Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TFAS w/o 1/24

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Previous pregnancy experiences may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for?

Month/Cycle?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

Rant/Rave?

GTKY: What is your favorite tradition with your LO?

Re: TFAS w/o 1/24

• Options

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 5/6AL

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? I'm honestly not sure how I feel about it. My chart is looking pretty good, but I've gotten my hopes up for less so I don't want to jump the gun.

Any questions? None today.

Rant/Rave? We went to my MILs yesterday to watch Brady and the Bucs and as soon as we got there DH told MIL that she needs to not grab at DS as much. She likes to grab/pinch at kids to an obnoxious amount and DS has expressed that he doesn't like it. She was okay for the most part, until DH left to pick up the pizzas and she went right back to grabbing/pinching. He didn't like it so he backed away from her and she then decided to get in his face and ask for a hug. He said no, and she kept on, so he hit her in the face. It's obviously not okay that he hit her, but she also had it coming? All three of us asked her not to do and and she did it anyways. Maybe that's not the right mindset to have, and we did speak to DS about keeping his hands to himself, but also, she needs to listen. 

GTKY: What is your favorite tradition with your LO? I don't know that we really have a favorite. The world has been so crazy in his little 3 year old life, that somethings we haven't been able to do more than once yet. We're still trying to make traditions. 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    @tessiesmom26 that’s tough, but I agree that she kind of had it coming. I mean, she had been asked multiple times not to do it. I would definitely reinforce to DS that hitting us not ok and how to express it using his words, but ultimately she needs to learn not to do push like that also. Good for him for standing up for himself! 

Month/Cycle? 2/2

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 22 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? I mean, I’m only on day 5… I have a ways to go before O, which is usually around CD 18 

Any questions? No

Rant/Rave? We are isolated, so I can’t take DS out to play in our first significant snow if the season. He’s showing symptoms, if he weren’t I would take him out. With him being our first and living through all this Covid crazy, I just want him to have some normalcy. 

GTKY: What is your favorite tradition with your LO? I love reading with him at night! I’m a 3rd grade reading teacher, so I recognize and see first hand the importance of reading 15 minutes a day. I caught him the other day “reading” in bed and it made my heart so happy! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @tessiesmom26 That is a tough situation for anyone, let alone a three-year-old. It sounds like you handled it as well as could be. Hopefully that taught your MIL a lesson though!
    @ejoseph16 Aw, I'm sorry about the isolation! I hope you all get feeling better quickly. 

Month/Cycle? 5/5 AL

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 4.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Always a little anxious during FW, but hopeful for good timing.

Any questions? Not today

Rant/Rave? DD was sick last week with a respiratory infection which threw our whole week out of joint. Thankful she tested negative for Covid, but because of the Covid world we couldn't send her back to school even after she was out of the contagious period because she still had a cough. Sigh. Hoping for a little more normalcy this week!

GTKY: What is your favorite tradition with your LO? My current favorite "tradition" is that before bedtime my DD whispers silly secrets in my ear (and DH's) which are really just nonsense phrases that she thinks are funny. It is so sweet and a fun addition to our bedtime rituals.
  • Options
    @ejoseph16 I'm sorry you guys aren't feeling well. I know that you can't full on play in the snow, but maybe a little bit of time outside with the fresh air might help? Obviously if you all feel up to it.
    @abjm0325 I hope everyone is feeling well and you get back into your routine! Your tradition sounds so cute! I love the chatting that takes place during the bedtime routine. DS has made me belly laugh a time of two while we are snuggling right before bed and it's the best!
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    @tessiesmom26 I was boiling mad at her behavior just reading it. Yes, he should not resort to hitting, but she needs to keep her hands to herself if she expects others to do the same. No means no, stop means stop, consent is mandatory. She's modeling that if you're bigger, then the others wants don't matter. I'm sure she doesn't want to model that behavior for a boy who will one day grow into a man. I'm sure she'd rather model consent seeking and boundary respecting. I'm still worked up about it, honestly.

@ejoseph16 I love when they start to 'read'.

@abjm0325 fx for good timing. I find the fw the most emotionally exhausting part of the cycle too.

What number are you trying for? 4

Month/Cycle? 3/2

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 4.5g, ~3b, 1+b

Any thoughts about this cycle? Feeling optimistic that things are heading the right direction. Last cycle had o on day 29, this one looking more like 21. Now if I can just get a long enough lp and great timing, hopefully I can graduate to a bmb soon and take you all with me.

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? All raves this week. I'm leaving friday on an impromptu kid free solo cabin weekend, and with my earlier o day, I don't have to sacrifice this cycle to do so!

GTKY: What is your favorite tradition with your LO? Probably our annual summer kickoff vaca with my brother, sil and their only slightly older kiddos. I have a good relationship with my cousins and I want to give my kids the same opportunity. I get along ok with my brother too, so that helps.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @tessiesmom26 +1 to your MIL had it coming. Honestly, I teach my kids that it's not okay to hit but I also teach them that no means no and stop means stop. I've told my son (aged 8) that if he disrespects people's boundaries that one day he's gonna get hit. He needs to listen to people's words and body language and *respect* it!  Again, I teach them not to hit and that they shouldn't hit people, but there are consequences for your actions and one day he might push someone too far. Um, can you tell I'm a little fired up over here? If I had been there I would have probably physically stood between your MIL and DS and been like, come through me first, lady, I dare you.

@ejoseph16 I hope that you guys can get outside in the yard to throw a few snowballs, at least! And my kids love reading, too, which is really fun. DS just finished the Harry Potter series and I made him read it all through a second time to try to encourage him to understand it because I know a lot of it went over his head. We'll revisit it in a few years again.

@abjm0325 I hope your week is better this week. Those silly secrets sound adorable. Do you ever write them down? I bet she'd love to hear about it when she's older.

@sejica Yay for earlier O and yay for a solo weekend! That sounds great; enjoy!

What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle? 5/6

WTO/TWW? right in the middle

Ages of other child(ren)? 8, 5

Any thoughts about this cycle? We had good timing so far and I think O was probably yesterday so that's nice. Since my cycles seem to be pretty predictable (for the first time ever!) it makes this whole thing less stressful than previously because we can get good timing. Less stressful about timing anyway, aside from the AMA and being concerned I'll never get pregnant again 🤷‍♀️ Since my SO doesn't have any kids there's always a wonder if things are good with him (sperm-wise), though he's younger than me. Anyway, after this cycle I'll probably get in touch with the GP to talk about next steps.

Any questions? Not today

Rant/Rave? Geez, I've written so much already I think I'm done 😂

GTKY: What is your favorite tradition with your LO? Similar to @sejica I'd have to say the summer holidays with the cousins. It's a place my family have been going for over 60 years so it feels like home to everyone and it's a great chance to form those family bonds away from regular life and the pull of the internet. It's in the woods so we're back to the 1950's in terms of games and schedules. I love it.
  • Options
    @sejica your solo weekend sounds amazing!!!! Enjoy it! 

@paturkey I think we are going to try to get him outside today if his cough isn’t too bad. Last year we had a snowstorm that dropped a foot of snow, and he wasn’t even standing on his own yet, so we took him out and made a little snow dirt for him to sit in and play with the snow. He loved it! Sounds like your cycle vibes are positive this round! Hopefully all is well and you don’t have to call your GP. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Just popping in to shake my fist at the complications Covid continues to cause! My DD's classroom is closed for 10 days because someone sent their kid yesterday with a pending test that turned out to be positive. I am beyond annoyed as we now have to quarantine and juggle work and childcare for the next 10 days for a completely avoidable situation!  :|