August 2022 Moms

TW_______________________________Loss, Calling It

Cramping worsened at midnight and then there was a huge plop of blood in the toilet, followed by another ~20 mins later, and then sizable clots in another ~20 mins. Cramps come and go, a tad worse than bad period cramps, but nothing concerning beyond plain ‘ol MC. Put a heating pad on and took a Tylenol and the pain is better. No temp, no vomiting. It’s 3:15am and I’m just gonna call this a loss. Not trying to call my on-call OB a third time in one day. As he confirmed when I spoke with him at length at 7pm - no intervention would save a pregnancy at 9w6d so, I’m just coping with the cycling pain and trying to relax. Keep reminding myself I didn’t do anything wrong. 

This is the longest I have ever had the privilege of being pregnant. I’m glad I celebrated every day, one day at a time. I don’t regret telling everyone, or buying a bassinet, because if it’s the longest I will ever be able to celebrate a pregnancy, I know I made the most of it.

I didn’t want to focus on past loss details before, but now for context - our last miscarriage was in 2016 and happened before I knew I was pregnant. Again in 2013 when I was still on the pill, which is what made me realize how much I wanted to be pregnant and I stopped all BC that year. Been trying ever since. Started IF after the 2016 loss a d years of infertility treatments never worked, so we decided to take the year off from them in 2021 and try naturally for the year. I was so hopeful that a no-assistance needed pregnancy would be the ticket. There’s some solace in knowing that I can actually get pregnant, without IF treatment, and carry for at least this long. My FI’s grandmother gave birth to his father at age 46, in 1965, so there’s hope yet. 

Words can’t explain how grateful I am that I was able to participate in a community with other pregnant women, while I could. 
I’ll always cherish that. 

Thank you, for reading this, and my myriad other novels. I was too triggered & inexperienced to provide much support this BMB, sorry for that. Maybe I can do better with being the reassuring voice of experience, as you all were, if I get the privilege of joining a future BMB. Healthy wishes to you!!!

Re: TW_______________________________Loss, Calling It

• @betsummerswilliams My heart goes out to you. That is so terribly rough.. I will still hope for a miracle for you. I'm so thankful that you did choose to celebrate every day of this little ones life. Even if only able to be held in your heart right now, all your little ones can dance together in heaven. If you find any peace or joy in reading, “Born to Shine” and “I am Here” by Ashley LeMieux are books that I recommend. (Finding your light and inner strength in the worst of times.) Any way you process is valid. Please know you are always welcome. I have always loved your participation. 💕
  • @meagan822 I admire your eloquence & appreciate your supportive messages. Thank you for all your kind words, they’re very comforting to read. 💚
    I’ll have to look up those titles, thanks for the recommendations. 
  • Loading the player...
  • You are most welcome! Comfort through words is the least I can offer. My heart is with you!❤️
  • I am so sorry for your loss, @betsummerswilliams Wishing you peace 💚
  • @betsummerswilliams I am so so sorry for your loss. I’m so glad that you celebrated every day, that’s a beautiful and hard thing to do after experiencing loss. Wishing you healing and peace.
  • This wasn’t ever this painful before, but I’ve never been this far along for a loss either. I feel like I’m bleeding the right amount, and there’s some pretty large clots, but smaller than a gold ball. I’d rather just let it pass at home than be at the ER right now. Just put on a new regular pad and an hour timer. I’ll for sure go if I get any more concerned, but don’t think it’s necessary.
  • @betsummerswilliams I’m so sorry to read this.  You are such a kind and intuitive soul, and I always appreciated you’re thoughtful perspectives on each topic discussed.  My heart goes out to you.  Sending you strength and peace.
  • @betsummerswilliams oh I'm devastated at this news for you. I am so sorry you're going through this again. You are such a special friend here, and we will all miss you so much. I'm praying for peace for you. Please take care of yourself and be kind to yourself. 💗
  • @betsummerswilliams I am so so sorry to read this. I wish the outcome was different for you. I prayer some day you get to snuggle a sweet babe. Take care of yourself. 💛
  • So sorry for your loss 💕💕
  • @betsummerswilliams so incredibly sorry for your loss💔 I'm in awe of your positivity and bright outlook on life even though your struggles. We could all learn so much from you! I'll be praying for your rainbow baby. 
  • @betsummerswilliams I am so saddened to hear this. I love what you brought to the group and for your lovely insights. Take care of yourself <3
  • I am so so sorry @betsummerswilliams, just heartbroken for what you are going through. Please be kind to yourself and know that we’re all thinking of you 💕 
  • @betsummerswilliams I'm so incredibly sorry for you. This is just devastating news. Please take care of yourself. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts. 
  • @betsummerswilliams I am so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself❤️ 
  • @betsummerswilliams my heart goes out to you. I’m going to message you with my email address in case you ever just need someone to talk to. Please know this is a terrible thing but you don’t have to go through this alone. We’re all rooting for you 💞
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • I'm so very sorry. Reading about your journey and hardships makes my heart ache for what you're going through. You've made a mark, here. Sending all my love.
  • I’m so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you have had a few losses as well. I too suffered from Multiple miscarriages. I had twins, and then had four losses. It wasn’t until I found reproductive immunology so that I figured out my body was attacking my babies. Obviously I don’t know if that is the case for you, but we did get our rainbow baby. 

Much love and prayers for your healing heart. @b@betsummerswilliams