (I buy the pre-cut so it’s easy to just grab a few pieces), apples, and grapes. 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19