Options

Weekly check-in - week of 1/17

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Build me your favorite sandwich/burger. What goes on it?

Re: Weekly check-in - week of 1/17

• Options
    25w1d

FTM/STM/TTM+:
    STM

Upcoming Appointments:
    2/9 for 28 week

Had ultrasound today for that axillary mass in armpit. Typical me, I tried to have the tech diagnose me but she said it was coded as regular order and will hear back in a few days. She did say she will change the code to stat if there was something she saw wrong I or didn't seem right. She kept it as regular orders so that was good but I'm still like..wtf is this!?

How are you feeling?:
    I feel like I'm almost cruising into 3rd tri roller coaster ~ tired some days and so much energy the other days. I think I did over do it at work yesterday because I had a small amount of brown spotting today so I'm taking it easy for a couple days.

Rants/Raves: 
    I more work day and I'm off for 5 days. Lord knows I need it.

Questions: 
    none

ground prime and cooked medium rare
    lettuce, onions, bacon, fried egg, avocado
    good homemade ranch dressing
    seasoned and buttered bun.

I LOVE a good burger and paired with fries!
  • Options
    @And846 uhhh well that’s frustrating about the US. Hope you get the results back ASAP and all is good. 

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/19 22+4

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming Appointments: not till 2/3 

How are you feeling?: pregnancy wise, fine. Generally exhausted, apparently my body just doesn’t want to sleep even though I’m so tired. Covid symptoms are mostly gone. 

Rants/Raves: I’m very much enjoying DD and DH being out of town. Does that make me a good or bad person? Lol. I already packed most of my stuff so DH could take it in a checked bag and I just have to bring a carry on. This is officially the earliest I’ve ever been packed 😆 I leave Wednesday morning. Rant is sleep- I’m so tired of feeling like my brain is failing. It’s not helping me work and I feel like such a bad employee. 

Questions: nope! But as a follow up to my Q last week- we just randomly switched DD to one of her sippy cups and she’s doing fine in Colorado apparently. I sent 1 bottle with them but just cups for the rest. Guess I stressed over nothing. 

GTKY: Build me your favorite sandwich/burger. What goes on it? Ummmm I want @and846’s burger. Sounds ideal. Except I also love ketchup so maybe ranch on the side. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @And846 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 you get your u/s results back and all is good!! 

• Options
    I changed my mind on the burger. Medium rare, with garlic aioli, cheese, tomato, lettuce, onion, and ketchup on the side for dipping 🤤 I want that now. 
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 28th, 21 weeks and 2 days

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow night is my anatomy scan! Finally! ❤️

How are you feeling?: I’m doing well. We are all feeling better now after our Covid illnesses and I’m happy to have my energy back. Baby seems still quite happy and constantly moving and kicking.

Rants/Raves: There was a LOT of snow today! 

Questions: 

GTKY: Build me your favorite sandwich/burger. What goes on it? I can’t top @and846 ‘s burger lol. Add fries and gravy on the side for me. 😊
  • Options
    May 29
    FTM/STM/TTM+:
    Baby 3
    Upcoming Appointments:
    End of the month
    How are you feeling?:
    Swollen LOL!
    Rants/Raves: 
    I just want to either move or have this house built already. Whatever we end up doing I just wish it was already done bc I know pretty soon I’m not going to feel like or be able to help pack, paint, move furniture, etc etc. And once there’s a newborn here I won’t have time to dedicate 100% either. 😢
    I’d probably go with a roast beef po-boy. Drowning in gravy, like you need a bib drowning. Some debris fries and a cold fountain drink. Mmmm 😋 

• Options
    @And846 hopefully you hear back soon for your ultrasound results! Enjoy your break!

@b_1029 glad you're feeling a bit better covid wise! And don't fe guilty for enjoying your solo time! Also your DD and her sippy cups... toddlers 🙄🙄 

@fireflyz_56 glad to hear your doing better covid wise as well! Good luck with your anatomy scan!

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 23 wk, 5/16

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Upcoming Appointments: glucose test in 2 weeks 😖 dreading it so much. Why is it so miserable????

How are you feeling?: Sciatica and back pain are back in business and here to stay, apparently. Other than that, not too bad.

Rants/Raves: rant: my skin is still drier than the Sahara, but also, I'm breaking out 

Rave: apparently my scalp is joining the dryness train as well, because I can go THREE DAYS without washing my hair, and it's barely greasy at all. What is this magic?!?! I have extremely fine hair, and I've tried and failed to train my hair to go EOD, but the magic of pregnancy is like no other. 

