August 2022 Moms

PGAL 1/27

This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss(es). TW for entire thread due to discussion of MC, TFMR, CP, etc. 

Weeks/EDD?

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 

Any appointment updates? 

Any big milestones?

Rants/Raves/Questions?
Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19

Re: PGAL 1/27

• @and_peggy you know, I knew I was forgetting something. But with my stressful morning it didn’t even hit me until right now. Thank you for starting this!! ❤️
  • Loading the player...
  • @paytonpedro you shouldn’t have to start every thread 😆 got you covered
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @darkrose88 I gave away quite a bit but I had the sense enough to keep some things. My infant seat was used for 4 kids and was going to expire so I threw it out. Would have had to replace regardless. I honestly never had much gear. I did keep a pack n play and my Lillebaby. We have a crib that DS3 is in now.  Got rid of girl clothes (my daughter is 5 so they’re long gone but some I may be able to recoup (my SIL and a friend that has them). I gave away boy clothes up until size 12 months so I atleast have some stuff. And gave away K’tan and swaddles (all 4 hated swaddling though so I’m not sure it matters much).

So the only things I would have bought:
    - rocker/bouncer that I can transport from room to room, nothing bulky or stationary.
    - carseat
    - ktan
    - clothes/swaddles (I buy resale anyway so I’ll be able to get what I need pretty inexpensively)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @paytonpedro Yesss. Baby clothes shopping is the best! I'm glad you're feeling better. The second tri is so close! I'm jealous of all of you in week 12 already! I must have missed your comment in randoms - I'll have to head over there. Yay for vacations! Hopefully it will be a good time to relax and disconnect from real world things. 
  • @aukeev oh it’s nothing too interesting lol. Just me complaining about plumbing problems 😅
  • I couldn’t even read any of the comments on the spotting thread today. I’m just so sad. :heartbreak:
  • @mdfarmchick I was definitely tearing up. Heartbreaking. 

• Weeks/EDD? 9w5d/ August 30th

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)
    -Lost twin sons at 20 weeks in 2014
    -Lost a son at 12 days old (his twin brother is now 4) in 2017
    -Lost a daughter at 14 weeks in 2019

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 
    -Soooooo tired. Emotionally on autopilot

Any appointment updates? 
    -We had an ultrasound earlier this week. All 4 babies are right on track!

-This coming Wednesday I have an appointment with the high risk team. They are placing an Arabian pessary under my transabdominal cerclage to give my cervix extra support to avoid preterm labor

Any big milestones?
    - Not really

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    - I'm trying to keep myself from getting too excited but as we inch closer to the second trimester and having had the most recent ultrasound it's starting to feel kind of really that we are actually pregnant with quads
  • I mentioned in appts. that I have my nt scan today and I’m so anxious about it! I just hope baby is wiggly and good in there, but pgal is really getting me today. I was bored last week so I did a funsies amazon registry (totally based off having a girl, because why not) and bought a cup holder for a stroller off it that I needed anyways. Now I have the “welcome” package coming and I feel like I did it too soon and everything is going to go wrong. I’m spiraling. I’m going to go clean until my appt. to try and take my mind off of this and I’ll be back later to update!
  • @paytonpedro sending all the good scan vibes too you.
  • @paytonpedro I hope you had a reassuring ultrasound. I know exactly how you feel. 
  • @paytonpedro hooray! So glad baby is looking healthy!
  • @paytonpedro such great news! Mine’s tomorrow afternoon and I’m pretty sure time has come to a standstill