August 2022 Moms
Options

What is that stink ?

My son always says what is that stink instead of smell.  For me its play doh, I went to open my son's doh for him and went running to the bathroom. Also the smell of my new oil defuser which I loved when I bought it, is awful. I feel bad for my husband because as you all know it just comes over you so one day I wake up and I hate his shampoo, deodorant and cologne.

What smells can you not handle anymore?

Re: What is that stink ?

• Options
    For me, it was the smell of old sponges. I almost puked the other day when I went to wash some dishes. DH ended up throwing it away so I'd go back in the kitchen lol. 
  • Options
    All the smells. All of them. 😬
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    All the smells. All of them. 😬
    Yup and yup. 

Mh washed the toilet with bleach the other day while I was in there doing my hair and I could have killed him. I couldn’t stop gagging. My prenatals also smell horrible but thankfully covid knocked some of my smell out, so I don’t smell them currently. They, and the subsequent burps, still taste horrid though. 
  • Options
    I haven’t noticed specific things really smelling too terrible but the other day my husband made a comment that I haven’t been commenting on how good the kitchen smells when he’s cooking lately (typically before being pregnant like 2-3 times a week I’d be like wow! It smells great in here!) so I guess there have been some changes! 
  • Options
    Everything sort of has a scent to it, and most of them range from “that’s not great” to “instapuke”. But the only thing I can say for sure is that I smelled MH’s toothpaste in the bathroom this morning after he had left. I’ve never, in my whole time being married to him, been able to smell his toothpaste. Soap, sure. Shampoo too. (I buy him fancy shampoo because he keeps his hair long and it’s fine and tends toward oily, and I like it cus it smells nice.) But toothpaste? It was weird.

• Options
    Depends on the day right now, but I have to drive by the landfill a couple times a week and even in Wisconsin in January it still smells SO bad 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    cas060cas060 member
    edited February 2022
    The soap in all of our dispensers and mh's shampoo 🤢
  • Options
    Coffee has consistently made me sneeze like 5 times in a row every time I smell it. But I like the smell, my nose apparently does not. 
  • Options
    This is really random, but the only thing that I can't stand the smell of is Kimchii - we eat (or used to eat) quite a bit and now everytime my husband opens the jar, I could be two floors up in our bedroom and instantly I would think the whole house smells like garbage. He doesn't get it but I have told him if he wants to eat kimchii he has to do it outside!
  • Options
    I worked at Starbucks in the beginning of my pregnancy. The smell of impossible sandwiches made me puke instantly. Every time it was cooked. I ended up finding another job for that reason. 
    Now it’s the smell of random people in the grocery store and one of my body washes. I had to put that one in my cabinet.  
  • Options
    It’s the fridge. Walking past the kitchen trash and the smell of ketchup. Instant gag.
  • Options
    Hello and welcome @jfilizola21 and @cactuswren7!! If you haven’t already, please introduce yourself in our introductions thread so we can get to know you better! I look forward to seeing you both jumping in more threads and sharing this pregnancy with you both! 
  • Options
    My fridge has been tormenting me lately. Starting at 6 weeks I haven't been able to be in my kitchen for more than 10 seconds. DH has been in charge of everything from cooking for DS, to cleaning/dishes, to grocery shopping. He failed to toss out stuff in the fridge that was going bad. Cue a fridge full of rotting food and spoiled milk. Even after cleaning it out and wiping everything down, it still stinks. Foods stored in the fridge have even absorbed the smell, which is a special kind of fresh hell 😅

I've been using our garage to chill food rather than our fridge...
  • Options
    @malloryfrommn oh man, that's awful. We have one of those plastic deck boxes to store our deck chair cushions in, and when we put food in it, we call it the Pilgrim Pantry. Lol
  • Options
    @bridgiebee82 I love it!! I may need to adopt that terminology!
  • Options
    @malloryfrommn I just asked my brother if there was room in it today, and he said it's full! Lol I love that we call it that.