Questions: nope

GTKY: Build me your favorite sandwich/burger. What goes on it? Um definitely a hamburger. NO CHEESE, unless it's goat cheese. Something about a melted square of cheese on my burger has always been extremely off putting to me. But I also like grilled cheese, so idk. 🤷‍♀️ Anyway, I'd add BBQ sauce, bacon, lettuce if I'm not lettuce wrapping, maybe an avocado, and depending on how I feel, a GF bun. And def fries on the side. With more bbq sauce. 
  • Options
    @karisahamdi Wow I love your bathroom!!! Did you do all the tile and paint yourself?? Looks sooo good. Also- I have opinions about the Pedi. Get ready… you asked!! Haha

I interviewed 3 different pediatricians (based on friends reviews) prior to my first child being born. I picked one and felt really good about it. However- after several check ups I realized I didn’t like him (when my kid was around 1 years old). During that time I had the chance to meet other providers at the same office so I was able to find one I liked and I switched. 

My takeaways - 1. You can always always always switch at any point!!! Start with friends recommendations but you are not required to stay “loyal” to any provider.
    2. I ended up choosing a NP instead of an MD. The NP I chose is a young(ish) mother like myself.  she works at a clinic with MDs and can do everything they do. If my kid needs a spinal tap or a major surgery then sure, I want the most experienced person and I can ask for that if the time comes. Pediatricians spend a lot of their training in school with SICK kids. However, in the first year of baby’s life they have tonnnnns of “well child” visits. They talk about sleep and feeding and weight gain, etc. The first MD I had was just not helpful with that kind of practical stuff. I would rather have my super personable NP, who has a kid the same age as my kid, who is a mom, who’s walking through the same struggles as me, than an MD (at least for well child stuff)

all that to say, your kid will mostly just have well child visits. So I’d go with a provider you like and respect and trust and get along with. Also, it’s nice to have a clinic that encourages parents to call with questions. My clinic has a phone nurse that will answer my FTM questions like “how much Tylenol can I give” or “she has this rash but it’s probably fine… right?”. Having the phone all option made me feel so much more at ease! 
  • Options
    @karisahamdi I would ask around local mom groups and see who they like. Also, definitely pick something close by, so if you call early am as soon as they open, and they ask you to come in 15 min, it's a doable thing! It's probably also a big pro if your pediatrician's office has multiple doctors, so for a sick visit you can get in asap with whoever. Our pedi is part of a large hospital system, also has an urgent care in the same system right next door, so that's convenient as well, because all her medical records are available every where we go, which is so important for us. 

I think I just called the pediatrician a couple months before I was due, and asked what I should do about first appointments, and they just told me to call back to schedule when she was born. 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    @karisahamdi I have a very close relationship with my primary care doc. I asked him who he takes his own children to. That’s how I chose our pedi. 😂

• Options
    @karisahamdi wheb i was a FTM Looking i actually asked my OB since i valued his input and who he took his kids to. Then i looked up practice and we chose a DR. They have multiple so we did see then all over the course of sick visits and now strictly only see 2 of them as our “chosen ones”. It is also close to us so we can quickly get there for last minute sick calls, they are tied into the hospital network and the nurse line and after hours lines are a life saver! 
  • Options
    @karisahamdi I was so overwhelmed by it too. I ultimately ended up asking my OB where to start and she gave some recommendations. I wanted to go to a practice that was tied into the hospital/health system I was already a part of (my OB, primary) so that all my / her L&D records would already be in there. I don’t love the actual pediatrician and keep meaning to call and switch providers, but with sick visits and stuff I’ve gotten to meet others within the practice that I really like. Agreed with And that the after hours stuff is awesome. We’ve had to take DD to the ER a couple times and it’s so nice having her tied into the system already. 
  • Options
    I hope those experiencing covid issues feel better real soon. Hubs has had it twice over the last 3 years and I've been lucky so far. Best wishes to you!

May 19th. 22w 5d

FTM/STM/TTM+:
    FTM

Upcoming Appointments:
    A back to back day 2/29. Quick scan, echocardiogram, and regular OBGYN check in for 28w.

How are you feeling?:
    Not bad. Finally feeling flutters this past week for sure! Tired, but nothing excessive. Left hip discomfort.

Rants/Raves: 
    I'm most of the way through the baby blanket. I'm crocheting. Wicked excited.
    Rant: I won't be able to visit my Mom up north before baby gets here. I haven't seen my Mom in going on 4 years, bummed.

Questions: None, y'all have been posting some great things for me to read and research about pumps and pediatricians. Thanks!

I had no idea what to put until I realized that I haven't had my favorite most basic sandwich from back home in years!! A ham dagwood topped with bacon from the local store my cousin owns. My fancy answer is a lobster roll with just enough mayo to hold it together with a little Lettuce in the split top hotdogs roll (lightly toasted). As for a burger, not picky, I'll eat them all!!
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 22 weeks 

Upcoming Appointments: Just had one! Next is the glucose next month. 

