August 2022 Moms

UO 1/27

and_peggyand_peggy member
edited January 2022 in August 2022 Moms
Let’s hear those juicy unpopular opinions!
Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19

Re: UO 1/27

• Cilantro tastes like soap. It's disgusting and Chipotle needs to stop putting it on everything! 
  • Tea is disgusting.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @and_peggy for me it depends on the tea. 
  • 😂😂 to be fair @and_peggy there's like 3% of the population that cilantro tastes like soap for. Lucky me, I'm in that group.
  • @bridgiebee82 I’ve heard that before. I’m just someone who eats it regularly because Texas 😆 but I can respect that. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @and_peggy Normally I love tea but right now it's my only remaining pregnancy aversion and I agree with you. 
  • @wisewitch222 that’s annoying when you can’t stand to drink something you love! Hopefully it goes away soon for you.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• So I didn’t have an opinion about cilantro until as a young bride forever ago I made some freezer meals. One of them was a cilantro lime chicken. There was so much cilantro I couldn’t taste the lime or the chicken and I used less than the recipe called for even. MH is so frustrated with me because I won’t eat cilantro anymore, but I guess that was like all the cilantro I could have spread out over my whole life at one time. Haha! He said it would be less frustrating if it tasted like soap to me. 

UO… all soda is Coke. If you don’t want regular Coke, you should specify a flavor. Lol. 
  • I love Taco Bell.
    I also love Little Caesar's pizza.
  • Eating whole cooked fish is beyond disgusting
  • @mdfarmchick I doubt it but I’m always willing to try 😬
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @mdfarmchick +1 to all soda being Coke  :D I only drink Diet Dr. Pepper, but always refer to it as Coke. 
  • @bridgiebee82 my mil is part of the cilantro tastes like soap population and she drives me crazy with it. Lol. She also is extremely picky so it’s like just another thing I get to listen to her go on about not liking lol. 

@coco2787 as a camper owner, I agree with you 100% lol. It’s glamping. We did the whole tent thing, everything is packed in totes, no electric, super rustic, for many, many years (and my entire childhood). But we got it in our heads that a camper would be fun and less work in 2016. It’s not less work, it’s just different work (unless we leave it in the same spot and nothing goes wrong) and more comfortable. Lol. We sometimes cook inside, if it’s cold, and sometimes cook outside. We also spend every single weekend from May- Mid November in it, so it’s so much easier than putting up and taking down a tent, and lugging kids stuff back and forth. We also always put away electronics and prefer camping where there is no cell service actually. Except for pictures because you know, memories. 

UO: I’m going to up y’all’s “everything is coke” and tell you it’s not coke or soda, it’s pop. 
  • I don’t care if it’s called soda, Coke, pop, soft drinks, or whatever. I don’t like any of it and haven’t had one in well over a decade, maybe since college. I used to also hate carbonated water though and now I enjoy it, I had a lemon/lime one last night and pretended it was a margarita. 
  • @coco2787 no argument here. But I am not dealing with all of the things involved in real camping with young kids and quite frankly, I am okay admitting that I’m too old to sleep on the ground. @paytonpedro our favorite places to camp are all boondocking. We live in a big city with a small yard so camping lets us have a different backyard every weekend. 
  • On the topic of Soda, if any of you have been craving some, but avoiding or limiting it because of Sugar, High Fructose corn syrup, or chemicals, or whatever while pregnant, I recommend Olipop! It’s actually healthy and you can get it in most grocery stores (often in the health area.) They replicate a few flavors, and my husband (and diabetic Dad) LOVES their root beer, as it actually tastes much like a regular one! I’m not a big soda person but I like those! Plus they are good for digestive health! In my opinion the root beer and strawberry vanilla are best (although I can’t stand strawberries right now.)🤣

If we don’t feel like putting up a tent, we put a twin mattress in our Subaru Outback! But that’s just for sleeping. We are outside cooking over the fire otherwise! We won’t be able to do that much more! 
  • Unpopular Opinion:

I don’t find the appeal of steaks. 🥩 A brisket or slow cooked roast is incredible, but I don’t like steak. 
  • @mdfarmchick we also have a tiny yard but are so lucky because my grandma has a cabin on 100 acres like 50 minutes away. So we usually just leave the camper there and spend our weekends (and a lot of weeks vacations) there. I have a huge 1250 sqft garden there that I’m sad I won’t be able to really plant this year. I’ll have to delegate the work to my husband and dad lol. I also totally don’t consider it camping going there. It’s like a vacation house for sure. Usually a few times a year we’ll take the camper to a rustic state park or Jellystone (100% recommend looking it up if you have kids- they have all kinds of accomacations and a whole bunch of locations in the us and Canada!) but even then, still not really camping. 

Also, 100% agree that I’m too old to sleep on the ground! We bought a Coleman raised air mattress (it sits on like a fold up camping chair type base) while I was pregnant with DS1 for camping and I highly recommend!! 
  • @meagan822 oh I love a good filet! But it doesn’t like me and gives me terrible stomach pains. That’s a good UO! 
  • My 8 year old already wants his own TikTok 🥴
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • @coco2787 not an UO here! I’m with you! My sister is obsessed with Tiktok and I can’t even stand it. I absolutely refuse to use it and it makes me angry that I’ll have to give in one day- although I am hoping it’s old news by the time our kids are older. How does your 8yo even know about it?! Lol
  • @starkette I work for a vet (and have for 10 years) and I agree with you, to a certain extent. I do not support people who breed certain breeds, specifically pit bulls. Our shelters literally only have pits and it’s super irresponsible IMO. The practice I work for now (not by choice, my old boss retired and sold) has a huge repro side and it’s been interesting learning more about it. Personally I have a dog from a puppy mill (I was 18 and didn’t know any better), a rescue dog that lives with my mil because she’s nutty af, and a dog from a breeder. They’ve all got their own issues and quirks, but responsible breeding is definitely key. Our next dog, we plan on going through a breeder at my practice and getting a King Charles Cavalier. My husband likes them and I personally know the lady is a great breeder and is very ethical. 
  • @starkette I totally agree some of the content is great but I just wish it wasn’t in video form. My attention span sucks and if I try to watch videos at home my kids just invade my lap because they want to watch too and in public places it’s awkward and I never have headphones. I appreciate when there’s captions though. 

@paytonpedro TikTok video clips are shown everywhere now, even the news, so he knows about it from that. And then I made the mistake of letting him make a few videos on my account 🤦🏻‍♀️. (Yes, I have an account, because FOMO)
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • @coco2787 ahhh gotcha! I guess I’m just crazy and really limit what comes into my house(mostly for my own mental health honestly). I don’t use social media, except Snapchat- which to be fair is just my family and a couple close friends, and I don’t watch the news. We usually just watch Disney+, discovery+, Netflix, or HBO or starz. So we don’t usually watch too much cable anymore. I’m sure your boy has probably heard of it at school too, and I’m sure mine will as well eventually. 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • @wigglyicecream I'm with you. I got my ears pierced when I was six and it was so traumatizing because I was so afraid of pain, shots, etc., and I was always jealous of girls who got their ears pierced as babies and I think toddler girls look so pretty with earrings. 
  • @wisewitch222 that’s the other part of it for me but I felt I was getting long winded. When kids get older and want them a lot of time they find it traumatic and sometimes don’t take the best care of them and sometimes end up with infections. I got my ears pierced several times in my life as a young teen and I always had issues. I have 2 holes on each side and both of my cartilages pierced and I only wear earrings in my bottom holes bc they don’t cause me any issues or discomfort.