Weekly Check-in August 1-15

EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Team:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY- What is your favorite thing about your career?

Re: Weekly Check-in August 1-15

• Options
    @lmaplejc I hope your sons class stays negative!!! Also, that sounds like a dream job!!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @paytonpedro thank you!  It feels like every week we holding are breath to see if his classroom will be open.  

Work is fun, I’m super grateful.  The downside in working with really expensive/luxury furniture is dealing with a lot of big personalities who are used to getting everything they want.
  • Options
    wine_mama_03wine_mama_03 member
    edited January 2022

EDD / Weeks + Days: 8/2, 14w tomorrow (Hello second trimester!)  :)

Baby is the size of a(n): Beet

Team: Surprise!

Upcoming Appointments: Nothing for another 3 weeks

How are you feeling?: Pretty good, anxious to be planning, because what else can I do on these cold/snowy weekends? Edited: physically feeling good, emotionally, a roller coaster. Fun times.

Rants/Raves: I may need to go shopping for pants this week. I have 3 pairs of jeans that fit for work, but one pair is feeling tight today. Not sure if that's more of a rant that my pants are tight or a rave that I get to go shopping?

Questions: Nothing at this time.

GTKY- What is your favorite thing about your career?: I work in an R&D facility, so getting to work on innovative projects is a lot of fun. In my current role, I work on a lot of color projects and have started to really get into data science. I'm also the lead for our science education program, and I enjoy planning and volunteering for our different outreach programs.

• Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: August 15/12 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): apricot, which is fitting, because apricots are currently the lifeblood of my digestive system

Team: finding out, eventually

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow for NT scan and doctor visit

How are you feeling?: Ehh, I mean, my "seven day average" keeps feeling better week to week, but I'm still in the first tri and I'm just annoyed about it.

Rants/Raves: Writing group started up at work again last week and I got so much done! Yeah for in-person productivity.

Questions: none

GTKY- What is your favorite thing about your career? (Historian) I love the teaching and that I get to teach classes on my research interests; and I also love the research and that I have other colleagues who like their research too so we can write together and commiserate about conferences together, etc.

@regalmommy1 I mean, yeah, I think if you like skinny jeans in real life, the maternity skinny jeans are comfortable, because my legs didn't change size or shape, just the top part where the stretchy panel is. But it is annoying that you can't find other styles.
  • Options
    @fromfurmomtobabymom8-2 yay for second tri!!! I totally hear you on the emotional roller coaster, hang in there friend! Also, totally rave to get to go shopping! You’re pants are kinda supposed to get tight while you’re pregnant. Lol. Have fun shopping!!

@regalmommy1 you could definitely bring it up in our maternity clothes thread if you haven’t already, but I personally like skinny jeans. I will say though that getting the on and off at an appt is super annoying! Have you tried Poshmark? They’re used, sometimes new, almost always in great condition, and have all different styles!

@wisewitch222 i am a huge history buff, we plan a lot of vacations around historical cities or landmarks. What is your favorite historical timeframe?

@itsme215 I love that it says hard boiled egg. My first thought when my app told me that was does it have to be boiled?  🤣 lol. How nice that your headaches are going away! Have you been doing anything special? Asking for a friend… lol

@and_peggy  so happy that there been no spotting in the last week!! 🤞🏼🤞🏼 I love everything you said about being a sahm ❤️

I waited until after my appt today to update here!

EDD / Weeks + Days: 8/12 12+4

Baby is the size of a(n): cupcake/ apricot/ hard boiled egg

Team: can I just celebrate TEAM PINK until proven otherwise?!? 🎀

Upcoming Appointments: I had a really good appointment and NT scan today!! Next appt is 2/28

How are you feeling?: currently on cloud 9!! I’ve been having a ton of headaches but my sinuses are also super dry. Lots of cravings and full super fast. I’m really thrilled with everything today!

Rants/Raves: the u/s tech tried really hard to give me a sure answer on sex today and it was very clear that there was no obvious penis. It looks like a girl!! But I’d still kind of early to tell for sure. So I’m crossing everything and praying hard! I’m thinking we’ll book a gender scan at a boutique u/s some time in the next week (after Thursday) to get another look and see what they think!! Trying not to get too excited but I’m pretty excited!

Questions: long shot but has anyone else had a look between the legs this early and been told girl (or been told not obviously boy) then subsequently had a girl?