How are you feeling?: after two weeks of congestion I’ve finally kicked this cold! Now it’s being replaced by low back pain, headaches, and serious indigestion. 

Rants/Raves: not necessarily a rant or a rave… baby is measuring 26 weeks (4 weeks ahead according to fundal height). My midwife said it’s super normal for babies to have growth spurts at different times between 20-30 weeks, so the normal “within 2 cm” rule doesn’t necessarily apply at that time. Interesting. I always measured small with my first and I knew I was looking bigger this time!!

Questions: Anyone else have a resurgence of nausea/vomiting/indigestion at this time? I’ve puked twice in two days and I don’t have a bug. Just pregnant. 

An Italian sandwich. Ciabatta bread, salami, pepperoni, any other cured meat. Pepper Jack cheese. Pepperoncinis. Tomato. Shredded lettuce. Some zesty sauce/aioli. Nothing healthy whatsoever. 
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 23+6

FTM/STM/TTM+:STM

Upcoming Appointments:1/25

How are you feeling?: tired mostly

Rants/Raves: DH told me his father doesn’t feel comfortable coming over for DD birthday. It’s really small basically just our immediate families and a grandparent each. We also asked for people to get tested beforehand (most are vaxxed- just over half have the booster or have had Covid in the past month or two) so I feel like we are being pretty precautious (not requiring masks but people are more than welcome to wear them if they want) so I am not sure what the hold up is. Her first party was two separate events and I just can’t imagine having two family parties for each kid every year.

Questions: 

GTKY: Build me your favorite sandwich/burger. What goes on it? A chicken parmesan sandwich sounds good right about now :)
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/9 - 24w1d

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4/5th TM

Upcoming Appointments: 1/28 growth scan

How are you feeling?: Tired, really starting to slow down due to size a lot unfortunately. I feel like I'm knee deep in the 3rd tri and still have 14 weeks to go!!!

Rants/Raves:  Rant - I'm feeling so overwhelmed with life lately. Demands from my kids, house is a disaster, rodent problems in our van/garage/porch, van repairs from rodent damage, covid worries, preparing for the babies (which we haven't started).. the thought of adding 2 babies into this madness just is unthinkable to me. 
    Rave - Weaning the 2yo went way better than anticipated. Next up: potty training

Questions: 

Chicken burger with mayo, lettuce & tomato. Mmm. 

Married 11.12.11
    JB 08.02.13 
    EC 12.11.15
    GE 04.04.19
    #4 & #5 due 05.05.22
  • Options
    @jackdetroit Congrats on weaning! I’m sure it’s bittersweet but it feels good to accomplish. And you have every reason to feel overwhelmed… that is a lot going on (currently) AND a lot to mentally prepare for in the future! You are worthy of expressing those feelings and needs. Reach out to “your people” as you feel able ♥️♥️ hugs. 
  • Options
    Glad to hear many of you with COVID and colds are feeling better! 

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days:  21w1d

Upcoming Appointments:  Anatomy scan on Friday

How are you feeling?:  I ran into the corner of the dresser really hard in the middle of the night a few days ago and the spot is still really tender.  I have no reason to believe I did anything beyond get a bruise but I'm looking forward to the US later this week to confirm babe is doing ok in there. 

Rants/Raves: DD is back in daycare after being home quarantined all last week.  

Questions: 

GTKY: Build me your favorite sandwich/burger. What goes on it?   One of my favorite sandwiches is a Rachel on GF bread, with sliced turkey, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut and Russian dressing.  
  • Options
    @brookejay06 DH did it all!!

Thank you all for the pediatrician insights - super helpful 💜 
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 17th, 23 w 1 d

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4th time mom 

Upcoming Appointments: January 24th, regular check up 

How are you feeling?: starting to feel uncomfortable, baby is sitting down low 

Rants/Raves: Rant; I'm clearly hormonal, but I'm salty over the fact that literally no one asks how I'm doing, but I know once the baby is here they will constantly want to see him. 

Rave; We got a new vehicle today that will better fit our soon to be 4 kids! 

Questions: None 

GTKY: Build me your favorite sandwich/burger. What goes on it? I love a good cowboy burger; cheese, onion rings, bbq sauce, lettuce & pickles 😋
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/23, 22w 4d

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments: 24w routine check 

How are you feeling?: overall better, but this third pregnancy is no joke. I’ve got to be measuring at least a month ahead right now. My stomach muscles already hurt so bad

Rants/Raves: Still nauseous at night! Also, wind chill is -12 right now. Wtf

Questions: 

GTKY: Build me your favorite sandwich/burger. What goes on it? Pretty basic haha. Cheeseburger with bacon and avocado and barbecue sauce 
  • Options
    May 10 / 24 wks & 3 days

FTM/STM/TTM+: 
    FTM

Upcoming Appointments:
    Well we were supposed to have our 24 week appt (glucose check) today, however, we had to move it to next Friday. 

