September 2022 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 1/26

kboydbowmankboydbowman member
edited January 2022 in September 2022 Moms
What random things do you want to talk about this week?

Totally Random  ReverbNation
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: Weekly Randoms 1/26

• Options
    Had our first ultrasound today - so excited and still just glowing :) 162 bpm and measuring at 7w2 with a new due date of 9/12. Tbh, a little disappointed we went “back” a week in progress. My cycles are longer so I anticipated this but it doesn’t make it any easier BUT that said, I’m thrilled little peanut is healthy! 

Totally random though, I had Honey Nut Cheerios last night with almond milk and omg it was so good?! I haven’t had it in so long and it was amazing haha. Good source of minerals and calcium too!
  • Options
    Totally feel you on going backwards. It’s like I lost some of the safety from being a little farther along. We have the same “new” due date though!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mk2022x that's exciting I have a week until I can hopefully be in your shoes ❤️

Guys I don't think I'll get sick of watching Encanto. My daughter just put it on again after watching Clifford. 
  • Options
    @jhysmath Doing better than me. We watch The PAW Patrol movie once a day (that's all I'll allow).
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    Oh we get that every other day @trapperkeeper87 the 1 year old loves it. 
  • Options
    @jhysmath I'm so glad that the movie is actually bearable. My 2-year-old loves when I quote it. 😄
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    @laj0217 due date buddies! 🙌🏼 
  • Options
    whitta1015whitta1015 member
    edited January 2022
    Random Question: What's everyone shopping for this week?! Not necessarily baby related. I just put new underwear in my Target cart for my 4 year old but need some more stuff for free shipping...because I'm that person. So I figured I'd see what everyone else was online shopping for!

*Edit to add - Maybe I'll go ahead and buy her Valentine's Day stuff while it's all still available.
  • Options
    @whitta I bought bacalavs (no idea of spelling, hat/ face thing) for the toddlers because it was freaking cold this week and their little faces got red when we were outside.  I also bought new undies for the 1 year old because she was doing a good job with potty training. Rain boots came in the mail this week for myself. 

I love targets Isabel and Ingrid maternity tanks I've worn one every day for the last 4 ish years I think lol. 
  • Options
    I ordered some keto strips for the boy person since the old ones were bad.  Other than that, just "food" for the humans, the cats, the dogs, and the car.
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    I had an ingrown toenail cut out yesterday and now my toe is throbbing. Waaaaahhhhh.
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
  • Options
    @jamiesc58 the worst part is actually when they inject the anasthetic.  You don't feel the actual procedure at all.
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    @kboydbowman omg last pregnancy I got a million ingrown toenails!!!! They are the worst! I am glad this go around, the third trimester will be summer and flip flop weather. Hope yours feels better! 
  • Options
    @Amphibious22 any chance is a boz Shepard? An ig account I follow is a person in Ohio who just had 4 dogs she bread picked up this weekend 😂
  • Options
    Just saying hi👋 I'll try to stay updated on here but I've somehow conditioned myself to feel nauseous every time I open the bump app. I'm gonna try to come on at times I don't feel sick to reverse the conditioning but it's so weird! I'm so ready for this morning sickness to be over!
  • Options
    @babywiik I had to unfollow a Facebook group because every time I saw it I got anxious. I think it was from so many miscarriage posts. Anytime I saw the heading I would get anxious regardless of what it was going to say. 
  • Options
    @babywiik  I’m with you on wanting to be through the morning sickness stage of this pregnancy.  I swear I’m being punished for not getting morning sickness with my son.  And yeah sometimes just looking at my phone makes me nauseous, maybe there’s something to that?
  • Options
    @jhysmath no she's a chow chow. That would be a small world though! She's 7 years old and has spent her whole life in a kennel as a breeding female so she's adjusting to being a pet and living in a house. All things considered, she's doing really well and has a super sweet personality. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    magnolia209magnolia209 member
    edited January 2022
    @Amphibious22 Congrats!!!! 

We went to the local Zoo this morning and it was so fun we bought a membership. They are strict about knowing exactly who is in the family and who the membership is for, but just need a number of kids in the family. I said 2. Just to have one less thing to worry about later! But it felt so strange!!!! 
  • Options
    @magnolia209 to the LA zoo?? I know a few people who work there and I actually worked with one of the tigers that lives there now. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    @magnolia209 if the world opens up and you're traveling, most zoo memberships are part of a larger group and you can use them at different places or get a discount at other zoos. Before the world shut down we asked for memberships to things for our kid. We got zoo membership to Buffalo zoo and were able to use it in Quebec and Boston. 
  • Options
    @jhysmath I did my undergrad at UB!
    Current pregnancy -

• Options
    @Amphibious22 Yes! Very cool. We’ll be there a lot! 