GTKY- What is your favorite thing about your career?

I’m also a sahm, and while the days are long, the years have just flown by. I love, and am so grateful, that I get to experience my children’s daily lives and watch them grow. 

I also work at an animal hospital on Saturdays and it’s very rewarding. I’ve been doing it for 10 years (at the same clinic until they sold a year ago but still same building and same clients) and having relationships with the clients and their pets has been my favorite part!

• Options
    @paytonpedro I'm late Roman/early medieval. My degree is in ancient history from like the 400s BCE - 600 CE but my research is mostly on 400-600 CE. And definitely the Mediterranean world, so all the sites are a big vacation away (but mostly no longer extant, having been replaced by late medieval churches and cities so it doesn't really matter.)
  • Options
    @wisewitch222 so interesting! So like a long, long time ago haha. I definitely am super interested in more recent history, more 1600’s-1950’s. But I remember being super interested in early civilization when learning about it in school!
  • Options
    @paytonpedro nothing special for the headaches, sorry… I do think they were being exacerbated by cedar so maybe that’s calmed down here a bit. I still have a super dull one at times but at least I can function with that. I’m not convinced they won’t come back either, we’ll see. 

Oh and yeah when I told my husband it was the size of a hard boiled egg today I was like “or uh, I guess just an egg…” 
  • Options
    @itsme215 well regardless I’m glad they’re easing up for you!! Today hasn’t been terrible for me, but yesterday I had one. I think half my problem is how dry it is right now (inside and out). 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro my experience is not what you want to hear. My best friend in England had an early ultrasound done at 14 weeks before her H deployed for their oopsie #3 and the tech swore girl. She did not believe the tech when I went with her to her anatomy scan that it was a boy. 🤣 Until he circled it. And then wrote a note. It was their boy after 2 girls. 
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick thank you for sharing! I did read that’s possible but it’s more rare to see girl and have it be a boy than to see boy and it actually be a girl. I did schedule another u/s at a boutique for next Wednesday to take another look. I’m definitely holding onto my glimmer of hope!
  • Options
    @paytonpedro I’m hoping you get your girl! 😘
  • Options
    @darkrose88 I think we’re supposed to get hit by the same storm, except no rain for us. Just snow. I hope it doesn’t ruin your plans! Maybe have your mom just stay over? I can’t drive at night, and any weather definitely makes it worse so I understand that so much. 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro This is interesting! So it is more common to see a boy on an early ultrasound and it end up being a girl?  
  • Options
    @paytonpedro Oh man, you’ve got me googling.  Seeing the same.  Looks like about a 1 in 10 shot of getting the sex wrong at a 12 week ultrasound.  I think it was a pretty clear penis shot that we saw, but now I’m more curious for the NIPT results.  I did just buy a ton of baby boy clothes at our local kids consignment store sale 😅
  • Options
    @lmaplejc I hope your shopping wasn’t in vein!! MH told me strictly no shopping for pink yet 😅😅 and fwiw, at 12+3 with ds2 there was a very clear penis that’s still there today. Lol
  • Options
    @and_peggy aww thanks! Did they not reschedule the performance?

@paytonpedro Unfortunately her staying the night wouldn't work out. We could try and arrange to accommodate her but it would be her and her dog having to stay overnight. Plus sometime overnight it'll change from rain to snow so she might get stuck here. Thankfully it won't drop to freezing until after midnight (we should be back by then) and she only lives 15 mins down the road so we think her driving home is the smartest option. 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro 😆 glad they’re still there.  I’d honestly be OK either way.  If there is a sex swap with the NIPT results, she’ll just be wearing a lot of blue.
  • Options
    @and_peggy what?! That seems like such a long time away right now. 😂
  • Options
    @arimelo just want to say thank you for being a teacher, and thank you to everyone else on here who is a teacher. I can’t imagine how hard your job is right now and I wish you were all paid WAY more. 
  • Options
    @buffythevampireslayer 💯 Teachers deserve all the raises, their job is downright impossible right now.
  • Options
    Thank you so much @buffythevampireslayer and @lmaplejc. I also hope things get better bc so many of my colleagues and myself are considering a career change. Fingers crossed🤞🏽
  • Options
    @and_peggy wow! Ugh, that's crazy. I know Hamilton is popular but that seems like forever before you get to see it now. FYI - it will be totally worth the weight if you chose to go. Seeing it live was an absolutely amazing experience.