April 2022 Moms

Fit Mom Friday 1/21

Fit Mom Friday is a fun way to help us on our healthy pregnancy goals. Fit is whatever it means to you!

Me in the basement “working out”

Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share): 

Week's Successes:

Week's Challenges: 

GTKY: What's a movie you can practically quote from start to finish?

Re: Fit Mom Friday 1/21

• Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share): Some kind of exercise 3-5x/week

Week's Successes: 5 workouts this week! It helps that some of them are only 20min or less. And I’m really loving yoga because my joints are getting sore.

Week's Challenges: I got my (long overdue) booster yesterday so I spent the rest of the day and today just lying around resting. The second dose had hit me really hard but this one seems to be going okay so far. I didn’t sleep well last night because I was shivering and achy, and I woke up this morning with a headache, but at least I’m up and about! Currently sitting with DD6 doing homeschool stuff before it starts to snow later this afternoon. 

GTKY: What's a movie you can practically quote from start to finish? Sleepless in Seattle! It’s one of my comfort movies. I’m totally in love with Tom Hanks. 
  • Health/Fitness Goal (and why, if you want to share): Eat nutritious foods and perform weekly exercises as I move into my 3rd trimester to prepare my body for labor and birth.

Week's Successes: I’m finally starting to gain my endurance and lung capacity back after having COVID! At the beginning of the work week I was exhausted, but I’ve been able to do daily walks at lunch x5 (going a little hit further every day) and one prenatal yoga class. I’ve also been consistently doing the spinning babies daily exercises from their website, so regardless of whether I can get in a yoga workout, I’m still preparing my body with these exercises.

Week's Challenges: My endurance has definitely taken a hit since being out with COVID for over a week. Between pregnancy and COVID, literally doing anything makes me out of breath now. 🥵😅 I also mentioned previously the food aversions are still going strong— even as I’m trying to slowly reintroduce some of the meat and veggies back into my diet that I used to eat, my body is still resisting (chicken, sweet potatoes, salads, etc are still a no go). However, I was able to stomach eating broccoli with all of my lunches this week, which is a huge success!

GTKY: What's a movie you can practically quote from start to finish? Oooo without a doubt, I’ll have to go with the animated Disney movies from the 90s/2000s! Definitely the classics like The Lion King and Hercules but also my guilty pleasures like The Emperor’s New Groove and Treasure Planet (my 2 all time favs! 😍🙌).

• Loading the player...
  • @minnie_yoga_mama I’ve always been obsessed with movie soundtracks, and Treasure Planet’s is one of my favorites! I had a baby in the NICU whose parents set up a speaker that just played it on repeat and it was one of their requests for when they weren’t able to visit. I think the baby’s middle name was “Hawkins”, too!
  • @minnie_yoga_mama you mentioned the food aversions somewhere else, but this response was closer to the bottom. I think I would much rather take my nausea over having the food aversions again. I'm sorry you still have them! Everything makes me feel gross and sick, but at least that means I can eat my vegetables and protein and feel the same amount of sick. I'm glad you were able to eat some broccoli this week!
  • @aloha_mama That’s so funny you say that because just the past few months, Hubby has been playing that soundtrack when we’re cooking in the kitchen or doing things around the house! Such a good movie, that wayyy too many people haven’t seen or heard of!!!