How are you feeling?:
    Sick 😷. Tested positive for COVID yesterday. 

Rants/Raves: 
    Rant: Having COVID is making me feel very stressed about the baby. Plus not being able to take hardly any meds is HORRIBLE. Sore throat, headache, and congestion are my primary symptoms. Vomitted once yesterday. Thankfully no fever so far for me! DH tested positive Wednesday and battled fecer on and off Tues night - Thur afternoon. He still feels bad today but has been fever free!

Rave: We have made A LOT of nursery progress! Crib, changing table, toy shelf, and dresser up and organized. Still a lot to do, but I'm happy with how it's going. DH has been so helpful!

Questions: 
    Not currently 😊

I'm pretty basic. Beef patty, cheese, bacon, and egg on a bun. Not a huge fan of veggies or sauces on my burger. I think it's a texture thing. 
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/6, 25 weeks

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments: 24 week was yesterday, 3 hr glucose next Thursday

How are you feeling?: Good!

Rants/Raves: Ughghgh welp I failed the 1 hr glucose at my appointment yesterday so I have to do the 3 hr next week. I’m so annoyed and frustrated, the 3 hr is like one of the worst experiences I can think of (fasting while pregnant, no bathroom breaks, no sips of water) on top of the fact that I legit do not want to sit in the lab with every sick person who comes in for 3.5+ hours while covid is skyrocketing. Blah….  So I had to do the 3 hr test with my second kid as well and I did end up passing so I have some hopes that I will pass but also the thought of not passing and adding more appointments and monitoring when I already have no help or support from my spouse with watching my 3yo during appointments just about sends me through the roof. Anyways, that’s my huge rant. 

Questions: nope

Pretty basic for a cheeseburger but I love to add sautéed onions and mushrooms on it! 
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/10 - 24w 4d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments: 1/31 Glucose Exam

How are you feeling?: I'm feeling better! Nausua has finally subsided mostly, and I'm getting energy back to get some things done around the house. I'm a little more uncomfortable than I anticipated this early on, with baby moving around and taking up room, muscles stretching etc. but overall, good!

Rants/Raves: Rants- I hope this is okay to post here, and I want to begin that I respect EVERYONE and their decision! My husband learned today if he doesn't decide to get fully vaccinated he will be unemployed. I'm upset that the world is coming to this, and basically eliminating choice. We just aren't very comfortable with taking it with it still under trail and having family that had some pretty serious reactions, and now they also refuse to get the boosters. I understand that some people are very comfortable with it and don't have any adverse affects that's wonderful, I just hate it for those of us who aren't and now we're facing these ultimatums. My husband is in a pretty high position, so they are pushing for him to put in an religious exemption because they don't want to fire him. We'll have to see how everything goes, just stressful at this moment!

Rave- We are business owners, so in the event that he does lose his job we will be okay. A set back financially, but okay! So I am thankful for all the blessing God has provided for us in our lives despite the challenges we face.

Questions: 

A BigMAc. I CRAVE them! I didn't even eat fast food before, but I will drive 30 minutes to town just to get a BigMac and fry lol.
  • Options
    @tacosandtums that is AWESOME!!! Yay for a healthy baby and mom!!!
  • Options
    @tacosandtums I gained 65 with my first and over 80 with my second - I SO feel you!! This time I’m sitting at around 17-18 and even that is hard for reasons but all 3 docs are pleased. 💜💜

• Options
    @And846 Great news! Congrats!
  • Options
    And846 said:
    …and the results from the ultrasound came back as normal. Just a swollen node, most likely caused by the booster shot. Whew! 

Thanks all for the thoughts this week! 

Edit: spelling

• Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 22 weeks may 27

FTM/STM/TTM+:third baby

Upcoming Appointments: had my Anatomy scan yesterday and found out we are having a boy!

How are you feeling?: my hips/back are achy/uncofortable at this point so going to find try and find a chiropractor/PT this week 

Rants/Raves: My husband is starting a new side gig this week teaching a graduate class!  I'm so proud of him for taking something so new/exciting and big on.  It goes through the whole spring semester and ends like a week and a half before I am due.

Questions: none

GTKY: Build me your favorite sandwich/burger. What goes on it? mmmmmm....bacon cheeseburger with bbq sauce and sweet potato fries.