Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY- What is your favorite food?

Re: Weekly Check-in Aug 16-31

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bridgiebee82 Ummm...YUM to your favorite food. I might have to put that on the meal prep schedule! 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    @brittanynmorris my doctor gave me an Invitae kit to take to a lab and said even if insurance doesn't cover it, it's only $99. Your doc does have to order the kit for you from Invitae, but it could be worth checking out if your insurance won't pay for testing!
  • Options
    @bridgiebee82 usually 2nd tri comes with an increase in energy but not sure if that’s true with twins…

@brittanynmorris I’ve paid OOP twice, the first time was $300, the second time was $200. It seems like $200 is about the average. Unless you’re AMA or are at increased risk for other reasons it’s almost never cheaper to go through insurance. Although that may have changed since it’s being done in place of the NT scan in many clinics so the coverage might be better than it used to be.

Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    @meagan822 our Christmas tree is still up too. As well as the garland all over our banisters. Goal is for it to be down by valentines. I think that’s reasonable. 
  • Options
    zzz2022zzz2022 member
    edited January 2022
    @meagan822 Please elaborate on the never been as far south as Hawaii :) I'm intrigued!
  • Options
    emilim821 I have an online portal that I can communicate with my insurance company. They were very vauge and didn't really answer the question. They said it was covered but then later sent a message if I have hit my deductible. Which means, it's not covered. Lol. So I was just curious of cost. My provider uses the MaterniT21 test. I'm very low risk, so I mainly wanted to do it for finding out the gender early. 

@mdfarmchick Thank you! That's the same test my provider uses, so I think I'll just call them to see what out of pocket costs are since my insurance is of no help...
  • Options

EDD / Weeks + Days: aug 24 10 w +1 day

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry 

Team: finding out

Upcoming Appointments: 2/1

How are you feeling?:  tired, nauseous, excited 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: N/A

GTKY- What is your favorite food? Chicken

• Options
    @zzz2022 whoa that’s crazy. That looks like a lot of snow!
  • Options
    bridgiebee82bridgiebee82 member
    edited January 2022
    @zzz2022 we are due date twins! I'm actually kind of jealous of your snow. We had a snow day last week and barely got a dusting. It was underwhelming, especially for where I live. I'm used to not having off unless there's at least 8 inches of snow on the ground. I never thought of a Mediterranean country like Greece as being able to have snow. Anything is possible I guess. Lol
  • Options
    @aukeev I’m glad you did the pregnancy spa ultrasound and have some peace of mind. 

@hola_knotties I am so glad that you waited and did a second scan. That whole scenario is crazy. Hopefully everything can be perfectly boring and normal from here on out. 
  • Options
    @maggiemadeit I just ordered steak with our pick up order because it suddenly sounded pretty darn good. MH is picking it up today. 
  • Options
    @meagan822 that's funny, AK and ME are my 2 states well. On my way to Maine as we speak!
  • Options
    @maggiemadeit Thank you! What was that conversation with your provider like, if you don't mind me asking? Is this your first planned c-section, or were either of your others planned? 

@meagan822 Thank you for saying that! It felt so easy to jump into by MBM with DS1, but baby talk has felt so stressful this time.

@hola_knotties So so glad your next scan was good! Seeing a healthy little baby especially after a scare, is the best feeling!
  • Options
    @bridgiebee82 I noticed that too! :) Yeah, people tend to think that it's always beach-weather here, but it can get pretty cold. This is very rare for us! I remember we got a light dusting the first year I moved here and when I asked someone when it would snow again, they replied "In 5 years." So I think everyone's a little baffled at what is going on. 

@meagan822 Thank you for sharing! <3 I had to look at a map afterwards to see how far north I've ever been, which was Niagara Falls  :D I'd love to travel to Alaska. I hear amazing things. I hope you and your husband have a wonderful time in Hawaii! 
  • Options
    @aukeev My first was an emergency c section. I had a bad reaction to morphine and a terrible recovery. My second was a VBAC that didn’t end well, so I am a mandatory c section this time. I told my provider my concerns about another c section, the morphine thing and also not wanting to schedule it too early. She was so reassuring and told me that the difference between scheduled and emergency is night and day, that they would ensure the hospital knew about my pain management preferences, and said I could schedule it as late as 40 weeks and wait to go into labor first if that’s what I wanted. I felt really comforted and reassured. I hope you have a similar experience when it's time to have that conversation with your doc/midwife!