1st Trimester
Options

Constipation HELP!

10 weeks+5 days. Unbearable constipation. First time pregnant and really struggling. Any tips, or help I can get would be appreciated! โ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

Re: Constipation HELP!

• Options
    Prune juice and/or a stool softener.ย 
  • Options
    Colace is pregnancy safe and works like a charm!ย 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Drink PLENTY of fluids and incorporate as much dietary fiber as you can. Mine never really improved much until I was out of the 1st trimester. Call the OB office to get a list of medications you can take, I took docusate my 1st pregnancy but it didnt help me much.ย 
  • Options
    I ate 4 prunes every night and chugged water. Also, exercise is key to keep things moving so taking a good walk every day helps. Definitely talk to your doctor for their recommendations.ย 
  • Options
    Lots of water, regular exercise, and high fiber foods (a daily grapefruit really helps!). Try to limit dairy. Also look at your iron supplement, because not all iron sources are the same. Check with your doc if you can switch prenatals or take an iron-free prenatal and a separate iron supplement that is easier on your system.ย 
  • Options
    I use perdiem, it's the only stool softener I've ever used that works. It's safe for pregnancy. I usually take one before bed and one the next day and by the afternoon things are MOVING.ย 
  • Options
    Colace has saved my life the past 2 weeks. My RE said for me to take it, and that's its safe.
  • Options
    So happy to see this thread. Experiencing similar amd it is by far the worst symptom I'm suffering from. Nothing helps really. 11wks 5 days....hoping it starts to ease soon....

• Options
    Colace, and if that doesnโ€™t work magnesium glycinate.ย 
    Me: 35ย  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake,ย 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.ย ย 
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Panย 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12ย  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17ย  ย MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18ย  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girlย  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19ย  <3ย  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19ย