@jhysmath I love that! I’m from Cincinnati. The zoo there is amazing! But my mom has a family membership that covered us when we were there last summer (we went 3 times in 3 weeks last June!). The only other place we hope to visit soon is San Diego where we’d love to visit the safari park. I’ll look to see if there is a reciprocal deal because those San Diego zoos are insanely expensive! 
  • Options
    @magnolia209 I worked at the safari park for 6 years! But I'll tell you they don't honor memberships to other zoos. If you ever make your way down here though, let me know. It's very easy for me to get free tickets there. SeaWorld too. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    @Amphibious22 You are so awesome! We will be down at some point! A very good friend from my Sept 18 BMB lives in Carlsbad as do good real life friends! We’re planning to visit at some point in 2022! ❤️
  • Options
    @magnolia209 small world! I live very close to Carlsbad. And I was in the June 18 BMB, but was the only mom in southern California. It's nice having someone here with a similar age gap. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    @Amphibious22 I envision us all being friends! 🤣 It is a small world and I’m so happy that here in this BMB there are others (including you) who will have similar age gaps as me. Literally everyone I know IRL (in real life) as well as everyone in my past BMB who I stayed friends with all had babies in Spring 21 - giving them the 2.5 year age gap. 
  • Options
    So as I think more about my upcoming ultrasound on Thursday, I’m more and more worried they’re going to do an abdominal scan because the pre-appt info says to come with a full bladder. I’d only be about 6+5 ish and I don’t want to leave with more questions!

Has anyone had an abdominal scan this early? Were they able to give you answers/information? 

Sincerely, someone with no chill. 
  • Options
    @mokay19 In my experience that early (with both my first healthy pregnancy and my MC), they've started with the abdominal scan/full bladder, and if they couldn't find what they wanted, they just tell me to go empty my bladder and then will do the transvaginal scan. 
  • Options
    @whitta1015 okay okay. I want them to just skip straight to transvaginal for a better image! Lol
  • Options
    @mokay19 that's what they did for me for my first, my second they went right in, but also told me to have a full bladder and then said it was too full and to empty it. 

Got a call back from the garage and it's going to be a lot more money to fix my car than I wanted to spend. My husband is all, let's just get rid of it and but a new one, and I'm just sitting here thinking we just bought a new truck in the fall and thought it was too expensive of a payment and now he wants to add another payment when we'll have another daycare payment come next year. On top of that we're going to be doing a major remodel like $125k on our house in NY and I think my husband thinks money is falling from trees. I got my car in college and it's 12 years old so it's definitely time for a new one, but we barely drive it and it's used more for when one of us is going somewhere without the kids. I'm hoping the auto teacher at school replies to my email and maybe it's something my students will work on for me. 
  • Options
    Ugh just got a call from my son's preschool that there was a positive COVID case and his class is closed for this whole week. At least California reinstated COVID sick pay so I don't have to eat into my bank that I'm saving for mat leave. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    So this is a random vent from another app I just couldn't understand or wrap my head around. Won't say which one, and while I understand the unbearable pain of miscarriages because I've had one myself; how in the world can someone be so bitter towards other women and whole-heartedly, genuinely, coldly wish that their baby dies, and every expecting mother lose their child? On top of it women encouraging this attitude... It just makes me sick to think about. 
  • Options
    @Amphibious22 How are you doing on day 1 of quarantine while pregnant? Ugh! All of us with toddlers are going to be there! My son was home on quarantine when I found out I was pregnant! But seriously, thinking of you. 

Does anyone have any plans in February where they need to be social but still hide the pregnancy! Super bowl parties, things like that? So, because of Covid probably not (or who knows in other places - it’s just very strict here). But, we are having a Valentine’s Day party - outside - with my son’s small preschool class. We think of his class like a pod in many ways. The families are all tested weekly and the kids are together anyway. So we enjoy socializing with each other on the weekends, in various back yards. We’re super lucky that all the families get along and various people open up their awesome backyards. But, I’m not quite ready for them all to know at that point. There is going to be booze. I feel like this might call for a flow-y top and a mocktale…
  • Options
    @magnolia209 Put some water or something in a yeti (or whatever brand) cup. No one has to know what you're drinking! 
  • Options
    @magnolia209 yesterday wasn't so bad. Only one major meltdown because "he wanted to eat half a donut but didnt want me to cut the donut in half". Gotta love toddlers. Luckily having a new dog is novel and exciting enough to keep him occupied, plus the weather's nice enough to spend lots of time in the backyard. 

Also that is so cool about your son's preschool class being so close! And yeah I'd either do a mocktail or just use a cup that no one can see the liquid. I'm low key avoiding my friends bc most of what we do is drink wine and they'd know right away if I said I didn't want any. 🤣
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    @Amphibious22 At least Covid and quarantine give you the excuse to say - let’s get together next month! 🤣 I had to tell my 2 friends that I see most often. I’m just not good at lying. But I’m also happy to avoid most people right now on the guise of - let’s just wait until after the surge. I see those 2 friends most often because we all have 3 year olds and need to hang out out of desperation pandemic or no. And then, there’s the preschool crew. I just feel like they are going to know. I’ll do my best to be cool. Maybe if I tell just one of them (the one who confided in me when she was 6 weeks pregnant and I kept her secret for a long time!) it will make it easier. Or maybe that’s a slippery slope.