Team:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY- What is your favorite food?

Re: Weekly Check-in Aug 1-15

• Loading the player...
  • @itsme215 Kiehls lip balm for chapped lips!
  • @paytonpedro I love peace and quiet to myself. That sounds glorious. 

I did a sneak peek with my DD at 16 weeks. Depending on how things go will determine if I feel comfortable with doing it again 
  • @furmama2babymama were covered in ice and now it’s snowing on top of that. And now I want popcorn!
    @starkette mmmmmm soft pretzel!!! I hope you can get the r&r you desperately need!
  • @fuzzywombat oh I am so sorry about your cat. One of our dog is 14, going on 15 this year and MH and I are worried about him because some of his problems are for sure worsening. All of that to say that I can emphasize. 
  • I'm so sorry to hear about your cat @fuzzywombat
  • @fuzzywombat ahhhhh no, I'm so sorry! :( we have a super senior old man cat (uncertain of age, we adopted when he was old, but he's around 18) and he's really starting to deteriorate, too. Losing weight, ravenous all the time, though the vet can't find anything physically wrong, he's just aging. It's soooo hard. My heart goes out to you.
  • @fuzzywombat I’m so sorry to hear about your cat.

@wisewitch222 Oo do you have any pasteurized soft cheese recommendations?  My precious La Tur is not so I’ll have to wait a while for that one.
  • Thanks @mdfarmchick@bridgiebee82, @wisewitch222@starkette, @lmaplej

I’m sorry @mdfarmchick@bridgiebee82, @starkette I’m sorry you guys are dealing/dealt with aging pets as well. It’s so hard ❤️
  • wisewitch222wisewitch222 member
    edited January 2022
    @lmaplejc If you don't have Wegmans near you, I don't. 😔 Their store brand bries and camembert are so good I don't even look for the fancier brands even when not pregnant. 

ETA - my first pregnancy we had Trader Joe's and I'm trying to think what cheeses I got there. I definitely ate them. If you have a TJ's I would just go there and read all the labels to find pasteurized. The national brands like Presidente are pasteurized but sub-par.
  • @fuzzywombat I’m so sorry. It’s so tough when our pets get older. As with a few others, I can empathize. My pup is only 12 but has diabetes and terrible hips and knees. He falls down the stairs all the time. Luckily he’s just 8/10lbs so he can be carried if needed but it’s so tough watching them get older.   
  • @wigglyicecream yay! I’m so happy you had a good appointment and baby is doing good!!!
  • darkrose88darkrose88 member
    edited January 2022

I was waiting until yesterday's appointment to post my update but didn't get a chance to yesterday! 

EDD / Weeks + Days: 8/6, 12 + 5

Baby is the size of a(n): Plum

Team: Finding out 

Upcoming Appointments: Just had one yesterday

How are you feeling?: Just the normal end of first tri pregnancy symptoms. 

Rants/Raves: Rant: Yesterday I had a frustrating appointment. Last appointment, when talking to the NP, we decided I'd get my STD testing done via a urine sample instead of a cervical swab to avoid more spotting (since I was still having it quite frequently at the time). Well, what they didn't tell me was, they weren't using the urine sample they collected that day, and instead I had to a lab to get it done. At the same time, they ordered blood work to get done. None of this was communicated. So when I came in for my appointment yesterday (at a different location with a different NP), they were like, oh we are going to do your cervical STD swab. I explained I thought it was getting done by testing the urine sample but they told me I hadn't gone to the lab so they wanted to do it then... I literally was so peeved. Not because they wanted to do the cervical swab (I haven't spotted in a few weeks so I had  not problem with that), but because they didn't communicate correctly the first time. I told them as much but I don't think they actually believed me. 

Questions:

GTKY- What is your favorite food? I love Arabic food. 

• @darkrose88 ugh I'm so sorry you went through that. So frustrating!!!
  • @darkrose88 I would be super annoyed about that too. But overall, good appointment right?
  • @mdfarmchick yes, otherwise it went fine. The NP answered my questions, and I got to hear baby's heartbeat, which was good.   
  • @darkrose88 I’m sorry. That sounds very frustrating. I think you can definitely turn down cervical checks, especially with a hx of spotting. I’m surprised she even want to do it. Hopefully they can be more clear with communication in the future!
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: Aug 4 / 13 wks today

Baby is the size of a(n): lemon

Team: *shrugs* not finding out sex if that’s what this is about

Upcoming Appointments: Feb 4

How are you feeling?: Less nausea than last week, but still pretty gross. Tired, gassy. Fun times.

Rants/Raves: I’m applying for jobs and finishing my PhD, and I’m concerned that I won’t get hired because of my bump. I know it’s illegal, but I also know there’s any number of other “reasons” they would choose someone else, and, even if I did get hired, the job would start like a week after my due date, which doesn’t feel like something I can physically or emotionally do. Sigh.

Questions: Hmmm… any tips for dealing with nausea and/or maintaining focus with pregnancy brain?

GTKY- What is your favorite food? Hard to pick one. I really love tex-mex and basically any carb covered with toppings (like pasta or fries or rice). Also big salads, but they’re annoying to make, so I don’t have them as often as I want/should.
  • @bunnypup What are you getting your PhD in? I know several moms who got hired for tenure track humanities jobs while pregnant. A tenure-track job is such an investment, no one's going to quit one ten weeks into maternity leave, I feel like that's the least of hiring committees' considerations. I wouldn't want to be pregnant on the job market because of the traveling, but there's a lot less of that now with the covid anyway.
  • @wisewitch222 I’m getting my PhD in English. That’s really refreshing to hear about other people getting hired for tenure track humanities jobs while pregnant. The traveling is a bit of a concern, but interviews are all happening over Zoom at least. One place I interviewed said there would be in-person campus visits (if I’m invited) sometime in March, and I can’t remember if the other place said visits would be in person or virtual.

Anyway, thanks for sharing that info. I’ve been feeling really stressed about the while thing lately but can’t put my family on hold.
  • @bunnypup Good luck on the job market! Remember it's a crap shoot anyway and if you don't get hired, it almost certainly has nothing to do with you! Also, nice to see another humanity on here. I have a PhD in history.